What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I forgot my coat last night when going to the movies, but there was an Old Navy there next door. I was with my husband and his coworker. In the past I would never EVER want to try on anything where anyone could see me. I was always crippled with insecurity! What if the size I grabbed was too small and I looked like Chris Farley in David Spades jacket "Fat man in a little goat!" What if I'm too big for any of their sizes (I used to be)? What if I put it on and it highlights my flabalanche? But last night I didn't even grab the largest size. I just grabbed an XL and tried it on and believed them when they told me they liked it! That is a HUGE CHANGE.

Then when we were at the movies, I was in the ladies room washing my hands and I thought "I like this mirror. It makes me look skinnier" so I went to the full length mirror and I looked skinnier in that one too! Maybe I am just getting skinnier and finally really seeing it!
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My office has donuts, pastries, and bagels every Friday morning and this past week I didn't eat any! I also ran a full mile without stopping after doing run/walk intervals for the past few weeks. Bring on the 5K!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    My NSV is self-care, or pampering... I had a makeup artist come over and renovate my routine. She showed me how to use the products I have and explained how to use my tools and then she did half my face step by step and then I did the other half. I really liked the results and felt like I for sure did something for me! My back story to this is that I was having a lot of body image issues and after my first day of walking, a lot of the self-loathing went away and I was better about what I saw I the mirror.

This is wonderful. I know the feeling and I hope that every woman on here arrives at this feeling of self acceptance. I was taught that pampering myself and caring for myself was selfish and frowned upon. Since making myself I priority I am not only healthy but happy too. Good for you!!
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I ran 7.33 miles this morning without walking at all! I'm training for a half marathon and had a lot of doubt about whether I'd be able to do it, I even considered changing my registration to a 10k instead. But I still have 13 weeks to train and I'm ahead of schedule! I need to learn to not underestimate myself.
  • Celebran
    Celebran Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First post here but I've been on MFP for 34 days. I discovered this thread a couple of weeks ago and have been working my way through it reading the great stories and accomplishments everyone has had so far in their journey. It has provided a lot of inspiration to stay motivated and make this a long term lifestyle change. I didn't want to post until I got to the end of the thread and now I'm here.

My initial motivation to get in better shape is the IT team decided to do a Tough Mudder together in June. I haven't done anything like that since I got out of the USMC in the early 90's so I had to get in better shape or I'd be a train wreck on the course. I purchased FitBit HR's for myself and my wife right after New Years. This has led to me changing how I'm eating (and logging it, Thanks MFP) and working out with a co-worker 5 days a week at 5am before heading into the office. It has also helped motivate my wife to use MFP and start working out, so a family win-win.

Now for some NSV's:
    1) My wife and I talking about what we're eating and going out together just to do some walking while getting chores done around town.

2) I've noticed that pants that were tight at the start of Jan are now much more comfortable. It's hard to tell how much because I'd started buying loose fit and I always wore a belt in addition to baggy shirts to help hide it from myself.

3) I've just this morning moved the belt in a notch.

4) I'm getting back some of the definition I had in my arms and legs that I had 20 years ago. I still have a layer of fat over them but my wife says she can see a difference in definition.

5) The love handles have started shrinking. This has always been my trouble area and the area I will probably be fighting the most.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Went shopping at a junior size store and kept having to put things back because they didn't fit- they were too big.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    My youngest asked me to go to the pool with him today (he's 19 and not living at home). I was able to swim 450m. Now it wasn't non-stop, and it certainly isn't the 1 k I could do in university but it's the longest I have swam for years

For the non metric folk I swam 18 lengths and my goal is 40 lengths.
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    People are telling me that I look good and that my work pants are baggy on me. I have lost 16 pounds this month/6 since I joined MFP 2 weeks ago.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I forgot my coat last night when going to the movies, but there was an Old Navy there next door. I was with my husband and his coworker. In the past I would never EVER want to try on anything where anyone could see me. I was always crippled with insecurity! What if the size I grabbed was too small and I looked like Chris Farley in David Spades jacket "Fat man in a little goat!" What if I'm too big for any of their sizes (I used to be)? What if I put it on and it highlights my flabalanche? But last night I didn't even grab the largest size. I just grabbed an XL and tried it on and believed them when they told me they liked it! That is a HUGE CHANGE.

Then when we were at the movies, I was in the ladies room washing my hands and I thought "I like this mirror. It makes me look skinnier" so I went to the full length mirror and I looked skinnier in that one too! Maybe I am just getting skinnier and finally really seeing it!

Hahaha! That so accurately describes me, as well.

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Celebran wrote: »
    First post here but I've been on MFP for 34 days. I discovered this thread a couple of weeks ago and have been working my way through it reading the great stories and accomplishments everyone has had so far in their journey. It has provided a lot of inspiration to stay motivated and make this a long term lifestyle change. I didn't want to post until I got to the end of the thread and now I'm here.

My initial motivation to get in better shape is the IT team decided to do a Tough Mudder together in June. I haven't done anything like that since I got out of the USMC in the early 90's so I had to get in better shape or I'd be a train wreck on the course. I purchased FitBit HR's for myself and my wife right after New Years. This has led to me changing how I'm eating (and logging it, Thanks MFP) and working out with a co-worker 5 days a week at 5am before heading into the office. It has also helped motivate my wife to use MFP and start working out, so a family win-win.

Now for some NSV's:
    1) My wife and I talking about what we're eating and going out together just to do some walking while getting chores done around town.

2) I've noticed that pants that were tight at the start of Jan are now much more comfortable. It's hard to tell how much because I'd started buying loose fit and I always wore a belt in addition to baggy shirts to help hide it from myself.

3) I've just this morning moved the belt in a notch.

4) I'm getting back some of the definition I had in my arms and legs that I had 20 years ago. I still have a layer of fat over them but my wife says she can see a difference in definition.

5) The love handles have started shrinking. This has always been my trouble area and the area I will probably be fighting the most.

What a great first post! Congrats on your healthy outlook and results.

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Replaced my first scooter with an adult size. Even though I'm small, I need a higher grip, and my new one has brakes.
    wt4ybpp4jsvf.jpeg
    @47Jacqueline love your scooter!
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Used the last pin hole on my belt today
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that despite it being a public holiday I walked AND played tennis instead of just sitting around all day! Woo!
  • lisamaroo
    lisamaroo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kind of a silly nsv but my blood pressure went from 130's/90's to (today) 115/67 and a resting pulse of 62. The nurse kept telling me I have fantastic stats.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    100 days of logging... 27 lbs down. Yippee!
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I saw a couple of friends over the weekend that I haven't seen in a while and they told me that I look like I'm losing weight. It's nice to hear that it shows.
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was able to run for the train (and catch it!) this morning without being out of breath. 40 lbs ago, I would have just waited for the next train.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I have an app that encourages me to get up and move every 45 minutes (otherwise I'll find out I've been sitting at my desk for three hours without getting up once!)

What app is this?

It's called Move and it's FREE! As far as I know, it's only available for iPhones, not Android. I went ahead and bought the in-app purchases and love it. Link to the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/move-daily-activity-to-stay/id555994760?mt=8
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!