What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    I gained 5 pounds on a Caribbean cruise. We got home last night and today I am right back on track with my program. It's comforting to know that I can go whole hog for 10 days and have no problem returning to my new normal.

I think this is awesome! Vacations (to me) are about taking a break and allowing yourself to indulge a little bit. The best part is WANTING to get back on track and finding it easy to do so! :)
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited February 2016
    Tried to hook my belt in smallest hole and realized that i was trying to hook it past the smallest hole, soon i'll need to put a new hole in :) had this belt for years. Making progress!
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    This may be too much information, but my trouble area has always been my "pouch", the area under your belly button and two things have happened regarding this: 1) my underwear no longer slips down (I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced this happening during the day), but it's in the same place I left it when I go home and get changed at night and 2) my significant other noticed how much smaller it was and told me, in a positive way of course, he now has much less to grab on to.

I call it my "innertube". Lol. For me, it serves as a natural belt for my pants! I would love to get to the point where it gets small enough for my pants to fall down!
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    I went to an AHL Hershey Bear's game last night and I was comfortable in the seat! 49 pounds really makes a difference.
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    I had a gray suit size 14 in the back of my closet that I knew I would fit in one day. I laid it out last night to wear it today and IT'S TOO BIG!! The last time I tried it on I almost ripped the seams trying to squeeze into it. This is bitter sweet though. Sweet because it's too big but bitter because suits are outrageously expensive and now I have to go buy another gray one.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    I had a gray suit size 14 in the back of my closet that I knew I would fit in one day. I laid it out last night to wear it today and IT'S TOO BIG!! The last time I tried it on I almost ripped the seams trying to squeeze into it. This is bitter sweet though. Sweet because it's too big but bitter because suits are outrageously expensive and now I have to go buy another gray one.[/quote

Can you get it altered?
  • cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    With the weather being nice in my area, I went into my closet to grab some shorts. All of the shorts I own are too big, to the point where I could fairly easily slip them over my waist without unbuttoning them. While I am excited and stoked, I'm also kinda bummed. I'm a broke college student and I can't currently afford a new wardrobe, even though I really need new clothes haha.

I'll take it
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    There's a chair in the church's conference room and the last time I was in there (1 year ago) I couldn't fit in it I had to go get another chair. Last night I went to a meeting and I sat in the chair and comfortably too!!
  • shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    Close family and friends have been telling me that they could see a difference but every time I looked in the mirror I still saw the me that started 6 months ago. I have felt the difference health-wise, stamina, etc. but couldn't see it. This morning I passed a mirror and something clicked. 73lbs lost and I can finally look at my reflection and start seeing who I am becoming, not who I have been for 25 years.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    As I was walking down the hallway today (mind you not in a new outfit, it only looks new because my body is shaped different now), a random co-worker popped up out of his cubicle to tell me how tiny my waist is and that I am now Queen of the office. Title accepted LOL :p
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    The other day was "Fat Tuesday" (or Mardi Gras, or whatever, the day before fasting for Lent begins) and I didn't even realize it until Ash Wednesday! In years past I really looked forward to Fat Tuesday because it meant I got to eat basically whatever I wanted and pig out while having an "excuse". But this year I wasn't even aware!! It's great to be at a place where food isn't #1 thing on my mind!!
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    I wore pants to work that the waistband was too tight...it mad me think about everything I was putting in my mouth. I am not going to make a habit of it, but it was an interest path today.

I also got over 7,000 steps today!! I am an emotional and stress eater; let me just say, I am an overeater!! I have been working on walking on my breaks and lunch and I really think it is helping my mental outlook...

Thanks for listening!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited February 2016

I played a whole show without back pain. And instead of cringing at the photographs, I was happy!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    I did 10 plank jacks in a row...then rested and did 10 more! Real ones!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    I returned to a spin class last night after a year of doing different classes instead. I was amazed to find that I wasn't at all in discomfort and I managed the whole class at the levels set by the instructor. This is despite him notoriously being the toughest spin instructor at the gym!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    A few NSVs today:

It would have been so easy to get complacent and lazy after finishing Couch to 5 K, but I've just downloaded a 10 K trainer app! 10 K seems totally mad and unobtainable, but so did 5 K nine weeks ago...

I wasn't seeing any progress on the scale for a while (up and down over the same pound). This morning I dropped a couple of pounds to where I should be if I'd been progressing like I expected, but that's not the victory - the victory is that I didn't get discouraged or stressed about the stall, didn't try to cut my calories drastically like I might have in the past or anything like that. I just told myself 'stick with the programme, weight loss isn't linear', and stayed calm.

At Nando's the other day I noticed how uncomfortable their wooden chairs are - hadn't noticed that before so I must have less padding than the last time I visited!
  • mrschikin
    mrschikin Posts: 45 Member
    I bought some clothes that are one size lower than my starting size, thinking I would fit into them in another 6 weeks or so. To my utter surprise, they fit now! Some zip up but are a bit tight, so I'll lay them aside, but today I'm wearing one of the tops I got. :)
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Morning!! I had a guy tell me I had a fantastically heart-shaped butt and had a body shaped like a guitar...LOL Not used to compliments :smile:

And I know it's scale related but not really...for the first time in 7 1/2 years I weigh LESS than my husband. So that's such a huge milestone I'm sharing anyhow.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    shellygw wrote: »
    Close family and friends have been telling me that they could see a difference but every time I looked in the mirror I still saw the me that started 6 months ago. I have felt the difference health-wise, stamina, etc. but couldn't see it. This morning I passed a mirror and something clicked. 73lbs lost and I can finally look at my reflection and start seeing who I am becoming, not who I have been for 25 years.

THIS!! 76lbs down and I'm still looking at before and afters and not seeing a difference. It's driving my hubby nuts!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    I've been noticing lately that when I do eat too much, I realize that I'm full and actually stop eating much sooner than I used to. Seems like it should be natural but I'd been overeating for so long, my body just got used to it =/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!