What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A skirt that I have been wearing unzipped for the last two inches finally zipped up all the way today! I can't see any difference in the mirror, but my body is changing....
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    kiralu76 wrote: »
    For years I have avoided looking at myself in the mirror, now I can't help but stop and check myself out to see how I am progressing. Am I becoming vain?

Oh man, I've noticed that I've been doing this A LOT lately...also I cannot CANNOT stop touching my collarbones!
    My latest NSV is that I completed 5 miles on the elliptical in under 45 minutes with a 13 resistance!
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Had my first Check in body scan; a months weight training and taking care of my nutrient intake have lost me 6kg of fat and gained 2kg of muscle. Also decreased my metabolic age by 10years :blush:
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Realizing when I get up every morning I am not limping around. Losing a few pounds, exercising a bit more is making moving so much easier
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had two the past 2 weeks:
    • First, I was out looking for a t-shirt at the sale racks (50% off) and all they had was a medium in the style I wanted. Took a flyer on it for $6 and low and behold... IT FIT!
    • Second, yesterday I was down in my basement exercising and saw my bin with old clothes I had put away because they didn't fit anymore. Busted it open and pulled out a pair of 32" waist jeans and a long sleeve waffle-tee that had become way too tight when I was more "fluffy". The jeans fit great (even a bit loose!) and the shirt fit again (no more moobs!).
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    no PF flares despite moving over the weekend (54,000+ steps, countless flights of stairs and all day except trips between locations on my feet). Sure my feet and ankles are/were sore and tired but not the crippling heel pain that I would have gotten 30 lbs ago. Between the new sneakers and weight loss and increased exercise, I have no actual pain even without inserts.
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Realizing you really do need to wear the smaller jeans because the bigger size look ridiculous... And then feeling pretty good in them!
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wearing a dress shirt today that I really like but haven't worn in months, it fits perfectly, looser than it fit even when I bought it!
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Tightened my fitbit strap 2 notches today! It's 2 holes away from switching to the small one, woo!
  • MegsHutch90
    MegsHutch90 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I graduated high school, the day before I left for college, my friends and I got together for "one last hurrah". We ended up in the lake, fully clothed. None of us had dry clothes, so we had to borrow some from my friend K, at whose house we were. The only pants that she had that fit me were her volleyball sweats (she's super athletic), and they barely fit.

For some reason, I kept the sweats all these years. Yesterday, 8 years later, I put them on just for kicks and they were almost too big! It was rather emotional (and I am not a super emotional person). Made my week.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I have the day off today, so I'm going over to the mall to get my wedding ring resized.......AGAIN.

I foolishly had it done once before when I was down about 50 lbs., but now that I'm down almost 75 lbs., my ring is actually falling off my finger and dropping to the ground. I hope they can do a second resizing on it! I should have waited until I knew my fingers had shrunk down as small as they were going to get.

I just thought of a second one too. I haven't been able to do a chin-up since grade school. Last week I hit my goal weight of 175 lbs., so I decided to try doing a chin-up when we took the kids to the park that afternoon. I didn't do one chin-up.....I did FIVE!!!!

Way to go with the chin ups. I couldn't do one to save my life!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,186 Member
    Options
    Two wrist stories today! It's funny, but I never really thought of wrists as being a place to lose weight... Awesomeness!

Yes, wrists, too. A while back, I had to have a weight-lifter friend re-size a thick silver cuff bracelet I like to wear. ;) Sure, I could've gone to a silversmith, but what fun would that be?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have been losing as I have been very diligent about walking and food. A diabetes diagnosis does that.

I bought a dress to wear for a Sept. wedding. Gorgeous cut, favourite designer and just my colours. And on sale. I'm in a 14 now and all they had was a 10 left.

Surprise-I can get it on! It will look better by Sept. as I continue to shrink but I was amazed I could get it on (and actually wear it with shapewear if I had too)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I got my Fitbit 2 months ago my resting heart rate was close to 80 (77-78). The last 2 weeks has been 66-68. I'm improving!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Went out for unplanned drinks to console a friend who had to put her dog down today and only had one vodka cranberry splash. I usually love the high calorie martinis and cocktails.

Also, yesterday, cooked and planned meals for the week to ensure I stay within my calories and macros
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    08_GreenEyedMomma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My DH said he could see & feel my bicep muscles tonight. :) All my heavy lifting & sore muscles have not been for naught!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My husband said my legs felt stronger.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I have been losing as I have been very diligent about walking and food. A diabetes diagnosis does that.

I bought a dress to wear for a Sept. wedding. Gorgeous cut, favourite designer and just my colours. And on sale. I'm in a 14 now and all they had was a 10 left.

Surprise-I can get it on! It will look better by Sept. as I continue to shrink but I was amazed I could get it on (and actually wear it with shapewear if I had too)

Yay! Isn't this just great!!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Got my first lipid panel since diagnosis with diabetes. I switched to a low carb/moderate protein diet to control blood glucose. In 5 months:
    • A1c: from 7.2% to 5.7% (normal)
    • Cholesterol: from 231 mg/dl to 173 mg/dl (normal)
    • HDL from 46 mg/dl to an HDL of 55 mg/dl (normal)
    • LDL: from 151 mg/dl to an LDL of 99 mg/dl (normal)
    • Trig: from 171 mg/dl to Trig of 94 mg/dl (normal)

Yay!

(That particular dietary restrictions with a calorie goal, means I consume 60-80 grams of fat a day to satisfy my calorie needs. At least from an n=1 perspective, it answers any remaining questions I had about whether eating a high fat diet (with minimal carbs) is disastrous for cholesterol.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!