What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,316 Member
    Options
    Went to try out a gym because I really need to find something new to push me. My current routine has suited me for a long time and I have pushed myself quite hard, but I am gettign to the limits of what I can do on my own.
    Now I dislike gyms a lot and avoided going so far, but after a lot of soulsearching and local investigation I decided I should at least give it a go. This one is close to home, small and intimate, ladies only and was very inviting when I asked questions.
    I did a trial 60 minute total body workout class. Not only did I like it, I kept up with the whole class, was not out of breath but still felt I had had a great work out. The next day I could feel my muscles to the extend of well done, without being exessively sore. But what I really liked, being sef consious about it all, I wasn't the biggest in the room and I was doing better than quite of few of the regulars. I can so, so do this!

I decided that I'll be joining this gym after easter (just because I am away a lot between not and then) and will probably use it a lot

This is really excellent: I like that you got out of your comfort zone, to open-mindedly try something new that was a little bit intimidating beforehand. I see a lot of new MFP-ers in the forums who I wish could see this, for encouragement. Go, you!
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had no dress pants to wear to church today (all of them were either dirty and couldn't be washed until tomorrow because my husband majorly bleached our water system, were too big, too little, or I just bought them and they desperately need hemming first). As I'm digging around in my closet I decided to try on a pair of black dress slacks that I had tried on 3 weeks ago and they were EXTREMLY tight through the mid section and completely unwearable at that time. I tried them on and they fit! I wore them to church today and got many compliments.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,316 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    (Edited: Duplicate post due to technical hiccup. Sorry.)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I had to run some errands for my grandparents and they asked me to grab them McDonald's for lunch before stopping over. They requested my favorite past time meal, too. I'm pleased to say that I not only didn't order anything; I didn't even steal a french fry.

Not even one? That's some serious willpower there! :smile:
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat day and I didn't let it escalate into a cheat week! Yay!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My yoga teacher noticed and commented on my strength :) it was so nice to be noticed for all myhard work!
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Glad you're back.
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The pants that I bought a couple of months ago that were too tight for me to close the buttons on and even walk in almost needs a belt now :p
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One more, yesterday (Saturday) my family wanted to get some kebab rolls for dinner, they asked me if I wanted one before they left but I denied while cooking up some salmon with broccoli and brussel sprouts. When they came back they still brought me one, but I didn't eat it B)
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Had to buy a new belt today since I'm on the last hole of my old one! Also bought a pair of jeans and I'm now in 14s, instead of 16s and 18s!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Thanks. Fitness. And mind set go together, During. Uncontrolled stress., ,We lose it, Downward. Spiral , Jump up and walk then Run , We remember. Why the plan is in motion, ,,,,
  • tjcuts339
    Options

Thanks
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    tjcuts339 wrote: »
    Lost father.in mid February., Due to stressed. Out time I briefly.fell off the plan ,I'm back and it feels. Great again! !!!

My condolences. That is a very difficult time to be on plan. Cheers to you for feeling great and being back!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I rode my road bike for the first time in about 6 months; since a car crashed into me in September.
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I rode my road bike for the first time in about 6 months; since a car crashed into me in September.

Congratulations!
  • tjcuts339
    Options

A Great success!!! Enjoy restoration the prize!!! Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!