"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I just looked back at this week, and I actually have had sweets. Nice! So here's my round 2

Day 1 (Sunday, 6/8): Chocolate chip cookie from Dan's Bakery
    Day 2 : bread with honey. I also went to Sizzler and ODed on their rolls with maple butter. While not exactly a sweet, it was a treat for me!
    Day 3: Two "ah nuts!" cookies from the DoubleTree hotel
    Day 4 (today): 1 cup of Meadow Gold turtle tracks ice cream. The vanilla ice cream is much better flavor than my normal (Kroger brand), and I love the chocolate and caramel mixed in. MMmmmm...
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Today: Morning tea Arnott's Monte Carlo and Kingston biscuit (cookies) and a mini choc cupcake

For supper
    food10.jpg
    hopjesvla which is a dutch coffee custard
    used this recipe
    http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1377/coffee-custard.aspx
    Used less sugar about 95 grams instead of 110, and added tsp of coffee essence plus a very strong coffee/espresso.
    Looks like poop, tastes like wonderful! Loved it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finally something else than ice cream! Raspberry cheesecake.

DSC_1733_zpsb4a08a2e.jpg

I want! That looks so yummy! Did it taste as good as it looks?

It's not bad, would have been better with real sugar and full fat cheese though... but my mom is diabetic and watching what she eats so I couldn't do it.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Today: Morning tea Arnott's Monte Carlo and Kingston biscuit (cookies) and a mini choc cupcake

For supper
    food10.jpg
    used this recipe
    Used less sugar about 95 grams instead of 110, and added tsp of coffee essence plus a very strong coffee/espresso.

mmmmm chocolate & coffee......it looks wonderful!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I bought those Nature Path organic pop tart knock offs today and got some with some Talenti.

Just yum (but I'm eating at maintenance today).
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    nothing fancy or new for me. i've been eating a lot of cookie & danish samples at work and trying to work in some ice cream at night. gotta make a dent in the pile of pints in my freezer...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

For supper
    food10.jpg
    used this recipe

I need to check out that recipe!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I bought those Nature Path organic pop tart knock offs today and got some with some Talenti.

The cherry pomegranate (something pomegranate, maybe not cherry) were really good.

Today I finished off that Safeway blueberry vanilla cheesecake Greek frozen yogurt, had 3 dark chocolate coins, aaaaand.....tonight there will be carrot cake! Today's my son's 19th birthday, and it's the only cake he likes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Well this thread isn't going quite like the OP expected.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1317709-150-calorie-for-whole-pint-of-ice-cream?page=3#posts-20352712

The reaction itt gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

I've never tried that stuff. Never will.
  • Francl27
    Options

The cherry pomegranate (something pomegranate, maybe not cherry) were really good.

Today I finished off that Safeway blueberry vanilla cheesecake Greek frozen yogurt, had 3 dark chocolate coins, aaaaand.....tonight there will be carrot cake! Today's my son's 19th birthday, and it's the only cake he likes.

I bought the chocolate ones, I figured it would be easier to eat with ice cream than fruit stuff (I don't like fruit with chocolate).

So today I had two of the chocolate ones with gelato (one with hazelnut, one with cookie caramel crunch), some brioche with chocolate chips, and a bear claw (which was good, but a bit disappointing as I was expecting something amazing as that place typically has amazing croissants). I guess it's what 10 days of eating under maintenance did to me (and avoiding the brioches my mom brought me). Was worth it though, but it definitely reminded me that it's not worth eating croissants and brioche more than once in a while.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I bought the chocolate ones, I figured it would be easier to eat with ice cream than fruit stuff (I don't like fruit with chocolate).

So today I had two of the chocolate ones with gelato (one with hazelnut, one with cookie caramel crunch), some brioche with chocolate chips, and a bear claw (which was good, but a bit disappointing as I was expecting something amazing as that place typically has amazing croissants). I guess it's what 10 days of eating under maintenance did to me (and avoiding the brioches my mom brought me). Was worth it though, but it definitely reminded me that it's not worth eating croissants and brioche more than once in a while.

I think I just drooled on myself. If I have fruit (or like the pumpkin pie Pop Tarts), I have them with vanilla ice cream, but I generally go for chocolate or chocolate peanut butter. My daughter put a whole tray of brioche in my cart once, there were probably 14 in there. Then she wouldn't eat them because she thought they were muffins with sugar on top, so guess who was eating them every day for the next 2 weeks.
  • Francl27
    Options

I think I just drooled on myself. If I have fruit (or like the pumpkin pie Pop Tarts), I have them with vanilla ice cream, but I generally go for chocolate or chocolate peanut butter. My daughter put a whole tray of brioche in my cart once, there were probably 14 in there. Then she wouldn't eat them because she thought they were muffins with sugar on top, so guess who was eating them every day for the next 2 weeks.

I actually bought a Brioche at Whole Foods too this morning (my mom brought 3 from France and there's only a bit left, the kids ate most of it). Just found out today that mine is selling them. I don't think I'll touch it though (it's one of those things I love but only have once in a while really because it takes 100g to be satisfied and it's 350 calories and you're hungry an hour later). My favorite is still the one from Wegmans though, it has little pieces of half melted sugar in it (like 'cramique' or 'craquelin' in Belgium) and it's like crack, but the small loaf is like 1300 calories and I could easily eat it all.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Day 30- It was my birthday, so I had an oreo crème filled and a brownie filled chips ahoy, then banana tempura and like 3 slices of red velvet cake with vanilla frosting.
    Day 31- Devil Dog
    Day 32- 3/4 of a strawberry Pop Tart, a cup of cherry vanilla ice cream and a Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It's really tasty but had I known it was so small, I probably would have gotten something else.
    Day 33- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, Oreo creme filled chips ahoy
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I actually bought a Brioche at Whole Foods too this morning (my mom brought 3 from France and there's only a bit left, the kids ate most of it). Just found out today that mine is selling them. I don't think I'll touch it though (it's one of those things I love but only have once in a while really because it takes 100g to be satisfied and it's 350 calories and you're hungry an hour later). My favorite is still the one from Wegmans though, it has little pieces of half melted sugar in it (like 'cramique' or 'craquelin' in Belgium) and it's like crack, but the small loaf is like 1300 calories and I could easily eat it all.

Hmmmm, I might have to pay a visit to Wegmans! The ones we got were mini ones, I guess. They were the size of a small muffin, and just around 200 calories, with salt crystals sprinkled on top. That's what she thought was sugar, and so did I until I took a bite!
  • Francl27
    Options

Hmmmm, I might have to pay a visit to Wegmans! The ones we got were mini ones, I guess. They were the size of a small muffin, and just around 200 calories, with salt crystals sprinkled on top. That's what she thought was sugar, and so did I until I took a bite!

Wow salt on brioche is kinda odd.
  • irenehb
    Options
    Wow salt on brioche is kinda odd.

Kinda tired of all this salt on dessert trend that is happening at the moment. Salted caramel, no thanks I will have my sugar straight up, thanks very much!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Day 1: sour cherry clafoutis
    Day 2: red wine ice cream
    Day 3: Turkish delight
    Day 4: strawberry Bundt cake with chocolate ganache
    Day 5: as above
    Day 6: last of the strawberry Bundt!
    Day 7: peach bellini
    Day 8: chocolate milkshake
  • Francl27
    Options
    I've been having those 'waffle waffle' waffles for breakfast. Little bit of buttery and sugary goodness... 360 calories a pop :laugh: (nutritions are 140 calories for 33g. Mine this morning was 85g).

WaffleWaffleBox_LOWRES-Front2.jpg
  • irenehb
    Options
    I've been having those 'waffle waffle' waffles for breakfast. Little bit of buttery and sugary goodness... 360 calories a pop :laugh: (nutritions are 140 calories for 33g. Mine this morning was 85g).

WaffleWaffleBox_LOWRES-Front2.jpg
    Waffles, yum!

Yesterday had coffee custard again
    Today
    food11.jpg
    Vareniki (Russian pasta with cottage cheese) topped with mixed berries and sour cream