"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    thumb_600.jpg?1291571962

So I had to Google "Banoffee" to see if it was your own personal reference to "Banana + Toffee" or a regular thing one might expect to have in London or the UK generally.

Wikipedia says: "Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee from boiled condensed milk (or dulce de leche), either on a pastry base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both."

I am not a huge sweets eater, but OMG, that sounds pretty freaking awesome! :love:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Haagen Dazs Cappucino Gelato (101g) topped with ReddiWhip Original Whipped Cream (16g) and drizzled with Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup (1tsp); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.2oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 2: Little Debbie Cinnamon Streusel Cake (1); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.4oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 3: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Soft Baked Cookies (2); McDonald's Strawberry & Cream Pie (1)

Day 4: Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino (Bottled, 9.5oz); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.10 oz) with (2) Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies; King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

did you make sure to put frosting on the sweet rolls so you could label them cupcakes :D?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember that. And no. Hell No. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Some amount of freshly made strawberry ice cream at the Charlotte Fair. Probably the best strawberry ice cream I've ever had; got to watch it being churned and scrapped out, which always makes things taste better. Super creamy, not too sweet, nice pieces of strawberry. nomnom
    Daty 2: Strawberry cheesecake, 3 oreo cookies, and a dark chocolate square filled with sea salt caramel.
    Day 3: 7 oreo cookies and milk.
    Day 4: A peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen
    Day 5: 4 oreo cookies and two rice krispie treats.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 30 grams of Bottlecaps (pressed sugar candies that taste like soda flavors), 12 ounces of Orange Leaf froyo and toppings.
    Day 2 - 2 chocolate covered graham crackers, 1 Cadbury creme egg
    Day 3 - Chocolate cupcake, 8 SweetTarts, marshmallow egg, Twix egg
    Day 4 - Raspberry licorice bar,1/3 of Ophelia banana chocolate bar ( mentioned by other posters), 40 grams spiced gumdrops. Have to say my redvie of the Ophelia bar is not as glowing. When I bought it I expected it to be a liquid center, like a Caramello bar, so the solid disappointed me.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm very behind and just spent 30 minutes catching up on 6 pages of yumminess. Day too many of eating the Banana Split ice cream. I swear that ish is reproducing in my freezer at night. I'm going dessert shopping tomorrow regardless.

Acrylics** I'm glad you're doing ok, and we all do worry and wish you a speedy recovery. Plus more narcotics overshares. :flowerforyou:
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Day 1: didn't have much to work with but I came up with this. Good ol' Ice cream sandwich stuffed with a Special K protein bar and chocolate fiber one
    Day 2: Chocolate Lucky Charms Treat (chocolate lucky charms, butter and marshmallows)
    Day 3: Banana Split
    Day 3: Banana Split
    8FEE9616-24F9-49E7-B9CF-CEF7B9015020_zpskxugedp9.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh teacher appreciation week-- I remember it well. :embarassed:

The trick is to only eat the really good stuff and not be guilted into a bunch of Walmart sugar cookies and other things not worth their calories.

MrM I'm also super picky about chocolate chip-- have you tried Acg's perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe (I mean, I don't think he wrote it but he posted it)? It's pretty awesome, although a lot of work.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/the-food-lab-best-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html

And thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. :heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day1: 1 Big snicker.
    Day2: 2xHomemade Galaktoboureko + 1xIcecream.
    Day3: Homemade protein ice cream with frozen mix berries.
    Day4: 2xShredding Wheat'n Bran + 1xFatFreeMilk + 2xPB and 1xChocolate Syrup.
    Day5: 1xHomemade Galaktoboureko + 1xwhip cream.
    APpVqVT.jpg?2

Is there a recipe for that? I've never had it and I'm intrigued.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    Day 5: Moar carrot cupcakes
    Day 6: Last cupcake standing! They're still soft and awesome because yeah, real butter :heart:
    MrM I'm also super picky about chocolate chip-- have you tried Acg's perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe (I mean, I don't think he wrote it but he posted it)? It's pretty awesome, although a lot of work.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/the-food-lab-best-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html
    It's the same recipe I use and it's PERFECT. I found it because I googled "chocolate chip cookies recipe" and it was the first result I could find with the ingredients measured by weight. I'm glad it's Acg-approved!
    When my oven broke some time ago my friends panicked because they wanted those cookies. They offered to pay for the new oven :laugh:
    (ça va sans dire, I'll be baking cookies one of these days. Too much cookies propaganda around here :laugh: ) [/quote]

ETA: I'm also looking for dairy-free cake suggestions. I want to bake something for my lactose-intolerant roommate and I also want to try something new. Anything not-italian would be "something new", so I may use some help. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 67g of Sweet Freedom vanilla ice cream and a chocolate protein milkshake
    Day 2 - Pancakes and single serving vanilla cake
    Day 3 - Kugel (150g). Man I love the stuff. More pancakes
    Day 4 - Kugel for breakfast. Protein cheesecake at lunch. Pancakes for dinner.
    Day 5 - Kugel and pancakes for breakfast. Chocolate protein milk shake as a snack. Yoplait frozen Greek yogurt with honey and caramel bar for lunch.
    Day 6 - Protein cheesecake with caramel and whipped cream for breakfast (no shame). I was going to take a picture, but then I'd have to upload it, and it was too much work and I wanted to eat it already. Might be all for today, if all goes according to plan.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Chocolate & Vanilla Pudding Cup, and M & M cookie
    Day 2 - Vanilla Pudding Cup, Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar
    Day 3 - Butterscoth Pudding, and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 4 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 5 - Toffee Caramel Pudding and Piece of coworkers retirement Cake
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Nothing :(
    Day 2 - Risen candies and starburst candies
    Day 3- MORE Risend candies and starburst candies
    Day 4 - Starburst candies (The last in the candy dish) plus a Risen - I couldn't resist the temptation any longer
    Day 5 - One fourth of a chocolate Easter bunny (I ate his ears today) - In actuality, that should be 1/5 of a chocolate bunny (To be specific it's a Mr. Rockstar with star shaped sprinkles in it), when I was dividing up into portion sizes, I got 5 portions for the total grams it said on serving was.
    Day 6 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - I have his head to enjoy today (that sounds really morbid)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Mom's lemon cake with strawberries and whipped cream
    Day 2: Chocolate cookie/almond butter sammich
    Day 3: Dark chocolate and salted caramel pecan froyo
    Day 4: Barney butter cup
    Day 5: Half a dozen Barney butter cups ????

Thank God for weight lifting and Krav Maga... I did both yesterday and came in 2 calories under net.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 5 Girl Scout Thin Mints & a Twix Ice Cream Bar
    Day 2: 1 - Never too much Peanut Butter Brownie & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 3: 2 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodles & 1 Peanut Butter brownie
    Day 4: 2 Peanut Butter Brownies & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 5: Hurricane Sundae = Fresh baked brownie, 2 warm out of the oven chocolate chips, chocolate ice cream YUM

14wep2p.jpg

Oh my word that sounds/looks amazing
    WANT!
    Also, just read about your day, Amber... Glad you got through it ok and wish you a thorough and speedy recovery.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Gooey butter cake
    Day 2: Gooey butter cake
    Day 3: Entenmann's glazed donut and 2 bites of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 4: Reese's Fun Size Cup and 1/4 cup of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 5: 1 square Ghiradelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree and a slice of angel food cake with vanilla cool whip frosting and blackberries

*edited because I ate more sweets after posting earlier!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Haagen Dazs Cappucino Gelato (101g) topped with ReddiWhip Original Whipped Cream (16g) and drizzled with Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup (1tsp); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.2oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 2: Little Debbie Cinnamon Streusel Cake (1); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.4oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 3: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Soft Baked Cookies (2); McDonald's Strawberry & Cream Pie (1)

Day 4: Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino (Bottled, 9.5oz); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.10 oz) with (2) Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies; King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

did you make sure to put frosting on the sweet rolls so you could label them cupcakes :D?

Haha! Do it, and call them cupcakes, dammit! Sorry, I just had to. :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Day 1: French toast topped with Jeni's honey + bananas ice cream
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream for breakfast. I'll also have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 3: Chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup ice cream (see avatar), two Trader Joe's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds (2 is just enough to satisfy), and a serving of TJ's Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 4: Talenti Sicilian Pistachio gelato for breakfast. 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, and 4 pieces of Brookside dark chocolate covered goji berries tonight.
    Day 5: 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, my last chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's slow churned peanut butter cup ice cream sandwich, and tonight I'll have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl cookie butter in my Greek yogurt and a spoonful of Jeni's sweet potato with torched marshmallow ice cream. *giggity*
    Day 6: One spoonful (13g) of Talenti banana chocolate swirl this morning (still tastes like baby food bananas, but I'm not complaining!), and tonight I'm having a serving of Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate ice cream.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Slice of Safeway Cheesecake and Talenti Caramel Apple Pie

Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Rookery Bread Pudding, Pate & Raspberry Wheat, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 5: Safeway Collassal Cheesecake, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Haha! Do it, and call them cupcakes, dammit! Sorry, I just had to. :bigsmile:

Oh Lord, that was funny! what an abomination.