"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I kind of fell off posting my daily sweets for a while - my mum was in town visiting, and I was blowing my calories on meals as it was, so I wasn't including a whole lot of sweets. I did have some tasty Mars cheesecake one day though. I wish I'd taken a photo of it, it was amazing!

Now I'm back to reality, back to normal meals, and back to being able to have a nice piece of dessert!

Today I baked a matcha pound cake. I used a too-large loaf pan and my crappy phone, so it looks like crap, but tasted delicious!

photo-2_zps74d4d80d.jpg

ooooh that sounds good....recipe?
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I kind of fell off posting my daily sweets for a while - my mum was in town visiting, and I was blowing my calories on meals as it was, so I wasn't including a whole lot of sweets. I did have some tasty Mars cheesecake one day though. I wish I'd taken a photo of it, it was amazing!

Now I'm back to reality, back to normal meals, and back to being able to have a nice piece of dessert!

Today I baked a matcha pound cake. I used a too-large loaf pan and my crappy phone, so it looks like crap, but tasted delicious!

ooooh that sounds good....recipe?

http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/products_id/362

Theirs looks MUCH NICER.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Had to share my latest ice cream creation YUM - Caramel Bourbon Nutter Butter Ice Cream

2u6z88w.jpg
    2wmgnsx.jpg

My lawd, that looks amazing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Had to share my latest ice cream creation YUM - Caramel Bourbon Nutter Butter Ice Cream

2u6z88w.jpg
    2wmgnsx.jpg

You are so sabotaging me into buying an ice cream maker. :flowerforyou:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

You are so sabotaging me into buying an ice cream maker. :flowerforyou:

You really need one! I have to say I loved the nutter butter creation it was dare I say even better than Talenti especially after I drizzled more of the homemade caramel sauce on top Mmmmmm good! $28 at walmart and I shared lots of links to recipes on my blog yesterday :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I might have spoken too soon about the only gaining 2 lbs, things keep creeping on up, but I haven't really gotten back to my normal at home eating habits yet - still kind of in vacation "eat all the things" mode. Back to work today and that should help shock my body back to normality!

Anyway, over the weekend we hit the farmers market and I got to cook in my own kitchen again - which was great! So many yummy things - but the one that is applicable here is a Quick Blueberry Crisp...

[img]http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/kruggeri/Mobile Uploads/2014-05/5793811B-91E4-40EC-9B4C-EAFF85A5F212_zpsxvpotic3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/kruggeri/Mobile Uploads/2014-05/75C43B54-6D03-48D9-B47A-3C79650E2E98_zpstue0w5uc.jpg[/img]
  • horseplaypen
    Options
    starting over...

day 1: matcha pound cake
    day 2: taro croissant from Chinese bakery
    day 3: Persian love cake!!!! (a cardamom layer cake with rose and saffron whipped cream frosting, covered in pistachios)

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/persian-love-cake

DSC_0381sm_zpsfd45e5b7.jpg

DSC_0394sm_zps8608c2b2.jpg
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank this thread and it's ice cream/gelato precursor for introducing me to Talenti. My life has infinitely improved and Sprouts currently has like a 6 month sale going on. :drinker:
  • RaJoCo
    RaJoCo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I took the hubs to a resort on Father's Day where they served us BEER ICE CREAM with a drunkin apple fritter on top for desert after lunch...the children thought it was regular vanilla and didn't even bother to taste it (thankfully)

10377179_10202633168163586_1211829804463176950_n.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    starting over...

day 3: Persian love cake!!!! (a cardamom layer cake with rose and saffron whipped cream frosting, covered in pistachios)

:love:
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Have most participants in this thread kept track of whether they're losing at the same rate or a faster rate (or gaining, whatever your particular goals are)? I really love the posts about "Did the cleanse, still lost 4 pounds" or whatever.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    starting over...

How was it? I found the Italian love cake to be very disappointing. Wondering if the Persians have it better. :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Have most participants in this thread kept track of whether they're losing at the same rate or a faster rate (or gaining, whatever your particular goals are)? I really love the posts about "Did the cleanse, still lost 4 pounds" or whatever.

My goal is maintenance-- I'm maintaining at exactly the same rate as before. :laugh:

Sorry, I know that's not helpful. :flowerforyou:
  • horseplaypen
    Options
    How was it? I found the Italian love cake to be very disappointing. Wondering if the Persians have it better. :wink:

It was amazing! I fed it to 6 different people, who all loved it, even my father-in-law, who is a very traditional eater. Our coach at the gym told me I should go into the cake business after trying it. :)

Really, I think it's just that the flavours are so interesting - the cardamom, rose, and saffron really stand out, and the pistachios look beautiful. Also, the frosting is pretty much just whipped cream, not dense, sickly-sweet buttercream, and the cake layers are made with a meringue, so the whole thing comes out so light and flavourful.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Day 30- It was my birthday, so I had an oreo crème filled and a brownie filled chips ahoy, then banana tempura and like 3 slices of red velvet cake with vanilla frosting.
    Day 31- Devil Dog
    Day 32- 3/4 of a strawberry Pop Tart, a cup of cherry vanilla ice cream and a Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It's really tasty but had I known it was so small, I probably would have gotten something else.
    Day 33- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, Oreo creme filled chips ahoy
    Day 34- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, 3 Keebler Deluxe Fudge Grahams, and a mix of cookies and cream/espresso frozen yogurt topped with mochi, crushed snicker doodle cookies and oreos.
    Day 35- 3 Keebler Deluxe Fudge Shoppe Grahams and a slice of Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. HOLY COW. This was amazing. It was nice and light, and even though it was over 1000 calories, it was well worth it.
    Day 36- 3 Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grahams.
    dAY 37- Had a reward for a free pastry, so I got a Peach Pecan Crunch Muffin from Panera. This was light and delicious.
    Day 38- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake and 3/4 of a serving of Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 39- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake, a low fat strawberry poptart, and Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie. This ice cream is so good but I wish it had a bit more blondie chunks.
    Day 40- ShopRite Corn muffin.
    Day 41- Corn Muffin and I'm going to the local beach today with my mom so I'm planning on getting a Chipwhich for my Friday treat. Have a good one all! Also edited to add I also had vanilla soft serve with chocolate sprinkles
    Day 42- Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cake and 1/4 of a Sandies Simply Shortbread Cookie
    Day 43- The last of the Sara Lee Brownie Chocolate Chip Cakes, a triple chocolate cookie and Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
    Day 44- Two Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies from Stop and Shop
    Day 45- This vegan bar cookie of some sort. It was lemon and cherry like. It was good.
    Day 46- 1.5 Old fashioned sugar cookies, two triple chocolate chips deluxe and a serving of Ben and Jerry's Rockin Blondie
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Today I made a dip I saw on Pinterest that included Funfetti Cake Mix, Yogurt, and Cool Whip. I made more of a single serving size, but it was pretty amazing.
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Today I made a dip I saw on Pinterest that included Funfetti Cake Mix, Yogurt, and Cool Whip. I made more of a single serving size, but it was pretty amazing.

I had that dip at a Christmas party 18 months ago and when I asked someone where the recipe came from they said "Pinterest". I had never heard of Pinterest at that point, so I totally blame that dip for my Pinterest obsession.... 2000 pins later it is still one of the best things I've ever made from the site!

What did you serve it with? Gingersnaps are really yummy!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I had that dip at a Christmas party 18 months ago and when I asked someone where the recipe came from they said "Pinterest". I had never heard of Pinterest at that point, so I totally blame that dip for my Pinterest obsession.... 2000 pins later it is still one of the best things I've ever made from the site!

What did you serve it with? Gingersnaps are really yummy!

I just threw some pretzels in mine today, but I am going to make it tomorrow & dip some Graham crackers in it. I've read people often use animal crackers in it. I also bought some Cookie Dough mix & Brownie mix to try with the other ingredients at some point.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post that I finally tried the Turkey Hill Junior Mint "dairy dessert". It was actually nice and minty, and chewy. I was scared for nothin'!