What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Hazel2005 wrote: »
    Out of the "morbidly obese" category into "obese". Im so excited to be "overweight", lol :)

Holy crap I just realized I'm out of the morbidly obese category and into the "severely obese" category! Yay! I know it doesn't sound good compared to some people but considering I started in a high 40s maybe even 50 It's great for me so far. I'll take that NSV any day.

Congrats to both of us lol!

Even small progress is progress! Great job!
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Being able to comfortably fit into my clothes again!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    We launched our boat for the season on Sunday, and I had to tighten the strap on my life vest several inches since last fall.

Today I ran 41 minutes, non stop. A month ago I was at 20 min and did not think I would make it, or WANT to make it, to 40 minutes. 40 was the goal I set after finishing C25K sooner than expected 2 weeks ago. Three months ago I could not run 1 minute and honestly did not think my 61 year old body would ever let me make it past 10 minutes. 2 years ago I could not WALK 1/4 mile without excruciating pain.[/quote. Wonderful!!
  • Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Kicked my own butt last night for a fitbit competition with coworkers. Starting C25K put me ahead, but I didn't get off that treadmill until I had a 3000 step lead! It felt amazing despite how tired I was afterward.

What is c25k? I've seen a lot of people refer to it.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Luluke7767 wrote: »
    Kicked my own butt last night for a fitbit competition with coworkers. Starting C25K put me ahead, but I didn't get off that treadmill until I had a 3000 step lead! It felt amazing despite how tired I was afterward.

It's a running training app. C25K stands for Couch to 5K. It's an 8 week program that gradually increases the running while decreasing the walking. I've completed it and am now running multiple 5Ks a week, this being when starting at the beginning the 1 minute run got me breathing hard. It's a great tool if you're interested in improving your cardio ability
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Luluke7767 wrote: »

Couch to 5K. It's a running program designed to take you from couch potato to running a 5K, or 30 minutes, in 8 weeks. (Or longer if you need to repeat a few weeks! :)) It's great for a beginner runner, and helps avoid burnout!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!