"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd like to publicly thank ILiftHeavyAcrylics and Terrapin, without whose encouragement and support I may have never had the courage to experience for myself the true ambrosia of the gods, GELATO!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

A trio of my newly acquired Talenti (since I am a gelato virgin, I clearly could not choose which to eat first--I chose ALL):

e5077f0d72921d48d7cd22432d3a372c4139.jpg

hehehe....you are going to love it! And ILHA is a great motivator. Today I realized the sorbetto is a little bit sweet so I may try a smoothie with some whey protein, milk and blueberries or some other fruit. Frankenfood meets immersion blender....muh hahahahahaha
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd like to publicly thank ILiftHeavyAcrylics and Terrapin, without whose encouragement and support I may have never had the courage to experience for myself the true ambrosia of the gods, GELATO!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

A trio of my newly acquired Talenti (since I am a gelato virgin, I clearly could not choose which to eat first--I chose ALL):

So you liked it?

That is an understatement, lol! The banana chocolate swirl was okay (a little icy--I think it was old--and a tad too sweet for me). But I will be purchasing back up pints of both the sea salt caramel and coconut, as well as trying the belgian chocolate I passed up at the store this morning. Thank goodness I cleared out the door shelves in my freezer--it's BOGO week on pints at my local grocery.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

So you liked it?

That is an understatement, lol! The banana chocolate swirl was okay (a little icy--I think it was old--and a tad too sweet for me). But I will be purchasing back up pints of both the sea salt caramel and coconut, as well as trying the belgian chocolate I passed up at the store this morning. Thank goodness I cleared out the door shelves in my freezer--it's BOGO week on pints at my local grocery.

Awesome. If you like peanut butter I highly recommend the chocolate peanut butter cup as well. Oh and the southern butter pecan. Nom.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

So you liked it?

Awesome. If you like peanut butter I highly recommend the chocolate peanut butter cup as well. Oh and the southern butter pecan. Nom.

Oh, yes! I see many more pints in my future! They had those flavors at the store, too! Nom nom
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

So you liked it?

Oh, yes! I see many more pints in my future! They had those flavors at the store, too! Nom nom

Southern Butter Pecan is just outstanding!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We went for a walk with the dog and as we pass my car he sits in front of it. That's what he does when he wants to go for a ride. So we went.......to a gelato shop in Bayside, Queens. I never go anywhere without my phone but this time I did and so did she so we had no way to take pictures there. I asked one of the workers if they could take some pictures of my purchases and the girl said yes and that she would email it to the Mrs. She then spoke to the owner over the phone and he told her not to do it. She felt bad that she said yes at first then said no.......I got mine for free. Free ice cream and gelato. And it was really good.

I got Banana gelato and Cookie dough ice cream
    v5IXw7Q.jpg?1
    iQRWbuB.jpg?1

The Mrs. got chocolate, cookie butter and strawberry gelatos.
    BMSh8Yt.jpg?1

Your dog is such an enabler...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Found a great use for those empty Talenti containers - they are a perfect lightning bug catcher for my kids! Punched a few holes in the top and voila. Don't have to worry about them dropping and shattering it like I did with my glass pickle jar when I was a kid!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    We went for a walk with the dog and as we pass my car he sits in front of it. That's what he does when he wants to go for a ride. So we went.......to a gelato shop in Bayside, Queens. I never go anywhere without my phone but this time I did and so did she so we had no way to take pictures there. I asked one of the workers if they could take some pictures of my purchases and the girl said yes and that she would email it to the Mrs. She then spoke to the owner over the phone and he told her not to do it. She felt bad that she said yes at first then said no.......I got mine for free. Free ice cream and gelato. And it was really good.

v5IXw7Q.jpg?1
    iQRWbuB.jpg?1

BMSh8Yt.jpg?1

But then . . . how did you get the pictures?

It all looks amazing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

It all looks amazing.
    I told her to put covers on them. Jumped in the car, drove home which was an 8 minute drive then took the pictures. As I've stated many times before, yes I have issues.

:laugh:

If you'd just gone with candles you wouldn't have this problem. :wink:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

It all looks amazing.
    I told her to put covers on them. Jumped in the car, drove home which was an 8 minute drive then took the pictures. As I've stated many times before, yes I have issues.

I was wondering the same thing about how you got the pictures.

And LOLOLOLOL on the candles....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I bought the peanut butter gelato fiasco. I tried a bite and it definitely puts Ben & Jerry's to shame.
    I'm very happy to hear that. Although I had a hunch you wouldn't be disappointed.

I knew I could trust you guys! I'm going to try to get to the store on Friday. Oh, I'm going to Scoopapalooza in Chambersburg, PA on Saturday!!! It's a fundraiser, and I'm pretty sure it's all you can eat. I'm wearing stretchy pants. :wink:
    Oh man. I had to Google it. Sounds awesome.

I'll probably have to do a lot of running afterward, but it'll be worth it. :bigsmile: I'll take pictures.

How was the Scoopapalooza?

It was awesome! I found out one of the creameries I liked sells locally (Trickling Springs), but I went to one store and they only had chocolate and vanilla in the bigger size, which I didn't have room for. Pics are coming in a minute. :smile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

It all looks amazing.

Lol. Stupid candles.

And the Mrs. didn't really say anything about me being crazy and wanting to race home. I guess she has accepted the fact that I'm just a fool sometimes.

A fool in a good way, though! :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    This is what I did on Saturday. http://business.chambersburg.org/events/details/scoop-a-palooza-11588 It was hard to get pics because I didn't want to hold up the lines. Each stand had 4 flavors to sample and vote on. Dietrich's was selling Hershey's, so I didn't think it was fair to vote for theirs. They didn't put theirs out, it was scooped as you ordered it. The Meadows had frozen custard, and I don't even remember the flavors because I couldn't really taste it in the products, so I didn't bother with pictures. I didn't get pics of Udderly Delicious frozen yogurt, either.

IMAG0674_zpslg1czbad.jpg

This was one of my favorites, Windy Knoll, but I think they only sell in their own store. I really liked their salty caramel crunch (1st place overall winner) and peanut butter overload (2nd place). They also had chocolate marshmallow and peach medley, which were just ok to me.

IMAG0673_zpsfcjkpgkb.jpg
    IMAG0671_zpscfositjw.jpg

This one didn't have anything I didn't like, Trickling Springs, and they sell local! :bigsmile:

Chocolate cookies, Indonesian Vanilla, Peanut Butter & Jelly (freaking aMAzing!), and orange pineapple.
    IMAG0669_zpstd6ik5qi.jpg

I should've gotten a picture later, because that's when you could see more jelly in the ice cream. At first they just had the peanut butter ice cream curled around a blob of jelly. I guess they didn't have time to mix it in first thing. Everyone in my group loved this one. Came in 3rd for best overall, and 1st for most creative.
    IMAG0672_zpsvmbmv5dy.jpg

Magic Ice Cream makes it right there. They mix in all the toppings and the liquid ice cream ingredients, then hit it with nitrogen. They had birthday cake, snickerdoodle, apple pie (my son's favorite), and chocolate surprise (?). They were a little too sugary for me. I forgot to take a pic of the finished product.
    IMAG0670_zpslvoj471z.jpg

They had a toppings section, but I didn't want to ruin my ice cream with toppings. :wink:

I resized everything before I posted, but they're still coming out full size for me. Hopefully they'll catch up soon. I don't know why it doesn't seem to be working right away.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Yum.

For Christmas I want one of those freezers and one of those ladies to serve me ice cream. And as I stand there deciding what I want I say "I'm sorry, I have to figure out what I really want" and she replies "No need to apologize, there's no rush".

That would be sweet. :drinker:
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Yum.

For Christmas I want one of those freezers and one of those ladies to serve me ice cream. And as I stand there deciding what I want I say "I'm sorry, I have to figure out what I really want" and she replies "No need to apologize, there's no rush".

That would be sweet. :drinker:

Highly intrigued by snickerdoodle ice cream!!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I found Hazelnut Talenti! I popped it open and had a spoonful, you know, for science. That gelato and I will be getting it on big time tonight.