Xmas 20lb Challenge!

Options

Replies

• ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    well done everyone what a fab start to WI's :)
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Well! What a fantastic first week for many people! I am busy compiling a list to post late Monday so everyone taking part can share in eachothers success! I'm going to calculate our TOTAL GROUP WEIGHT LOSS and try and find some sort of item that weighs the same to illustrate. Yes. I am that strange. :)

Keep your losses coming!! So far our highest loss is 5.5 lbs! That is phenomenal! But dont forget folks, you only need to lose 2lb a week, which is SUPER realistic, in order to reach our goal of 20LBS BY XMAAAASSSSSSSS!!!

I am touched by the amount of thank you's I am recieving for setting up this challenge. I am proud to be a motivating factor in so many people wanting to improve their lives! Although its not always going to be easy, I feel blessed that I can chat on this thread, or with my fellow challengers who offer so much motivation and support! I hope each of you take advantage of the vast amount of support on offer via this thread and on MFP as a whole!

Thanks for sharing this journey with me! Now, lets hear some more great results :D

(Please state your actual weight lost in email/thread and not your actual weight! Thanks guys!)
  • Ms1Diva
    Ms1Diva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • freightdiva
    freightdiva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Need this badly ..how is it done?
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    Count me in! Need this badly ..how is it done?

Hi Ladies!

All you need to do is

1)Share and gain support and motivation from fellow challengers.

2)Send me your weight loss over the weekend via inbox, or post within the thread, and I can add you to the LIST OF SUCCESS (the first to be published Monday!)

3) GET SLIM! BE HAPPY!! :)

Most of us are just getting ready to finish week one, but anyone can join anytime!

Feel free to add me :)
  • helenhelen
    Options
    Hey guys

Well done to everyone on your weight losses.

Ive just weighed myself but unsure whether to count my loss due to me being ill this week - I have lost 7lbs and on a normal week i would be very chuffed with this, however I had a horrid tummy bug causing me to be sick so i know i could easily put some of this back on this week.

What do you all think???
    xxx
  • ley1
    Options
    i had the same thing a few weeks back was sick for a full 24hours and couldnt eat for more - i registered a 5lb loss that week the following week i was up 2lbs so i'd lost a true 3lbs that week but an extra 2 with the sickness.

if i was in the same position again i'd only log a 2lb loss becasue thats my average weightloss per week then take a clear reading the week after.

what you dont want to do is to log a 7lb loss for your true loss only to be 3lbs then come next week register a gain..

hope that makes sense?

are you feeling any better?
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Hiya, not had a good week diet wise, bit up and down but I have lost 2.5lbs this week, yay!!
  • friedenscandy
    Options
    Good losses so far this week. I've been really watching my diet and trying to at least force myself to walk to my mailbox (which is half a mile) each day if I don't do any other exercise. So far it has worked.

Week 1 in the Christmas challege is 5.2 pounds for me!!!
  • ley1
    Options
    so come on all whats on the menu for tonight then?

We're having Curry topped Salmon fillets with baked new potatoes and salad - i can smell it cooking and it smells lush !
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    4 pounds lost this week. Buh bye!
  • kelly1301
    Options
    Can i join start weight today is 231lb so by xmas i want to be 221lb x
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    this week I know its a bit late - weigh in lost 1lb - Not on target but been ill so Im made up that I lost that small - - hmmmm week 2 and Im already playing catch up !! lol x
  • sarahek
    Options
    I lost 1 pound this week, not the 2lbs i wanted but thats okay i'll workout harder at the gym next week!
    well done everyone
  • kelspa
    kelspa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.8 pounds this week. 17.2 pounds to go. Good Luck everyone!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good job on the losses, I weigh-in in the morning, will report then!
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    195 lbs. That is 2 lbs lost. Had a setback in the middle of the week with lots of eating out at parties but played catch up and got the water weight etc. back off.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nothing lost this week - although thankfully nothing gained! Stuck on a plateu at the moment - so frustrating!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join....missed the first weigh-in but can't wait til this week's...hopefully I'll be able to reach that 20 lb mark well before Christmas but if not, I'm glad there's a bunch of us in the same boat.