Super awesome cardio that ISN'T jogging....

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    I actually do like running but I'm out with an injury at the moment so I am using the elliptical and the ski-machine-thing (what is it called?!?) at my gym until I heal enough to pound the pavements again. I was quite surprised to find that I do actually enjoy both of these things, whereas I hate running on a treadmill. Weird.
    I also like Pop Pilates videos on YouTube - the trainer mixes up cardio with pilates moves. It burns...it BURNS SO GOOD!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Tennis! I call it "accidental fitness". So busy chasing that ball around that I don't even think about how hard I am working.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Hiking, heavy bag or I just lift weights faster

Basically this.

I do spinning if I have a movie I want to watch.

Step aerobics is something I am passionate about. I'd like to teach my own class someday or have a youtube channel.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    My HIIT includes sprints but also kettlebell swings, kettlebell snatch, 25 lb ball slams, carry 25 lb ball overhead lunges, goblet squats, and stadiums.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    i'm surprised no one said swimming yet.

Swimming isn't available for everybody, but I wish it was! I love it when I can!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    jump rope
    stair master
    dancing
    zumba
    sprints
    boxing
    barbell complexes
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Tried running, didn't like it either.

I waste a perfectly good 4 hour walk trying to smash a little white ball into a hole 18 times - on a regular basis!!!
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    My cardio includes some running but only to stay in enough shape for obstacle races once in a while. Otherwise, I like circuit training, biking, walking, and hiking. When I used to have a gym membership, I loved the rowing machine as well.
  • joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    Focus T-25. Easy cardio to do 25 minutes a day.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Walking, swimming, sex, bar complexes, sledgehammer
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Tennis
    Racquetball
    Mountain biking
    Hiking
    Skiing
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    -Dancing - Zumba, BodyJam, latin ballroon, swing....or just free-stylin' it in my living room with the kids
    -Eliptical
    - I used to LOVE riding my bike all over when I was younger. Not only was it a way to get around without asking my parents to take me somewhere, but I loved the wind in my face, the freedom. One day I hope I can get back into it

I have a lot of friends/family members that are runners. Most of them started it not to lose weight, but because.....not sure. I just don't get it.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    So for all the non runners...please list the cardio you LOVE to do!

This...

13698869425_cff1cc7175.jpg

This...

12959968813_bf185d64c9.jpg

This...

12437903564_13cb628ff8.jpg

This...

11956585335_2cf4dc6d67.jpg

And above all, this...

9661540024_86699ef979.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Cycling...always cycling.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    ROWING!!!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    sex - when done right, that is.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    I like running. :smile: And am not trying to lose weight, except maybe a couple of pounds, to help me run faster.

But otherwise, cycling and hiking are also good. Basically anything you can do outside.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    STAIR STEPPER!

But I guarantee you, you'll hate it a thousand times more than you ever hated jogging. It's hell. Sheer, torturous HELL. But it makes the legs nice. :wink:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    taekwondo
    dancing
  • i'm surprised no one said swimming yet.

Swimming is awesome if you can do it outside. But I find swimming laps in an indoor pool can get pretty boring after awhile. Eventually it becomes sort of like running on a treadmill except you're drowning too.

IMHO any cardio that can be done outside is pretty enjoyable. Perhaps try finding some nicer places to exercise, like parks?

HA HA..I literally laughed out loud at the drowning comment..

I actually enjoy running.
    Biking.
    Hiking.
    Rock Climbing.