"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Giant has some good deals on Ice Cream this week.

Kemps/Greens/Friendlys on sale for $2.50, Talenti so-so deal $3.99, & their store brand was pretty cheap too.

I picked up two Friendlys, another Talenti (bought some on Thursday too), & a few of their own brand.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    ^ ermegawd, that all looks so good!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    YUM.

The chocolate cupcakes I made for my husband's birthday were incredible. The frosting was divine, they all just ate it right out of the bowl (I made way too much). I didn't get to take pics, they got eaten too fast.

I had some 'black and tan' ice cream today... chocolate and caramel. Big disappointment, it wasn't very flavorful at all. Not worth the calories at all (although I looked it up and that brand only has 140 calories for 1/2 cup, but still). But I paid for it and didn't want to throw it away. But bleh. For the calories, Breyer's is way better. The brand is Jack and Jill. Will avoid from now on.

I didn't know they made Jack and Jill anymore. I remember seeing it at birthday parties. That stinks that it wasn't good.

You mean your first thought before you eat anything isn't "I have to take a picture for MFP"?! :wink: The frosting on the cupcake I posted was cream cheese, and it had fudge in the middle. The colors came out nice in the picture, sorry it was so huge!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    2. A grocery store to pick up some stuff. Got 3 different things. Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores Gelato, Phin & Phebes Banana Whama, Häagen Dazs Banana Split.

The Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores - Disappointed. The graham cracker flavor was overwhelming in my opinion.

I was so excited about that s'mores, and then you said it was a disappointment. I got coupons from Balducci's, so I'm going to try to get over there this week. I still want to get that stracciatella peanut butter one.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Kemps/Greens/Friendlys on sale for $2.50, Talenti so-so deal $3.99, & their store brand was pretty cheap too.

I picked up two Friendlys, another Talenti (bought some on Thursday too), & a few of their own brand.

That's where I got my Talenti on Saturday night! Finally tried the Belgian Milk Chocolate. Since we were staying in a hotel room with no freezer, I "had" to eat the whole pint, which resulted in a PR on the leg press the following day! I saw this brand, Lovin' Scoopful, there. Have you tried it yet? I'm going to see if it's at the Giant by my office.

lovin-spoonful-ice-cream-review-1.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

That's where I got my Talenti on Saturday night! Finally tried the Belgian Milk Chocolate. Since we were staying in a hotel room with no freezer, I "had" to eat the whole pint, which resulted in a PR on the leg press the following day! I saw this brand, Lovin' Scoopful, there. Have you tried it yet? I'm going to see if it's at the Giant by my office.

What's the bottom flavor of Lovin Scoopful - the one that looks like it has chocolate chunks and stuff in it? Looks yummy!

What did you end up thinking about the Butter Brickle?
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    MY sweet love is dark chocolate---I eat GODIVA belgium DARK chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate plain brownies or cupcakes, only dark with no frosting----very well done plain chic chip cookies (nut allergies) and dark choc kit kats!!!!

???? Love this topic---just saw it today for first time--if something is a doughnut or cheesecake or is fluffy or fruity, or vanilla--no interest to me although it can look pretty, it just doesn't look appetizing!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

What's the bottom flavor of Lovin Scoopful - the one that looks like it has chocolate chunks and stuff in it? Looks yummy!

What did you end up thinking about the Butter Brickle?

It looks like it's Caramel Chocolate Heaven. It does look yummy! And some of the money goes to Special Olympics, which is really nice. They have a flavor called Baba's Butter Pecan Brittle that sounds good, too! I haven't opened the Butter Brickle yet, because I have so many open right now. I started to look for those cookies you got, but I didn't see them in the Pepperidge Farm display, and I forgot to look in the cookie aisle. I figured I should have both in hand when I open it. :bigsmile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I haven't tried that brand yet, but some of the flavors look good. I've noticed that Giant has started to carry their own versions of frozen yogurts & gelato. If their gelato tastes good I might buy some of it since it comes in larger containers than Talenti. I noticed in the organic section they carry the Three Twins ice cream & the Key Lime ice cream sandwiches that someone on here said was good.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I haven't tried that brand yet, but some of the flavors look good. I've noticed that Giant has started to carry their own versions of frozen yogurts & gelato. If their gelato tastes good I might buy some of it since it comes in larger containers than Talenti. I noticed in the organic section they carry the Three Twins ice cream & the Key Lime ice cream sandwiches that someone on here said was good.

Oh, I'll have to look! I've had Safeway's gelato, and it was good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That chocolate/caramel one looks delicious, but I know better than to judge by looks now :(

Today I had three Nestle Little Drums. Small evil things. Put me over my goal. Oh well... still under TDEE!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Stopped in the city on the way home and made 2 stops:

1. Amorino Gelato - It was awesome. I got a cup with 4 flavors. Sea salt caramel, Milk chocolate, Tahitian vanilla and Nutella. She got a cone with Coconut, Cookie butter and Milk chocolate. A bit expensive but I didn't mind. $16 for the 2 of us.

hGKd7A2.png?1

uU5bNbi.jpg?1

efBfYGa.jpg?1

wPuab7T.jpg?1

irOS3iE.jpg?1

ePdjHEH.jpg?1

Even this guy liked it...
    yYWsTlp.jpg?1

2. A grocery store to pick up some stuff. Got 3 different things. Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores Gelato, Phin & Phebes Banana Whama, Häagen Dazs Banana Split.

The Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow Smores - Disappointed. The graham cracker flavor was overwhelming in my opinion.

This is relevant to my interests.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I was so excited about that s'mores, and then you said it was a disappointment. I got coupons from Balducci's, so I'm going to try to get over there this week. I still want to get that stracciatella peanut butter one.
    You can't take my word on the Smores to seriously though. I for some reason was getting a strong cinnamon flavor and I hate cinnamon. Maybe I'm just confusing it with graham cracker but I did not like that. However, I have spoken to several people over in an ice cream thread I post in on bb.com and they loved Smores. So it's definitely worth a try.

The PB Stracciatella you need to try. I've seen several other people besides myself say it was mind blowing and quite possibly the best ever.

I was going to stop at Balducci's yesterday but I couldn't do that and stop in Manhattan. Would have gotten home way to late with the holiday traffic.

That's weird I didn't get cinnamon from it-- just graham cracker. I did think the graham cracker base was a touch sweet but I generally really liked it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

You can't take my word on the Smores to seriously though. I for some reason was getting a strong cinnamon flavor and I hate cinnamon. Maybe I'm just confusing it with graham cracker but I did not like that. However, I have spoken to several people over in an ice cream thread I post in on bb.com and they loved Smores. So it's definitely worth a try.

The PB Stracciatella you need to try. I've seen several other people besides myself say it was mind blowing and quite possibly the best ever.

I was going to stop at Balducci's yesterday but I couldn't do that and stop in Manhattan. Would have gotten home way to late with the holiday traffic.

That's weird I didn't get cinnamon from it-- just graham cracker. I did think the graham cracker base was a touch sweet but I generally really liked it.

Ok, I'll try it! :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I do wish it had a stronger chocolate flavor.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the grocery store that had the brand. I'm on the fence about the PB Stracciatella-- I didn't like the Ben & Jerry's one that everyone raved about at all.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I do wish it had a stronger chocolate flavor.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the grocery store that had the brand. I'm on the fence about the PB Stracciatella-- I didn't like the Ben & Jerry's one that everyone raved about at all.

Have you had it yet, or are you on the fence about buying it?