food you ate and regretted after

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hot wings. I don't regret them immediately after eating because they are delicious. I regret them about 12 hours later during the 'after burn'.

Bahahahaha! But they taste so good! My husband and I often debate on whether or not they're worth the after burn...

That just means you need to eat more of them to build up callouses on your culo.

I nearly spit coffee all over my screen.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. "roast them with olive oil and garlic" they said. "They're delicious" they said. "They don't taste anything like the brussels sprouts your grandma made you eat as a kid" they said.

LIES. HORRIBLE LIES! They taste just like they look - little green buttholes.

I shivered when my imagination made me wonder just what was wrong with every butt hole you've ever seen.

Nothing's wrong with the normal ones. It's the green ones that are gross.

:laugh:

Well stop looking at frog's *sses.

I thought this place was supposed to be for support! :mad:
    You know what? You're right. My apologies. I sometimes forget that and the fact that we're all here for the same thing.
    :flowerforyou:

images_zpsaa4c079b.jpg
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    4b4.jpg

I love each bite I put in my mouth. And yes, I think carefully before doing it! :) Making sure I do want it :)
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hot wings. I don't regret them immediately after eating because they are delicious. I regret them about 12 hours later during the 'after burn'.

Bahahahaha! But they taste so good! My husband and I often debate on whether or not they're worth the after burn...

That just means you need to eat more of them to build up callouses on your culo.

:noway:

You sir, seem to have a preoccupation.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. "roast them with olive oil and garlic" they said. "They're delicious" they said. "They don't taste anything like the brussels sprouts your grandma made you eat as a kid" they said.

LIES. HORRIBLE LIES! They taste just like they look - little green buttholes.

I shivered when my imagination made me wonder just what was wrong with every butt hole you've ever seen.

Nothing's wrong with the normal ones. It's the green ones that are gross.

Well stop looking at frog's *sses.

I thought this place was supposed to be for support! :mad:
    You know what? You're right. My apologies. I sometimes forget that and the fact that we're all here for the same thing.
    :flowerforyou:

images_zpsaa4c079b.jpg

Apology accepted.

And thank you.
  • sjohnny
    Options

:noway:

You sir, seem to have a preoccupation.

It's not me. It's the rest of the world that keeps throwing them in my face in various forms.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Ugh, Chinese Food from the corner take out in New York. Look, it's nothing new anymore. All the chinese food tastes the same, it's all pre packaged now and the only good chinese food is from ONE place that makes the best Mongolian Beef I've ever had. (King Wah on Fresh Pond Road in Ridgewood, Queens - What-what!?)

Otherwise I try not to get it. But when I do, I'm always dissatisfied.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's rarely the FIRST portion of anything that I regret - It's the going back for seconds when it's not one of my better choices. Like last nights Long John SIlver's Fish - One piece - YAY delicious - Piece #2 - ehhh too much grease for my system now that I"m not used to it! Yep - regret that.....
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chip Frappe from McDonalds. Felt horrible after drinking it. But it was soooo yummy
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    nutella... everyone raves. I was just sad.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

You can send your unused jar to me :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

You can send your unused jar to me :)

I wish I could. I threw it away.... I know- thousands cried everywhere for the loss- but I was moving- didn't have time. was a nice glass jar- came from Germany- which apparently tastes a little different than the stuff we have here.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I always regret eating a piece of decorated cake. It just doesn't taste special and is never worth the calories. Passed up a piece last night and plan to continue to do so from now on.
  • stephaniebeaudin5
    Options
    oh well we all cheat here and there all you really have to do is be willing to not make it a habbit. IF you consume 3500 calories more than yout standard allowance you gain weight and visa versa but its about how disciplined are you. MY gulity pleasure is a nicr cold beer after work and then I set my alarm and say " gotta wake up and workout since you chose to drink the beer" just by telling myself this ahead of time let's me prepare mentally and basically force myslef and thid way I enjoyed my beer but by paying for it
    Later it will allow me to think if it was really worth it. Don't go overboard, rememebr yout always in control, and don't make it a habbit. Oh and a great way to be held accountable is a penny jar. Everytime you cheat it's a penny in the jar. Hope this helps
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Did the same thing yesterday. The hospital where I work had a spring BBQ. food from Fuddruckers, I had a grilled chicken sandwich (560 cals.) with small spicy french fries(366 cals). Everything was so good, but I only could have chicken salad for dinner, and no snacks.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    oh well we all cheat here and there all you really have to do is be willing to not make it a habbit. IF you consume 3500 calories more than yout standard allowance you gain weight and visa versa but its about how disciplined are you. MY gulity pleasure is a nicr cold beer after work and then I set my alarm and say " gotta wake up and workout since you chose to drink the beer" just by telling myself this ahead of time let's me prepare mentally and basically force myslef and thid way I enjoyed my beer but by paying for it
    Later it will allow me to think if it was really worth it. Don't go overboard, rememebr yout always in control, and don't make it a habbit. Oh and a great way to be held accountable is a penny jar. Everytime you cheat it's a penny in the jar. Hope this helps

LOL
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Every single time I can bake a cake and feel the compulsion to do so, followed by eating ALL of it over the course of 1 day.
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The chicken burrito with Guac I had yesterday - 900 plus calories and major gut ache afterwards. The only "plus" was that I was still under calories after eating it, and was sick/full for the rest of the day so did not eat anything else (hence the "" - not necessarily a real plus!).

I love Mexican food, but I regret that choice. It simply was not worth it!
  • ddino
    ddino Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The chinese buffet I had today at lunch. I can't even begin to add up the calories so I'll guess it was at least 1,000. I'm overfull, bloated, and it wasn't even THAT good!

I'll probably get flamed for this, but sometimes I truly wish I were able to make myself vomit when I do something like this. Fortunately, it's rare.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to BGR (The Burger Joint). I hadn't eaten any breakfast, other than coffee, because I had a dentist appointment in the morning. I went to BGR in the afternoon and took my burger and fries to go. I went home and after eating my burger I immediately regretted it. The calories were exorbitant: 576 for my burger and over 450 calories for the fries (not much fries). I went for a walk to help add more calories left for dinner (lentil soup and one boneless/skinless chicken drum).

The one thing that makes me "fall off the wagon" in regards to dieting is the fact that I end up eating foods that I regret immediately afterwards. So, instead of doing better, I would normally just give up. I try not to do this, but having no regrets means having to plan ahead.

What food(s) have you eaten that has caused you anxiety/regret after entering in the calories?

There is no wagon. There is only you. Calories don't scare me. Screw them. Just have a better day tomorrow.

As far as foods that I regret, sushi comes to mind. Everyone talks about how yummy it is, but it made me gag.