What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Celebran wrote: »
    lisamaroo wrote: »
    Kind of a silly nsv but my blood pressure went from 130's/90's to (today) 115/67 and a resting pulse of 62. The nurse kept telling me I have fantastic stats.

Health NSV's are very awesome, congrats!

Congrats!! I want to get off the last of my bp meds; I know a lower weight and healthier body is the only way it will happen!
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Then when we were at the movies, I was in the ladies room washing my hands and I thought "I like this mirror. It makes me look skinnier" so I went to the full length mirror and I looked skinnier in that one too! Maybe I am just getting skinnier and finally really seeing it!

Ha, I know what you mean about the mirrors. The ones at the gym make me look fabulous, but the ones in my apartment bathroom make me look FLABulous. -___- Which am I to believe??? lol

Too funny!
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    in stressful situation at work and didn't overeat. Trying to not eat junk food after reading about food addiction on the web. I cant stop

Good for you! This is one of my biggest struggles.

I am trying to track before I eat; I have noticed that I am turning to the food to stuff my feelings. Tracking helps me to "see" it better and at least make less damaging choices.
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    My blood sugars have been in a good range for three days now. My fasting blood sugar was 99 this morning. It used to be over 200!

Great news! Do you feel the difference, too?
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    My NSV is self-care, or pampering... I had a makeup artist come over and renovate my routine. She showed me how to use the products I have and explained how to use my tools and then she did half my face step by step and then I did the other half. I really liked the results and felt like I for sure did something for me! My back story to this is that I was having a lot of body image issues and after my first day of walking, a lot of the self-loathing went away and I was better about what I saw I the mirror.

This is wonderful. I know the feeling and I hope that every woman on here arrives at this feeling of self acceptance. I was taught that pampering myself and caring for myself was selfish and frowned upon. Since making myself I priority I am not only healthy but happy too. Good for you!!

Thank you! First thing today someone commented and asked me what I changed and I looked great! I really was not expecting anyone to notice, for me changing my routine somehow stopped the watery eyes; I did not change products, only the order and techniques.

• weezieweeks
    Options
    Celebran wrote: »
    First post here but I've been on MFP for 34 days. I discovered this thread a couple of weeks ago and have been working my way through it reading the great stories and accomplishments everyone has had so far in their journey. It has provided a lot of inspiration to stay motivated and make this a long term lifestyle change. I didn't want to post until I got to the end of the thread and now I'm here.

My initial motivation to get in better shape is the IT team decided to do a Tough Mudder together in June. I haven't done anything like that since I got out of the USMC in the early 90's so I had to get in better shape or I'd be a train wreck on the course. I purchased FitBit HR's for myself and my wife right after New Years. This has led to me changing how I'm eating (and logging it, Thanks MFP) and working out with a co-worker 5 days a week at 5am before heading into the office. It has also helped motivate my wife to use MFP and start working out, so a family win-win.

Now for some NSV's:
    1) My wife and I talking about what we're eating and going out together just to do some walking while getting chores done around town.

2) I've noticed that pants that were tight at the start of Jan are now much more comfortable. It's hard to tell how much because I'd started buying loose fit and I always wore a belt in addition to baggy shirts to help hide it from myself.

3) I've just this morning moved the belt in a notch.

4) I'm getting back some of the definition I had in my arms and legs that I had 20 years ago. I still have a layer of fat over them but my wife says she can see a difference in definition.

5) The love handles have started shrinking. This has always been my trouble area and the area I will probably be fighting the most.

Thanks for sharing your successes! I love this section, too!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    At an event tonight, I was hovering over the "light refreshments" table while a woman (stranger) next to me was talking to the guy who was serving. She'd just taken a chocolate covered strawberry, and he was urging her to have a cupcake. She said something along the lines of "No, I'm fat enough, if I have a cupcake I'm never gonna get like her." and gestured/smiled at me. Me?!? What the . . . ?

I mean, she was just a nice normal-sized woman! I think I gave her a stunned look at first, but did remember to smile in a friendly way eventually. (And then I had a chocolate-covered strawberry, too. It was delicious. And no cupcake.)

Love this!!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    I'm alwayssss activating my glutes nowadays. Lol
    Even though I have four children, my stomach and waistline are pretty decent as a result of losing the weight and consistent calisthenics.

I am curious to know what exercises you do, if you don't mind sharing. I am doing calisthenics as well and would like to know your routine . Thanks in advance :)
  • lorikidder
    lorikidder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes and in the past 3 months my A1C dropped from 6.9 to 6.2
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not dreading a sunny day where I can wear a dress with bare legs finally! I always had to wear tights to stabilize the jiggling and it would make me so hot!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Bought new jeans today in a smaller size!! Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

I hope you felt fabulous in them! :smiley:
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is slipping OFF of my finger!!! It keeps turning around and it's slowly inching up to my knuckle. In a way, that's great but in a way, not so much. I'm scared of losing it! :laugh:

Good for you -- but please don't wear it without a keeper or having it made smaller - I lost mine the week before my silver wedding anniversary due to weight loss - it wasn't expensive as we were young and hard up when we married but it did make me sad.

Congrats on a fabulous loss :flowerforyou:

Id definitely get one of those things that makes them a little tighter, especially if you still have a good bit to lose. a lot of places wont resize them but once or twice.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day #400 in a row of logging
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be 1165 days logged.

Yesterday before the gym, my sister said i was looking skinnier. Nice feeling. She's been going to the gym as well. Kind of feel like the inspiration for it
  • dygitalpunk
    dygitalpunk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today I bought 2 bras from a lingerie shop at the mall for the first time in over 5 years. I had been buying them from a plus size specialty shop before today. Went down a cup size and down 2 inches in band size.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Been running a lot more on the treadmill at the gym. Using the elliptical at higher levels for 30 min straight without stopping.
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    I am thrilled to get over 5,000 steps the last couple days! Today, I got over 6,000 so upped my goal...
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    In 5 weeks, I've lost 3.5 inches from my waist, 3 inches from my hips, and 1 inch from each arm and leg. :smile:
    Unfortunately, I also lost 3 inches from my bust. LOL! It's okay though so long as everything else is going down.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is slipping OFF of my finger!!! It keeps turning around and it's slowly inching up to my knuckle. In a way, that's great but in a way, not so much. I'm scared of losing it! :laugh:

Good for you -- but please don't wear it without a keeper or having it made smaller - I lost mine the week before my silver wedding anniversary due to weight loss - it wasn't expensive as we were young and hard up when we married but it did make me sad.

Congrats on a fabulous loss :flowerforyou:

Id definitely get one of those things that makes them a little tighter, especially if you still have a good bit to lose. a lot of places wont resize them but once or twice.

I got a cap ring to wear in front of the larger rings to tide me over 'till I loose the rest of my weight. It's just a stacking ring in a size that fits. Works great and it's pretty!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »

@47Jacqueline love your scooter!

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!