What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• kirsten8
    kirsten8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I treated myself to a trip to the community thrift store...started browsing in my usual aisle and realized EVERYTHING was too big! I am officially out of plus sizes!! Bought some size Large tops & sweaters (some really nice name-brand stuff, too, some with the tags still on them) and even got a Medium that's a little snug but will fit by spring. I picked up a few skirts that will have to be taken in at the waist. Came home & packed up all my oversized sweaters and winter tops for Goodwill. Woohoo!! Got dressed this morning for church and felt so pretty!

You know what I like best about this? The part where you *know* that Medium will fit by Spring! :)

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    NancyYale wrote: »
    I was feeling down today. Financial issues, other things, and I had stood in front of the mirror and taken stock of all the loose skin that losing 110 pounds on a 52 year old body has left me with. Then, as I was folding the laundry, I grabbed a pair of soft denim jeans that - for a moment - I couldn't tell if they were my 12 year old daughter's, or mine.

They were hers.

For fun, I slipped them on, and they fit like a glove.

I might have loose ugly skin, but I can slide it into a pair of size 10 jeans, and no one knows it's there but me. And that's what it comes down to. It's worth it.

Wonderful! I have not (yet) fit into my daughter's jeans but it is coming!!!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    casmithis wrote: »
    The guy in front of me said "Wow you look great for an old person!!".. Really, word for word!!! Yes, I did thank him!!

LOL - you gotta love the young folks. Remember when WE thought 50+ was old? Nice NSV, though. >:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!