"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yum.

For Christmas I want one of those freezers and one of those ladies to serve me ice cream. And as I stand there deciding what I want I say "I'm sorry, I have to figure out what I really want" and she replies "No need to apologize, there's no rush".

That would be sweet. :drinker:

Highly intrigued by snickerdoodle ice cream!!!

It was verrrrry cinnamon-y. I thought it was too much, but I guess if someone really loves cinnamon the way I love peanut butter and chocolate, they would like it. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I found Hazelnut Talenti! I popped it open and had a spoonful, you know, for science. That gelato and I will be getting it on big time tonight.

I'm almost out, got to run to Target and hope they have some this time. For the record, it's the bomb if you have it with those special K chocolate delight pastry crisps. Seriously SO GOOD.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Yum.

For Christmas I want one of those freezers and one of those ladies to serve me ice cream. And as I stand there deciding what I want I say "I'm sorry, I have to figure out what I really want" and she replies "No need to apologize, there's no rush".

That would be sweet. :drinker:

Highly intrigued by snickerdoodle ice cream!!!

It was verrrrry cinnamon-y. I thought it was too much, but I guess if someone really loves cinnamon the way I love peanut butter and chocolate, they would like it. :smile:

I love cinnamon ice cream. Also peanut butter and chocolate!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd like to publicly thank ILiftHeavyAcrylics and Terrapin, without whose encouragement and support I may have never had the courage to experience for myself the true ambrosia of the gods, GELATO!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

A trio of my newly acquired Talenti (since I am a gelato virgin, I clearly could not choose which to eat first--I chose ALL):

e5077f0d72921d48d7cd22432d3a372c4139.jpg

So you liked it?

That is an understatement, lol! The banana chocolate swirl was okay (a little icy--I think it was old--and a tad too sweet for me). But I will be purchasing back up pints of both the sea salt caramel and coconut, as well as trying the belgian chocolate I passed up at the store this morning. Thank goodness I cleared out the door shelves in my freezer--it's BOGO week on pints at my local grocery.

Awesome. If you like peanut butter I highly recommend the chocolate peanut butter cup as well. Oh and the southern butter pecan. Nom.

I second the Southern Butter Pecan!

I went to Giant today & looked for the Hazelnut flavor & of course they didn't have it.
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    We went for a walk with the dog and as we pass my car he sits in front of it. That's what he does when he wants to go for a ride. So we went.......to a gelato shop in Bayside, Queens. I never go anywhere without my phone but this time I did and so did she so we had no way to take pictures there. I asked one of the workers if they could take some pictures of my purchases and the girl said yes and that she would email it to the Mrs. She then spoke to the owner over the phone and he told her not to do it. She felt bad that she said yes at first then said no.......I got mine for free. Free ice cream and gelato. And it was really good.

I got Banana gelato and Cookie dough ice cream
    v5IXw7Q.jpg?1
    iQRWbuB.jpg?1

The Mrs. got chocolate, cookie butter and strawberry gelatos.
    BMSh8Yt.jpg?1

Cookie butter, now that sounds amazing!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Back from a long vacation and very happy to see this thread still going!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

We are all still lurking but need to start a new challenge. What fun things did you eat and drink on your vacation?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If we were going to have a new challenge what would you guys want? Sweets again or ice cream/gelato or something else?
  • Cortelli
    Options

We are all still lurking but need to start a new challenge. What fun things did you eat and drink on your vacation?

You know, I am not much of a sweets eater, really. I had the occasional gelato and a brandy soaked walnut cake in Croatia. Plus croissants / brioche for breakfast pretty often.

I took most of my gastronomic treats in the form of seafood and booze -- lots of squid, and cuttlefish, and mussels in Rome with beer, Prosecco wine and the rare grappa; lots of octopus and fish and some lamb in Santorini with beer, retsina, other wine, and ouzo. And in Croatia, lots and lots of prosciutto and other cured meats, and seafood including freshwater fish like trout, and lots and lots of beer, wine, and Croatian brandy (like grappa).

All very tasty and a pretty awesome vacation, but nothing too terribly appropriate for this particular thread!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    If we were going to have a new challenge what would you guys want? Sweets again or ice cream/gelato or something else?

I liked the flexibility that Sweets offered because it allowed for gelato/ice cream, store bought cookies, restaurant desserts, and home made items. I did like with the gelato thread how everyone was comparing notes from commercially available brands though.

I'm probably one of the only ones who would vote for a wine challenge... :) How about "Pick Your Poison" or "Eat All The Junk" where not only is it dessert related items but if someone (like me) chooses to have two glasses of wine and can't squeeze in gelato we are still keeping up, or if someone wants to go hog wild and go to all you can eat TGIFridays appetizers - that counts too.

I guess "Eat All The Junk" might have some other connotations though :drinker: not to mention that we don't want to condone labeling food as junk. Scratch that suggestion.
  • Cortelli
    Options

I'm probably one of the only ones who would vote for a wine challenge... :)

Glad you said "one of the only ones" and not the "the only one." :drinker:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I'm probably one of the only ones who would vote for a wine challenge... :)

Glad you said "one of the only ones" and not the "the only one." :drinker:

I knew you'd be up for it Cortelli!
  • Cortelli
    Options
    How about "Pick Your Poison"

I'd definitely participate and enjoy a "Pick Your Poison - Diet Doesn't Mean Deprivation" or something like that. Intended to show (like the original Gelato cleanse and this Sweets thread) that calorie restriction doesn't mean limiting oneself to kale, raspberry ketones, and fat free fat. A thread like that could encompass more than sweets (like wine! and tequila!) though I'd expect sweets to dominate.

[And did I just now, on re-reading, see your 'other connotations' to "Eat All the Junk"? LMAO :drinker: ]
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    How about "Pick Your Poison"

I'd definitely participate and enjoy a "Pick Your Poison - Diet Doesn't Mean Deprivation" or something like that. Intended to show (like the original Gelato cleanse and this Sweets thread) that calorie restriction doesn't mean limiting oneself to kale, raspberry ketones, and fat free fat. A thread like that could encompass more than sweets (like wine! and tequila!) though I'd expect sweets to dominate.

[And did I just now, on re-reading, see your 'other connotations' to "Eat All the Junk"? LMAO :drinker: ]

Hah, I like it! And yep, guilty!
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Giant & Weis have some pretty good deals on ice cream.

Weis has Talenti for $3.99 & Turkey Hill on sale for $2.50.

Giant has I believe Edy's, their store brand for cheap, & I believe their line of gelatos.

I should go stock up on Giant's Coconut/Pineapple flavor of gelato.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Giant & Weis have some pretty good deals on ice cream.

Weis has Talenti for $3.99 & Turkey Hill on sale for $2.50.

Giant has I believe Edy's, their store brand for cheap, & I believe their line of gelatos.

I should go stock up on Giant's Coconut/Pineapple flavor of gelato.

Um, I need to see if I have room for Turkey Hill in my home freezer. You're a bad influence! I like it. :bigsmile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much moved to the gelato and ice cream group, lol.

I had a pretty good strawberry shortcake last week, but otherwise it's mostly been ice cream here.