100 mile challenge

Options

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Just found this would love to join in! Only 2 miles so far! Gotta catch up :) Thanks for the motivation- I like that it can be miles any way we choose!!!!
  • Junerenee
    Junerenee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5 miles done yesterday: 3 miles walking and 2 on a bike.
    on my way to walk another 5 now!

are we counting the miles and miles we walk at work? i can't find an accurate pedometer.

95 to go!!
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    10/25/10 - 6 miles
    10/26/10 - 3 miles
    10/27/10 - 5 miles
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!! 8pm and I'm trying to get my children to fall asleep so that I can get some miles in!!! It's great motivation coming on here and seeing how hard everyone is working as my normal rule is that I don't exercise after 8pm but that rule needs to change for this challenge or I'll never get it all done!!!
  • Junerenee
    Junerenee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles today.

92.5 to go.

the sun sets way too early this time of year!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everybody, today was crazy busy but managed to squeeze in 1 1/2 miles on the threadmill. Total 8.5 miles, need to make up for it tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • klkelley
    Options
    10/28/10 - 3 miles
  • DoDo_78
    DoDo_78 Posts: 34
    Options
    5 miles done today so my total = 20 miles:bigsmile:
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    I know i am a few days late, but I already have 4.5 miles in this week, Wed was my "rest" day and fri, sat, sun are my double days(treadmill & elliptical) so I think I can catch up =]
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've been talking about training for a 1/2 marathon after the first of the year, guess now is a good time to start!

Count me in. I only have 2.5 miles so far this week. I'll catch up!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Three miles on the elliptical this morning, had to push myself at first to get going, but I eventually got in the groove!

That's pretty good!

Did a 5.5 mile hike this afternoon. That brings me to 17 miles for the week. I can see myself getting behind schedule.
  • Cher217
    Cher217 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OK. Im only at 6 miles for the week. I have alot of catching up to do. Its been a rough week!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    OK. Im only at 6 miles for the week. I have alot of catching up to do. Its been a rough week!

Don't worry...I'm at the same but we still have a few days left of this week...we can add on a few extra km's for next week which means that we'll be burning lots of calories!!!
  • klkelley
    Options
    10/29/19 - 3 miles
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    WTG all and thanks for the encouragement!

Just finished doing over 6.5 miles, 2.64 on the treadmill and 4.05 on the bike. So I'm up to 23.75 miles for the week. Maybe there's hope.
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    I added 5.5 miles, 2 from the elliptical and 3.5 from cycling, so my total is 10 so far, hitting the gym again tonight and sat & sun!
  • DoDo_78
    DoDo_78 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello everyone, nice to see you all going in the challenge, i done 5 miles today so my total will be 25 miles:wink:
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    wow...everyone's doing so good..

i haven't done any workout since the 25th so i have no miles so far :(

but i'm still determined to do 100 miles by 11/25...will be at the gym tonight for sure!!
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    nadine2unfit2bqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in although I only think in kilometers! 100 miles = 161 km so that will be my goal!! I run but since doing my 1/2 marathon a few weeks ago, I haven't had a lot of motivation to get back to it so this will be perfect.
    Kim

Glad to see you here KD!~

Thanks Amanda...it's been a while with a whole lot of maintenance but now need to get back to it!!

At least you maintained I gained! :noway:

Where did you run your 1/2? I just did my first in Victoria (BC, Canada) and didn't run for a week after. I've been back on the road for two weeks now and still hurting, but have signed up for 3 more 1/2's next spring-summer. As long as my body holds together (i've been having back/hip/leg problems) I am going to go for the full Victoria Marathon next October. Physio is my newest money eater :)

I've just started a training program, but with the event seemingly so far away (March) and the weather turning foul its tempting to slack off. This would be great to help me kick start and stick with the program, literally!

I opperate in km so I see 161 the goal... Since Oct 25th I have done 26km.
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    so i finally went to the gym & managed 5.45 miles :)

didn't know i could about 5 miles a day...now the goal doesn't seem unattainable!!