gjdvdj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had you always been overweight?
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Congrats, sir :)

My question:

Going from photo 2 to photo 3 (both @195) what has been your training/lifting routine?
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight, I have about 20 to 30 more pounds to go, my bodyfat is still above 30% ... I just committed to doing P90X with a friend (I'm on day 6). I was tossing around the idea of heavy lifting (especially 5 x 5) before and now after reading some of your comments I am wondering if I am wasting my time with P90X and should have started lifting instead? Do you think it's possible to do both without overtraining?

What contributed most to your weight loss?
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm familiar with your lifting routine. I did starting strength and then some texas method after about 6 months of SS. How do you stay motivated with your lifting when you hit that inevitable plateau and the weight starts to get up there? I know weight is relative, but it became really hard to psyche myself up to get under the bar for 315lb ATG squats. I eventually went back to just running since I love it and ultrarunning and powerlifting work at cross purposes. I was very happy with the huge gainz, but I couldn't really hang when they stopped coming and I had to find a reason to keep hitting it. I'm really just asking out of curiosity since I obviously didn't last long in the iron game until I got a bit burned out. Great work! You should be very proud!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    really great job man - you should be damn proud
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Gonna hang around for the Q & A's
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Great job getting fit and healthy! I imagine your self esteem has taken on a life of it's own, good job being there for yourself!:drinker:
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    Congrats on your transformation!!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing! Thank you for the great advice. Congrats on your transformation!

Most of my questions are getting answered already on this thread, but I will continue to thread stalk and will ask something if a question doesn't come up that I might have.

:flowerforyou:
  • jriber1264
    jriber1264 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How did you keep your motivation up through this? I'm down 63 pounds in 6 months. People say i'm looking great but with a starting weight of 310 I still see myself as still just being fat and feel like this is never ending....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Looking good man :)
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :) I don't have any questions myself, but, I've enjoyed reading the ones your answered and feel a bit motivated by the whole story. Thanks :)
  • rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Myfitnesspal of course. It wasn't until I began tracking my intake that my success really started to take off
    2. Understanding that "eating clean" is meaningless and that in order to have true life long success I had to eat foods I enjoyed (ice cream, cookies, etc) on a regular basis but in moderation

#1 rings so true for me - it's been just over a month since I started truly tracking every single thing I eat and drink, and it's amazing to see the results of just being aware and making decisions based on that!

#2 is a bit of a revelation to me, because I've been avoiding "treat" type foods, since I've had trouble in the past with going from a tiny bit of a treat to the entire box/carton of whatever it is. Moderation is key, and something that I'm going to learn going forward!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Hard work pays off.
  • geraint125
    geraint125 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are a total inspiration. Thanks for posting and for the tips. Keep up the good work
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation - Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success!
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump to read more inspirational answers
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    tagging to read
  • Geoj0
    Geoj0 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do an AMA so I thought I'd set one up here. The basics about my story are that I went from 315lbs to 195 and have been making small gains in muscles/losses to fat ever since. Ask me anything, anything at all!
    fat+skinny+fit.jpg

Add me as a friend on here too!

HELP? :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!