"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    2. A grocery store to pick up some stuff. Got 3 different things. Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores Gelato, Phin & Phebes Banana Whama, Häagen Dazs Banana Split.

The Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores - Disappointed. The graham cracker flavor was overwhelming in my opinion.

I was so excited about that s'mores, and then you said it was a disappointment. I got coupons from Balducci's, so I'm going to try to get over there this week. I still want to get that stracciatella peanut butter one.
    You can't take my word on the Smores to seriously though. I for some reason was getting a strong cinnamon flavor and I hate cinnamon. Maybe I'm just confusing it with graham cracker but I did not like that. However, I have spoken to several people over in an ice cream thread I post in on bb.com and they loved Smores. So it's definitely worth a try.

The PB Stracciatella you need to try. I've seen several other people besides myself say it was mind blowing and quite possibly the best ever.

I was going to stop at Balducci's yesterday but I couldn't do that and stop in Manhattan. Would have gotten home way to late with the holiday traffic.

That's weird I didn't get cinnamon from it-- just graham cracker. I did think the graham cracker base was a touch sweet but I generally really liked it.

Ok, I'll try it! :bigsmile:

I do wish it had a stronger chocolate flavor.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the grocery store that had the brand. I'm on the fence about the PB Stracciatella-- I didn't like the Ben & Jerry's one that everyone raved about at all.
    I agree that more chocolate would have changed things for me

I'm one person that actually thought the B&J PB sucked. That should not even be allowed to be mentioned in the same paragraph as the Gelato Fiasco PB.

:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, I recant. :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    2. A grocery store to pick up some stuff. Got 3 different things. Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores Gelato, Phin & Phebes Banana Whama, Häagen Dazs Banana Split.

The Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores - Disappointed. The graham cracker flavor was overwhelming in my opinion.

I was so excited about that s'mores, and then you said it was a disappointment. I got coupons from Balducci's, so I'm going to try to get over there this week. I still want to get that stracciatella peanut butter one.
    You can't take my word on the Smores to seriously though. I for some reason was getting a strong cinnamon flavor and I hate cinnamon. Maybe I'm just confusing it with graham cracker but I did not like that. However, I have spoken to several people over in an ice cream thread I post in on bb.com and they loved Smores. So it's definitely worth a try.

The PB Stracciatella you need to try. I've seen several other people besides myself say it was mind blowing and quite possibly the best ever.

I was going to stop at Balducci's yesterday but I couldn't do that and stop in Manhattan. Would have gotten home way to late with the holiday traffic.

That's weird I didn't get cinnamon from it-- just graham cracker. I did think the graham cracker base was a touch sweet but I generally really liked it.

Ok, I'll try it! :bigsmile:

I do wish it had a stronger chocolate flavor.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the grocery store that had the brand. I'm on the fence about the PB Stracciatella-- I didn't like the Ben & Jerry's one that everyone raved about at all.

Have you had it yet, or are you on the fence about buying it?

I haven"t had it yet. Peanut butter stuff is a toss up for me.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I've never been the "roller" before!!!!

Maybe you were and do not recall; red wine may cause memory loss. But I'm glad to see some reasonable people have this thread moving. Now, just need to buy some more Gelato. . . . . .
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Man, I miss this thread and posting daily sweets.

Me too :cry:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Me too :cry:

Me three...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I bought the peanut butter gelato fiasco. I tried a bite and it definitely puts Ben & Jerry's to shame.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I bought the peanut butter gelato fiasco. I tried a bite and it definitely puts Ben & Jerry's to shame.
    I'm very happy to hear that. Although I had a hunch you wouldn't be disappointed.

I knew I could trust you guys! I'm going to try to get to the store on Friday. Oh, I'm going to Scoopapalooza in Chambersburg, PA on Saturday!!! It's a fundraiser, and I'm pretty sure it's all you can eat. I'm wearing stretchy pants. :wink:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy to hear that. Although I had a hunch you wouldn't be disappointed.

I knew I could trust you guys! I'm going to try to get to the store on Friday. Oh, I'm going to Scoopapalooza in Chambersburg, PA on Saturday!!! It's a fundraiser, and I'm pretty sure it's all you can eat. I'm wearing stretchy pants. :wink:
    Oh man. I had to Google it. Sounds awesome.

I'll probably have to do a lot of running afterward, but it'll be worth it. :bigsmile: I'll take pictures.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here for all my sweets loving friends....
    23 life changing ways to eat chocolate chip cookies...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/chocolate-chip-cookies-are-the-best?utm_content=bufferdccf2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&s=mobile
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    what the
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Someone should start a new challenge!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Whoa at this whole thing.

:love:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

Oh man. I had to Google it. Sounds awesome.

I'll probably have to do a lot of running afterward, but it'll be worth it. :bigsmile: I'll take pictures.

How was the Scoopapalooza?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd like to publicly thank ILiftHeavyAcrylics and Terrapin, without whose encouragement and support I may have never had the courage to experience for myself the true ambrosia of the gods, GELATO!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

A trio of my newly acquired Talenti (since I am a gelato virgin, I clearly could not choose which to eat first--I chose ALL):

e5077f0d72921d48d7cd22432d3a372c4139.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    First off, I'd like to publicly thank ILiftHeavyAcrylics and Terrapin, without whose encouragement and support I may have never had the courage to experience for myself the true ambrosia of the gods, GELATO!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

A trio of my newly acquired Talenti (since I am a gelato virgin, I clearly could not choose which to eat first--I chose ALL):

e5077f0d72921d48d7cd22432d3a372c4139.jpg

So you liked it?