Options

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    @Madwife2009 That's great, I'm so glad you found some things to be positive about! I hope that you get your health issues sorted out soon. *hugs*

Seconded!! That's just awesome :)

Aw, thank you :) I've been through the mill over the last three months but I am more determined than ever to shift the remaining weight. The consultant is certain that I will be sorted out, it's just a question of time and getting the medication right.

Today is the first day of my future; I have logged everything that I've eaten, been out for a 21-mile bike ride (despite the freezing cold/wind) and loved every second of it (would have been longer but the dark beat me today), refused profiteroles (my all time favourite) at dinner and I am feeling good.

So that's another three NSVs and I am really excited about starting at the gym tomorrow :)

@Madwife2009 With your mind set, you've already got your goals made, and will be seeing them before you know it. :) I love a positive attitude in someone as I really believe that's 75% of the battle.

You got this, you really do.
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    bele2009 wrote: »
    I used to take the elevator to get up a few flights of stairs. Today I was looking forward to hit the stairs to go 3 storey up. Did so without having to catch my breath. Surprising how much an extra 65 lbs to carry around was thought on the body!
    I do lots of stairs at work. Isn't that the best feeling? :)
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    I went to a Christmas party last night and skipped the made-to-order donuts and fresh apple pies.

You are....stronger than I :D
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I was able to execute 12 solid P/U's this AM. It took three sets of four each and I also did 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. Not to shabby considering all the crap my body is recovering from.
    Back when I first started, it was 1 or 2 minutes on the elliptical. 15 is not shabby at all.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    bele2009 wrote: »
    I used to take the elevator to get up a few flights of stairs. Today I was looking forward to hit the stairs to go 3 storey up. Did so without having to catch my breath. Surprising how much an extra 65 lbs to carry around was thought on the body!
    I do lots of stairs at work. Isn't that the best feeling? :)

I love the stairs at work...actually miss them on days off.

• Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    @Madwife2009 Best wishes for improved health! It sounds like your fan club is doing its job - kudos to your daughter for her positive vibes and kudos to you on recognizing your accomplishments! Enjoy the new gym!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

@Madwife2009 With your mind set, you've already got your goals made, and will be seeing them before you know it. :) I love a positive attitude in someone as I really believe that's 75% of the battle.

Aw, that's so nice of you. Comments like these really help as well :) They are that little boost that you just don't get anywhere else . . .

Lucy1771 wrote: »
    @Madwife2009 Best wishes for improved health! It sounds like your fan club is doing its job - kudos to your daughter for her positive vibes and kudos to you on recognizing your accomplishments! Enjoy the new gym!

Thank you, my children are amazing and the gym is great. All shiny and new. I was there at 7am for a very strange induction (I thought that we'd be at least shown how to use the machines but no, it was "here are the cardio, there are the functional, this is the studio" - very odd). Anyway, I then did an hour or so on the cardio machines (once I'd figured out how to use them) but bottled the weights as I am not totally sure what to do. I have to do some research and find some advice on where to start as I have to be a little bit careful, or so the physio says :)

Also went for a short walk and short cycle ride as I was really tired today, but I did something at least. Everything's logged, I'm within my calorie goal for today and not even considering reaching for the chocolate.

You are inspiring! :) *big hugs*
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Aw, that's so nice of you. Comments like these really help as well :) They are that little boost that you just don't get anywhere else . . .

Lucy1771 wrote: »

Thank you, my children are amazing and the gym is great. All shiny and new. I was there at 7am for a very strange induction (I thought that we'd be at least shown how to use the machines but no, it was "here are the cardio, there are the functional, this is the studio" - very odd). Anyway, I then did an hour or so on the cardio machines (once I'd figured out how to use them) but bottled the weights as I am not totally sure what to do. I have to do some research and find some advice on where to start as I have to be a little bit careful, or so the physio says :)

Also went for a short walk and short cycle ride as I was really tired today, but I did something at least. Everything's logged, I'm within my calorie goal for today and not even considering reaching for the chocolate.

The gym has an obligation to show you how to work the machines! But as they seem to be a bit lax .. check out bodyuilding.com they have great little vids on how to use most machines and free weights. Enjoy
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey on 2/21/16 it was in response to the agony of my daughter's heroin addiction and feeling trapped by the thought that while I wanted to eat something to make the pain go away....well, that was not the answer. On that day back then I set a few little benchmarks in my head. Numbers on the scale that seemed unattainable...wellll.. I reached the biggest one this weekend. Onward I go to the next! My NSV part of this is: while my daughter is still deep in addiction, I am emerging from the impact of that addiction....and she is alive and so am I .....in very good way I am alive.

what an amazing and positive way to approach what can only be described every parent's worst nightmare. I wish you well and hope your daughter will one day see what you have done and realise she can be as strong as you!
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    When I started this journey on 2/21/16 it was in response to the agony of my daughter's heroin addiction and feeling trapped by the thought that while I wanted to eat something to make the pain go away....well, that was not the answer. On that day back then I set a few little benchmarks in my head. Numbers on the scale that seemed unattainable...wellll.. I reached the biggest one this weekend. Onward I go to the next! My NSV part of this is: while my daughter is still deep in addiction, I am emerging from the impact of that addiction....and she is alive and so am I .....in very good way I am alive.

That is so powerful. Your daughter will see the example you're setting, one day. Thanks for sharing that.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,254 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I was able to execute 12 solid P/U's this AM. It took three sets of four each and I also did 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. Not to shabby considering all the crap my body is recovering from.
    Back when I first started, it was 1 or 2 minutes on the elliptical. 15 is not shabby at all.

Thank you.

It's just a wee bit upsetting, six months ago I was doing 30 minutes along with a hardcore work out. Baby steps, right. ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!