What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• katyjay2014
    katyjay2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was a bit apprehensive when I did my monthly weigh in this am. The Christmas foods, New Years, ALL the treats [Lindor chocolates] that patients bring in.... but I actually maintained my steady weight loss! Thrilled and was not expecting that. Kind of a scale victory, but I was able to keep to my new habits and I ploughed through December like a champ ;)
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I stumped my little toe badly yesterday (still hurts - thankfully not broken, just badly bruised), and I resisted the urge to dig into the box of chocolates in the fridge ( hubby has been eating them). So proud of me!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    I waked today and yesterday. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it was really cold and cloudy which is the kind of weather I hate and in the past I would have just spent the day on the couch reading or watching movies. I was proud of myself for sticking to my goal.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This happened over Christmas but I saw family members that haven't seen me in a while and received several compliments on my weight loss (I've only lost 20 pounds so far but it still felt awesome to hear :smile:).

Yesterday I purchased 2 pairs of size 14 pants. I got them on and while a little snug - they FIT! I know that I'm only 5-10 pounds away from rocking them! And I don't even care that in two months they will be too big lol.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of shirts with Kohl's cash two days ago (that's the best part of shopping there the week before Christmas, I get to go back and get something for myself right after :blush: ). Anyway, I bought size S, thinking they might be tight but I would get into them soon. I put one on today and it fit!

I also did a real pull up today! I did several in the chip up hand position (towards me) but one in the forward hand position. Earlier this week, I did the max lift test and calculated my 1RM based on Wendler's formula (weight x reps x .0333 + weight) and my estimated 1RM for squats is 210 and for deadlift is 190. Cue the happy dance! :sunglasses:
  • Glasseschickadee
    Glasseschickadee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Had a stressful situation at work and didn't come home and pig out! Had my pre planned dinner and dessert and completed my diary so I can't go sneak more and binge to deal with it!
  • raymozet
    raymozet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So approximately 1 year ago I went shopping for a pair of jeans. The pair I pulled were a bit snug so that salesperson offered a size 50 pair instead. F*&#! When did that happen? I'm the size of a house. I can't buy a size 50 pair of jeans.

Today I went shopping and bought a pair of size 42 jeans. Not only that but they were straight cut vs the loose fit I normally buy. When I was in the best shape of my life I was a size 38. So yeah ... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Was able to get out and wear all of my smaller, old clothes from the attic (they have been in there for 11 years)!!
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've had a red pencil skirt hanging in my closet that I almost gave away because I didn't think I would wear it again.
    This morning I tried it on and it was loose!
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've gone down from 38 bra size to a 36! Yay!
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have gone one full week without soda.. Hey it may be small but that is HUGE for me
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Machka9 wrote: »
    Just simply knowing that I'm starting this year at a surprisingly low weight. :) I don't have to lose more weight if I don't want to! For the first time in years, I have none of that "well, I'd really like to lose a bit of weight this year" thing hanging over my head at this time of year. I did it! :grin:

Love this!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Walked around town for four hours with daughters, having a girly day. First time in longer than I can remember that nothing hurt! Didn't need a bath and if it weren't for the cold that I'm getting over, I'd have gone out again late afternoon :-)

Such a lovely feeling to not be hurting!

:-)
    nice congrats!!

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have gone one full week without soda.. Hey it may be small but that is HUGE for me

Not small! I'm high fiving you!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The lady who works at my gym included me when she was talking about the "regulars" at the gym.

I told my friend how much I still need to lose
    (30 pounds) and she said, "Can you lose that much safely?!"
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Back at work, pants tighter, wasn't paying attention to food today but suddenly remembered MFP and I honestly am still so proud of what I've done so far, and am super happy that I can get back to the gym today! (It's been closed over the holidays.) Not stressing over a kilo when I had such a wonderful few weeks. 2016 is goal year!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    One more NSV: was pretty happy with my appearance in MOST holiday photos. First time in quite a while. :smiley:
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Over the holidays, my siblings and I all had vacation at the same time so got together for some family photos (first time in 14 years). My NSV is that I was not dreading having my photo taken, or scheming on how to hide in the back so nobody could see me, or worrying about what to wear that wouldn't make me look like a fat blob. I actually enjoyed the day, photos and all. My sister posted them on Facebook, and I LIKED them!! I'm not very photogenic, but I thought I looked decent and was happy with the results instead of being mortified.

Completely unrelated, my husband and I were in bed and he ran his hand over my thigh (I was on my side) and said "Whoa, you have a slab of muscle there." HaHa. So much better than being told I make a nice, soft pillow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!