What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    I love this forum you are all so inspiring!
  • youdith3
    youdith3 Posts: 2 Member
    I logged back into MFP after being gone for a while, and I managed to meal prep for the entire week and make a nice healthy dinner for my parents and sisters.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Last month looked like this for me: my eldest daughter graduated with her Master's Degree so we celebrated at a restaurant, I spent a week at Disney so I ate stuff I normally wouldn't have, I hosted two parties at my house, my other daughter had a candy exchange Christmas party, I traveled a few day so had to eat at restaurants, I met up with an old friend at a restaurant, I met up with my book club friends at a restaurant, I took my daughter to meet up with her friends at a restaurant three times during the month and I went to a Chinese buffet for Christmas dinner.
    Last month I lost 5 pounds, I showed restraint at each of these but still indulged a bit and logged into MFP every day. A few of the days I went over my calories and a few of the days I didn't log my food but was conscientious of the calories. My goal for the month of December was 6 pounds loss; I didn't quite make it but that's okay. My biggest NSV is not giving up on my weight loss goal but still participating in all the fun.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I'm officially not needing to buy plus sizes! This is a first in more than 30 years! Funny how our brains work as I automatically go to the larger sizes and then my daughter has to call out and ask what I'm doing! Lol

Yes, I'm finally there too!! What a lovely feeling! Great one!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I've been doing the SL 5x5 program for 6 weeks or so. Made sure I eased into it so as not to injure myself. I had worked up to squatting with 60 lbs on the barbell (already this was huge, since my first day at the gym I couldn't even complete 10 body weight squats!). I decided to try a new full-body workout and made up the plan. I went to the gym on Sunday, and my first thing was Hack Squat. I did not know, however, that the starting weight on the hack squat is 105 lbs!! And I did it!! 3 sets of 8 reps and 1 set of 7 reps. I can still barely walk, but I did it!!
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    365 straight days of logging on MFP. Down from 38s US jeans to 32s US jeans.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2016
    I donated 12 pairs of pants to a thrift store last month, thinking I was getting rid of all my "too-big-to-wear" pants. Now I realized that pants that I thought fit me well are too big also. I have not lost that many pounds in the last 2 months, but my body apparently has changed.

70044776.png
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    I just realized this...it wasn't that long ago that I was thinking how overwhelming it felt to need to lose 75 pounds. Today I caught myself thinking "only 40 pounds to go."
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I just got freed of my wrist splint. It's not really a NSV, but it's great anyway. :D
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Woke. Up late, Excuses. Good to miss am gym visit, No way ran faster. And harder!! 10. Minutes. Late to work, no problem, I'm the boss anyway, , getting. My cardio. In makes. Me the CEO of Life!!!!
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2016
    Went to the grocery store today and didn't even think about the old stuff I would have bought 6 months ago. The cashier, a woman I've seen there for two years but haven't had more than brief conversations with, commented on my selections, weight loss, etc, and asked for advice on how to lose weight. Feels so good to want to eat clean and not think twice about picking up old habits.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Went to the bar with friends and just drank water.
    Until now I would never go to a bar unless I had saved up enough calories for a 'real' drink.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Went to the grocery store today and didn't even think about the old stuff I would have bought 6 months ago.

I am currently on a diet break so I can eat whatever I want. I went to the grocery store the other day and stopped in front of the potato chip display. I could have bags of potato chips right now if I wanted so I started browsing through the selection to see what might appeal to me. And ... after spending 5 or 10 minutes standing there looking at it all ... I kept walking. None of it appealed to me.

I went round the corner and selected some cans of kidney beans, lentils, and diced tomatoes for a slow cooker meal I wanted to prepare instead. :)

• KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Went to the grocery store today and didn't even think about the old stuff I would have bought 6 months ago.

I am currently on a diet break so I can eat whatever I want. I went to the grocery store the other day and stopped in front of the potato chip display. I could have bags of potato chips right now if I wanted so I started browsing through the selection to see what might appeal to me. And ... after spending 5 or 10 minutes standing there looking at it all ... I kept walking. None of it appealed to me.

I went round the corner and selected some cans of kidney beans, lentils, and diced tomatoes for a slow cooker meal I wanted to prepare instead. :)

That's pretty funny. Free to eat whatever and still making good choices. I head to the chip aisle because the nuts are there and stroll by the chips with no problem. Love it. Really hoping a year from now I can say the same thing!

• Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Wow. You guys all inspire me. Well done to each and every one of you!

I'm proud to have been living the 5:2 lifestyle for 30 months without skipping a single fast day!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Killed it at the gym today. Did so many machines and the stationary bike. Felt so strong. It's been a while since I went to the gym so was proud i did more than just the bike.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    I went rock climbing!! The clip and climb version in a gym but still!! I pulled my 180lb body 50 ft in the air and loved it! My legs were jello at the top, I shook like a leaf, my hands and arms hurt and I got a steel burn but it was totally worth it. This never would have happened even 9 months ago. I tried things, never said can't unless my body collapsed, didn't care when a random guy laughed when I dropped (screw you though), and didn't care that the tight harness showed every bulge. I was giddy with adrenaline and I'm PROUD of myself!! Onwards and upwards!

P.s. the kicker for me? When I was in 8th grade my class went rock climbing. I was terrible and felt humiliated because I couldn't do it. It was always kind of hanging over my head as a failure. No more :)

Totally inspiring!!!! Great job conquering that demon!!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    While on the elliptical, my 3 year old son wanted to do it too, so he marched in place next to me for a while. Showing him good habits made me feel like this is what it's all about.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!