food you ate and regretted after

Options

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    The chicken sandwich from Wendy's last year. 3 weeks of what felt like death.. Salmonella poisoning.

Other than that, I don't regret much..
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    And now, the end is here
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, I'll say it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and ev'ry highway
    And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
    I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
    And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I ate it up and spit it out
    I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
    I've had my fill, my share of losing
    And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
    To think I did all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way,
    "Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way"

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
    The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!

[instrumental]

Yes, it was my way

I don't normally regret the food I have eaten, unless of course the place I brought it from doesn't cook it properly and gives me food poisioning, and then I regret that first sit down on the cold porcelain :grumble:

:laugh:

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    4b4.jpg

Same. Life is too short to beat myself up over a piece of cake or whatever. I can't run from food for the rest of my life, so I'd best learn to have a healthy relationship with it.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I had lunch plans with my husband and our mutual coworker turned friend at Russo's NY Pizzaria yesterday.

Last time I had some salad but yesterday I had a Chicken Portobello Pizzatta.

I only ate half (because omg portion sizes in America!!) but my stomach was unsettled the rest of the day.

I brought back the other half for lunch today but I just don't think it's worth it.

Salad was yum though.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Nufin..well, as others have stated things that have resulted in food poisoning.

...oh! Carrots I put in the freezer and then thawed. Yuck!

Arctic Zero cardboard ice cream

Okra from a can...like where does that stuff grow? Feels like from a native snot plant
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    As others have said, I usually only regret food if it is not "worth" the calories, taste-wise.

However, I should add that every now and then, I will order a Chicago-style deep dish pizza with jalapenos and green peppers (BY MYSELF) and will eat one piece for dinner for the next week. The first few days are glorious, but by the end of the week, I am like, "why do I keep doing this."
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hot wings. I don't regret them immediately after eating because they are delicious. I regret them about 12 hours later during the 'after burn'.
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    Those shirataki noodles. It was like a big plate of worms. :sick:

That's what I've heard from multiple people! I want to try them, but haven't got up the nerve yet.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Logan's Roadhouse tea. I gave up nearly 400 calories for that thing, and is was so not worth it. Of I didn't find that out until after I drank it, and I was in a bad mood the rest of the night.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. "roast them with olive oil and garlic" they said. "They're delicious" they said. "They don't taste anything like the brussels sprouts your grandma made you eat as a kid" they said.

LIES. HORRIBLE LIES! They taste just like they look - little green buttholes.

I shivered when my imagination made me wonder just what was wrong with every butt hole you've ever seen.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. "roast them with olive oil and garlic" they said. "They're delicious" they said. "They don't taste anything like the brussels sprouts your grandma made you eat as a kid" they said.

I shivered when my imagination made me wonder just what was wrong with every butt hole you've ever seen.

Nothing's wrong with the normal ones. It's the green ones that are gross.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    typically things from resturants...very few resturants cook as good as I do...(I know I know no modesty here)

But really if I can make it better at home and order it in a resturant...and it's eh...I regret spending the money and the extra calories.

I definitely agree with this. For this reason, I rarely go out to Italian restaurants or breakfast/brunch spots. I am not even a wonderful cook but it seems like most things I'd order in either of those places are super easy to recreate myself.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

Well stop looking at frog's *sses.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    typically things from resturants...very few resturants cook as good as I do...(I know I know no modesty here)

But really if I can make it better at home and order it in a resturant...and it's eh...I regret spending the money and the extra calories.

This. I don't really regret eating something unless it's sorely disappointing in taste, especially if I could make it 10 times tastier and half the calories at home. I think 'where are they getting all these non-yummy calories from?!?!'
  • sjohnny
    Options

Well stop looking at frog's *sses.

I thought this place was supposed to be for support! :mad:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Hot wings. I don't regret them immediately after eating because they are delicious. I regret them about 12 hours later during the 'after burn'.

Bahahahaha! But they taste so good! My husband and I often debate on whether or not they're worth the after burn...
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Usually anything that comes through a drive thru window, especially Taco Bell...youch my body yells at me for that.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Bahahahaha! But they taste so good! My husband and I often debate on whether or not they're worth the after burn...

That just means you need to eat more of them to build up callouses on your culo.
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    i ate three slices of pizza

fit my macros, no regrets
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat Peanut Butter... by the spoonful.

though it tastes so good!