100 mile challenge

Options
Starting the 25th of october i challenge myself and anyone that wants to get involved to run,walk, or bike their way to 100 miles before the 25th of November (thanksgiving). I have 2 others at work that is willing to do it with me. My goal is to do no more than 60 miles on a bike and the rest by way of running. Who's in? We can stop back and post weekly on our miles.

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay this seems like is daunting but I am going to do my best to complete it. Thanks for the challenge! :smile:
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    awesome then. It shouldnt be that bad. Just a few miles a day. Anyone can knock out a bunch of miles on a bike if they fall behind. Good luck and thanks for joining.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. This might just be what I need to challenge myself. Right now all I seem to be doing is 1.5 miles a day. But that is more than I did before.
  • xxquzme
    Options
    awesome attitude. Lets make this happen. 3.1 miles per day. Basically a 5K. good luck
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm in although I only think in kilometers! 100 miles = 161 km so that will be my goal!! I run but since doing my 1/2 marathon a few weeks ago, I haven't had a lot of motivation to get back to it so this will be perfect.
    Kim
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I'm in although I only think in kilometers! 100 miles = 161 km so that will be my goal!! I run but since doing my 1/2 marathon a few weeks ago, I haven't had a lot of motivation to get back to it so this will be perfect.
    Kim

Glad to see you here KD!~
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Kim

Thanks Amanda...it's been a while with a whole lot of maintenance but now need to get back to it!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Kim

Thanks Amanda...it's been a while with a whole lot of maintenance but now need to get back to it!!

At least you maintained I gained! :noway:
  • xxquzme
    Options
    Welcome all. It should be a fun time. Good luck and lets try to meet back here and encourage each other throughout the month.
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ohh yeah something I'm not too late to join! I'll do it! ( ;
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Ohh yeah something I'm not too late to join! I'll do it! ( ;

Welcome aboard! :flowerforyou:
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Wow, only two days left until the challenge begins!! What's everyone going to do on their first day? I was planning on a rest day for Monday but may try to fit in a few km's!!
    Kim
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Does the treadmill count or is this all open country type of thing?
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am in...

Will my treadmill miles works??
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am under the impression that the treadmill is fine. I think it is however we want to do it. I am planning on adding my elliptical miles on it so I am hoping that is okay! :smile:
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm in! This is just what I needed...realistic but challenging. I am running a 5k on Nov. 6th and this will keep me going instead of "resting" in the days after that. =)
  • xxquzme
    Options
    anything will work for activity. treadmill will be just fine. there's no science here just trying to move that body of ours 100 miles this month. Good luck to all. It starts tomorrow. Yeah.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    A month until Thanksgiving, a month to do 100 miles, lets get going!
  • Cher217
    Cher217 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OK. Im new to this whole thing. But I will definetly try this one.
  • DoDo_78
    DoDo_78 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm in:smile:
    5 miles done today :yawn:
    I'm new here in MFP so i will appreciate any friend request :flowerforyou: