"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You know that feeling when you know you want to have a mind blowing desert but can't figure out what you should get. That's me today. I'm about to go on Google and search for "Best _______ in nyc". I just can't figure out what.

I was watching Eat Street on the Food Network yesterday and I saw the most amazing donuts. 1 was filled with PB and bananas, then dipped in a banana glaze, topped with chocolate chips. Sadly it wasn't here. I need something like that in my life today.

That's sad-- and happens almost any time there's anything good on Food Network since I don't live close to New York, Chicago, or LA.

I've been wanting an apple fritter. Sadly no room in my calories until I can exercise again.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 450 ml lemon sorbet, 486 kcal. Okay, won't buy again; should be more extravagant for that amount of calories.
    Day 2: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew. Sugar coma approaches, think I overdid it a bit.
    Day 3: Small serving of salmiak liquorice ice cream, and Daim bar.
    Day 4: White-chocolate cranberry cookies, mint thingies, and a couple of white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 5: Mint thingies, few white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 6: Half-healthy today; oranges and bananas with whipped heavy cream, which was about to go bad.

Need to remember the page number now, since I got messed up regarding earlier comment location after Acrylics changed her avatar. Tsk tsk. Happy Friday, people!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: 450 ml lemon sorbet, 486 kcal. Okay, won't buy again; should be more extravagant for that amount of calories.
    Day 2: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew. Sugar coma approaches, think I overdid it a bit.
    Day 3: Small serving of salmiak liquorice ice cream, and Daim bar.
    Day 4: White-chocolate cranberry cookies, mint thingies, and a couple of white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 5: Mint thingies, few white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 6: Half-healthy today; oranges and bananas with whipped heavy cream, which was about to go bad.

Need to remember the page number now, since I got messed up regarding earlier comment location after Acrylics changed her avatar. Tsk tsk. Happy Friday, people!

GuiltyCat_zps04e6c2c7.jpg
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Awwwww kitty :( Don't be sad. That is such a sad little thing!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    May 4
    Day 1: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    Day 2: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    Day 3: 1/2 cup Talenti butter pecan, 1/4 Talenti double dark chocolate (with chocolate pieces!)
    Day 4: 1/2 cup Talenti double dark chocolate, 1/4 Talenti coconut
    Day 8: 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's Phish Food

I hardly ever get any Phish Food any more because my kids eat it all. Horrible, horrible, terrible kids.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Awwwww kitty :( Don't be sad. That is such a sad little thing!

:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    May 4
    Day 1: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    Day 2: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    Day 3: 1/2 cup Talenti butter pecan, 1/4 Talenti double dark chocolate (with chocolate pieces!)
    Day 4: 1/2 cup Talenti double dark chocolate, 1/4 Talenti coconut
    Day 8: 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's Phish Food

I hardly ever get any Phish Food any more because my kids eat it all. Horrible, horrible, terrible kids.

I love Phish Food. It's my second favorite B&J flavor, but I have the same problem with my husband that you have with your kids. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon
    Day 2: 3 brown butter snickerdoodles, 1 serving of Breyer's triple chocolate gelato, and one rolo
    Day 3: one serving of B&J Mississippi Mud Pie and one serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Edy's slow churned french silk.
    Day 5: small DQ midnight truffle blizzard, scone from the local tea shop, B&J Milk and Cookies
    Day 6: B&J Milk and Cookies

373bfba3-6414-4222-be64-bc5e2a5b9176_zpsae0fac9d.jpg

and I made the white/dark chocolate cream cheese bars:

73157e60-ffc4-484c-898d-d7a39ed63258_zpsec223d28.jpg

Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the Pinterest picture. :laugh: They were delicious. They did not taste like cream cheese though-- if I was going to make them again (probably will) I'd double the cream cheese. But still, they're gooey and delicious. They're extremely sweet, so if you're one of those people who prefers less sweet desserts they're probably not for you-- they've got sweetened condensed milk and both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I was happy with the brownie part even though it's made with a cake mix-- I think the addition of strong brewed coffee helped enhance the flavor.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon
    Day 2: 3 brown butter snickerdoodles, 1 serving of Breyer's triple chocolate gelato, and one rolo
    Day 3: one serving of B&J Mississippi Mud Pie and one serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Edy's slow churned french silk.
    Day 5: small DQ midnight truffle blizzard, scone from the local tea shop, B&J Milk and Cookies
    Day 6: B&J Milk and Cookies

373bfba3-6414-4222-be64-bc5e2a5b9176_zpsae0fac9d.jpg

and I made the white/dark chocolate cream cheese bars:

73157e60-ffc4-484c-898d-d7a39ed63258_zpsec223d28.jpg

Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the Pinterest picture. :laugh: They were delicious. They did not taste like cream cheese though-- if I was going to make them again (probably will) I'd double the cream cheese. But still, they're gooey and delicious. They're extremely sweet, so if you're one of those people who prefers less sweet desserts they're probably not for you-- they've got sweetened condensed milk and both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I was happy with the brownie part even though it's made with a cake mix-- I think the addition of strong brewed coffee helped enhance the flavor.

If that is your picture I think they look pretty darn close to the original pinterest photo... Certainly not a "Pinstrosity" have you ever seen that board? Hilarious how badly some of people's attempts to recreate Pins turn out.

Hoping to get to some baking this weekend, so far my contribution to this thread has been all been store bought stuff. Then I guess I need to figure out how to post pictures - I need to download photobucket or something, right?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In. :love:

ETA: Last night I had bread pudding with caramel sauce, it was to die for!! :wink:

Today: Hershey dark chocolate nugget
    Breyers cookies and cream ice cream
    Chips Ahoy Chocolate chunk cookies (2)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

If that is your picture I think they look pretty darn close to the original pinterest photo... Certainly not a "Pinstrosity" have you ever seen that board? Hilarious how badly some of people's attempts to recreate Pins turn out.

Hoping to get to some baking this weekend, so far my contribution to this thread has been all been store bought stuff. Then I guess I need to figure out how to post pictures - I need to download photobucket or something, right?

That's my picture. You should have seen the first time I made s'mores cookie bars. :laugh:

Here's my second attempt, which is what they're supposed to look like:
    7bbaec98-283f-4d94-950e-6d32cb2e0439_zps6561b5b2.jpg

First attempt:
    51572909-5bb1-4fd9-905d-d5f0c3f154ac_zps61d12d69.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They were incredible though. I make them whenever there's a special occasion because the calories are quite high.

And yes, photobucket or imgur. I prefer imgur but I use photobucket because that's where most of my photos are. Then you put image tags around the link and make sure they're lowercase. When you're ready to post just quote someone who has a pic in theirs and you should be able to see how to do it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

That's my picture. You should have seen the first time I made s'mores cookie bars. :laugh:

First attempt:

They were incredible though. I make them whenever there's a special occasion because the calories are quite high.

And yes, photobucket or imgur. I prefer imgur but I use photobucket because that's where most of my photos are. Then you put image tags around the link and make sure they're lowercase. When you're ready to post just quote someone who has a pic in theirs and you should be able to see how to do it.

I also love your plates!

Yeah, I finally figured out how to post images/gifs a while back - I just haven't figured out how to post any of my own photos. If I understand right, PhotoBucket and imgur just an app/software to store your pics (can they be from mobile phone or regular camera) and then you access from there?

I've never been much of a baker - I love to cook but I don't have the patience for the exact measuring required to really be a good baker. I have a whole Pinterest board called "Wish I Actually Liked to Bake" that has hundreds of yummy looking things on it and I've probably made 3 or 4 of them. Of course the same could be said for most of my Pinterest boards...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Chocolate Chip cookie, Small brownie & a piece of randomly cut Chocolate Sheet Cake
    Day 2: FiberOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bar (Not sure if this counts, but omg, have you had these? so yummy!) & Edy's Slow Churned Mud Pie Ice cream
    Day 3: Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl
    Day 4: Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl
    Day 5: Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup Ice cream, Jello Chocolate Mousse, FiberOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bar and Strawberries. Not all in the same bowl, but writing this kind of makes me want to...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I also love your plates!

Yeah, I finally figured out how to post images/gifs a while back - I just haven't figured out how to post any of my own photos. If I understand right, PhotoBucket and imgur just an app/software to store your pics (can they be from mobile phone or regular camera) and then you access from there?

I've never been much of a baker - I love to cook but I don't have the patience for the exact measuring required to really be a good baker. I have a whole Pinterest board called "Wish I Actually Liked to Bake" that has hundreds of yummy looking things on it and I've probably made 3 or 4 of them. Of course the same could be said for most of my Pinterest boards...

Yes you do it the same way as gifs. The biggest problem people have is that they put their phone pics in an album called Mobile Uploads, which is a problem because there's a space in the name. As long as there are no spaces it'll work the same as posting a gif.

My pinterest recipe boards had to be divided up because there were so many pins. Once I try a recipe I either delete it or move it to my board for tried and true recipes. But I can't try them fast enough and they keep piling up. I'm hoping that this thread will give me an excuse to try some of the ones I've had for ages.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Late Friday lunch with dessert. Store bought Bella Chi Cha - Creamy Gorgonzola with Fig Torta, small piece of local creamery's blue cheese with bourbon-infused cherry + juice, and a glass of the prosecco from last night. The fig is actually quite sweet, but the gorgonzola (mixed with cream cheese) is pretty savory. I'll find a "true" sweet this weekend - got my eye on a little bakery a few miles away and I'm told their Sunday morning creations are quite good.

FigTortaandBlue_zpsff1d2194.jpg
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options

they look like they worth every calorie. :love: :love:

(I should add the espresso pudding I made for dinner because I had half a bottle of milk in the fridge which I didn't want to throw away. quick and yummy.)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Haagen Dazs Cappucino Gelato (101g) topped with ReddiWhip Original Whipped Cream (16g) and drizzled with Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup (1tsp); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.2oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 2: Little Debbie Cinnamon Streusel Cake (1); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.4oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 3: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Soft Baked Cookies (2); McDonald's Strawberry & Cream Pie (1)

Day 4: Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino (Bottled, 9.5oz); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.10 oz) with (2) Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies; King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

did you make sure to put frosting on the sweet rolls so you could label them cupcakes :D?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember that. And no. Hell No. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha! Do it, and call them cupcakes, dammit! Sorry, I just had to. :bigsmile:

Oh Lord, that was funny! what an abomination.
    Coulda been worse. Coulda been cauliflower frosting.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

First attempt:

You had surgery yesterday... And you're baking...
    :blinksinawe:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

You had surgery yesterday... And you're baking...
    :blinksinawe:

Well I was bored out of my mind. :flowerforyou:

Unfortunately I can't do any exercise so my ability to work the baked goods into my much lower calorie goal is a challenge.