Options
    i ate three slices of pizza

fit my macros, no regrets

OT! :angry:

(actually just jealous:laugh:)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Not any specific place, but any crappy food.

If I go out to my favorite pizza place and blow an extra 600 calories i'm annoyed I used that much but I deal with it...because the pizza is amazing (for West Coast Pizza) and I enjoyed every bite.

Take that same 600 calories and blow it on Crap in a Sack (Jack in the Box) and I'm full of regret because it wasn't that great and I could have spent the cash to MAKE the same food at home and it would have been 200X better and less calories/sodium.

So, I guess as long as it was GOOD I don't regret it that much...
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I still remember this even though it was last summer...but a plate of shrimp tacos from Chili's. I make similar spicy shrimp tacos at home for around 500-600 calories for the entire huge meal, and it wouldn't even be that high if I kept it to one flour tortilla instead of 2-3. So I ordered that and ate just one of the 3 tortillas...still like 940 calories I think...something crazy like that, and it wasn't even as good as my homemade tacos.

Also a slice of frozen Dutch apple pie my mom served at dinner one time - 400 calories or so, and it was not even that good! I could have had so many yummier things...ice cream, macarons, even a maple bar from the donut shop. WHY did I eat that!? I'll tell you why, because I assumed it was around like 275-300 calories and wanted to be nice. I learned my lesson there.

Yeah, I always wondered what the heck restaurants do to food to make the calories go up like that!
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wine. I don't even enter the calories because I don't need to know that after a couple glasses, I'm over. It's too damn good.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    4b4.jpg

Haha this, usually.

I only regret eating things that didn't taste good. Like if I got all excited about eating a piece of cake, and it was dry or otherwise awful, and eat it anyway to be polite. I'd regret that.

UGH that is seriously the worst!! Happened to me before at a wedding. They had cupcakes and they looked huge and ridiculously delicious, but turned out being dry and lacking on frosting :cry: I spent a large portion of my night at the bar sulking and contemplating the "what if's" after that.

Man - this is the truth. Eating something that SHOULD taste good and worth the calories and then you eat it and it's NOT good... like breadsticks. Some are wonderful and delicious. Others, taste like cardboard. And unfortunately, the appearance is not often a good indicator. Seriously - how do you screw up a breadstick? Well... there are some places that really have a talent for it. And then I eat it and a little piece of me cries "WHY OH WHY DID I JUST WASTE MY CALORIES ON THAT?!"
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday, my husband asked me to bring him a Big Mac home for lunch. I thought to myself, "I haven't had one of these in ages. I'll get one for myself, too." Definitely regret that.

To be clear though, it's not simply the amount of calories I used up on it. It's just that it wasn't as good as I remember them being. If I'm going to eat that many calories in one sitting, it needs to be GOOD!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Fat free cheese and fat free ranch dressing ewwww! Some things were just meant to have fat!
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chinese food. Where I live I don't have a decent Chinese restaurant, but we go to the halfway good one and regret the minute we get home and are fighting over the two bathrooms in the house.
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    anything i eat at mcdonalds i regret. why is that? I can eat wendys burgers and frys.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I only regret eating things that make my insides angry. Or things that don't taste as good as I think they should have.
  • djslickrix
    djslickrix Posts: 35
    Options
    The problem for me is I have a cheat day once a week and on the day after the cheat day I have some left over pizza which I have to finish, and that makes me regret it.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a 10 inch pepperoni pizza and a 200g bar of dairy milk last night. REGRET!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Kale....

lbcc1.gif

I can stomach almost anything and actually like most things...but that's some ****ing regret right there...

Irrelevant. The title of the thread is "food you ate". Kale is not food. It is a garnish.

I thought it was a bag of chips.

cheesy_kale.jpg
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I didn't check the milk on my cereal this morning, and it turned out it was sour. I really regret that. Especially since I had to throw a perfectly good cereal out, because it was covered in sour milk. And it was the last of my cereal! I never regret high calorie meals though. Unless they make me sick or I don't enjoy them. Life is no fun if you spend it regretting food.

23199827.png
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have never regretted a good meal/treat. I would/do regret calorie dense food that was mediocre or bad that I ate anyway for some reason.

I can fit just about anything into my calories/macros for the week, so no guilt!
  • tjw00
    tjw00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pint of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food yesterday right after a long run. Not a good feeling.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    potato chips... i always end up eating the whole damn bag. gotta keep away from that stuff, honestly it remains the one food i cannot control myself around
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The night before my wisdom teeth surgery hubby & I splurged and ordered pizza, boneless wings, and cheesy garlic bread. Now, the wings & cheesy bread were AWESOME. But the pizza sucked. The herbs used in the sauce were dried and musty, giving the whole thing the flavour of the inside of a cupboard. So I regretted that, and it kind of made me regret all the calories AND the $30 we dropped on that night. We could have gone out to a restaurant!

So, no more Domino's for me, I've definitely learned my lesson.
  • JRV84
    JRV84 Posts: 6
    Options
    Lobster Mac & Cheese - I couldn't resist!
  • smc0170
    smc0170 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    potato chips... i always end up eating the whole damn bag. gotta keep away from that stuff, honestly it remains the one food i cannot control myself around

I hear that...I have to stop buying them. Every time I get them I scarf way more than I should.