30 Pounds By Christmas? 10wks. Start 10/18 JOIN!

Options

Replies

• HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok cool. I can totally do todays challenge. Ive finished the work portion. The 10 mins of dancing is gonna be fun. Maybe ill clean one of my closets and dance when i get home.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    All right, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I don't quite have 30 to lose but my goal weight has been eluding me forever.

CW: 180
    Christmas weight 164
  • RakhiK
    RakhiK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like the sound of this...can I join too please!

CW:- 154
    Xmas Goal :-124
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I agree PoshTaush you are doing an excellent job as a leader!

Today will be somewhat easier as far as staying under my calories since I'm going back to work and I always pack my food with me. The only temptation is the snacks that the kids have but it's the 20th so not technically our day in the kitchen. Besides none of that stuff is going to taste as good as 30 lbs. being gone.

I have roughly 75 minutes of cardio/circuit training planned, just need to get up and moving. It's kind of a lazy day perhaps the idea of work lingering is the problem since I've been off since last Thursday, lol. Still have to figure out when I'll fit in my dance but it shouldn't be a problem since I randomly dance throughout the day.

Water shouldn't be a problem as long as I remember my water bottle :P

Good luck today everyone! We can do this!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I just ate a MASSIVE breakfast and it was only 410 calories! How exciting!

3 large eggs, 2 pieces light toast, and 5 strips turkey bacon reduced sodium.

This is not typical for me, but I know I won't get a good MEAL again til dinner time. I wanted to bulk up on protein to help curb the cravings!

Ok...off to drink more water. Got 6 glasses in already!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Thanks so much for the compliments everyone! I really appreciate it and it makes me feel good!

I'm so excited we are all doing this together. I honestly think I wouldn't be doing so well if I didn't feel so excited about everyone else joining me!

HUGS to all my Christmas buddies!
  • KelliB25
    Options
    Okay count me in!!
    CW: 221
    Goal by christmas: 191

WOW to be under 200!!! :bigsmile:
  • jcanant
    jcanant Posts: 11
    Options
    Ooohhh!!! Count me in! I need some extra motivation! :wink:
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    count me in also....
  • meganrae1988
    Options
    I would love to join.

My current weight is 201.
    My goal weight by Christmas is 171.
    My final goal weight is 165.

The area that I could really use the encouragement is to get up off my butt and exercise. I am always under my calorie goal, so that is pretty good, but exercising other than my 30 minute walk a day is tough.
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm trying to get down from 80 kg to 60 kg, so that would be awesome if I could lose that by Christmas.

I'm 170lb now, so 30 will get me down to 140lb (63.5kg) which exceeds my goal!

I'll be utilising push ups, sit ups, walking, maybe star jumps before starting running for my beep test (shuttle run). I'm trying to get my fitness up enough to be eligible to join the Army (as they are hiring now), but would love to apply for the Air Force or Navy as well.

I am a single Mum to my two year old daughter, and I want to be able to model a good lifestyle for her, and be able to provide for her. I can't look after her if I can't look after myself.

Feel free to add me, just say 30 day challenge in the message!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    And some more join the roster!! Woo hoo.........
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Ok everyone...... whew.... I am so excited that people are STILL JOINING US!! WOW!

I know that some people are having trouble finding the challenges still. I am trying to keep up and help everyone, but unfortunately, I know I'm probably missing some people. Can everyone PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, help me tell others about how to find the challenges. I've been posting them here, and in my signature, so on and so forth.... I'm trying, but I don't know a better way for everyone to find them. (this is my first time leading a group on here...hehehehe..... so bare with me please!:blushing: )

I'm excited about challenge today:

Once again,

10 glasses of H2O
    At or under calorie goal....(I understand that you can't eat 3000 exercise calories! Wow you all are amazing!)
    And here's the best part!!!

Of course 45 minutes of movement PLUS an extra 10 minutes of shaking your groove thang' DANCE!!! haha.... Be silly and have fun with it. Even if you know you can't keep a beat, at least you will burn some calories laughing at yourself and with your family!

Ok....off to start chugging water........

I'm not so motivated to exercise yet. HELP!!!! I'm struggling to wake up this morning!!

Ok.......bye for now my svelt siblings!

Mwah!

Maybe plp checking in for the day can reply to the daily challenge by quote, that way other searching can just go look on the last page or two and see the replies...? I dont know if that might work but just a thought :)

You are doing a wonderful job and keeping this going!!! Keep it up, we all are here for support :)

I will be doing my dancing for the day later today, I have some clothes sorting to do in my daughters room and I think so dancing and fun can be thrown in to get her to help me lol she will be 2 in December.

My water is half way there and I am still searching for a scale today. I am going to go visit my trainer so I am gonna convince him to let me step on it LOL

I got my exercise in bright and early 60 mins of boot camp, weight lifting and cardio!! Woot woot

Hope every one has a wonderful day!! God luck with all daily challenge!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Rock on! I want a trainer soo bad!
  • mamacitamb
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this challenge, also! :) I'm 2 days late, but I started my weightloss journey yesterday. I'm up for 30lbs by Christmas! That would be awesome!

You can see my siggy for where I'm starting. Looking forward to working with you guys!!!
  • andipanda
    Options
    Good Morning All, I have to get used to checking in on this site and finding my way around it.
    Today, so far I've ridden my bicycle for 58 minutes and plan to ride another hour when my hubby gets home to ride with me.

I've tried a new snack today. It's a Popcorn Rice Cake w/chicken salad. The recipe is on the back of the Rice Cake bag.
    Pretty darn good, light and refreshing. 110 calories IF you do it like it says. I didn't have FF mayo, or grapes. I used chopped mango instead. I think you can use any fruit. It's tempting to have another one, but I think I'll let my willpower take control & I'll hold off.

Now it's time to DANCE!! 10 minutes.
    Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I would love to join. I've been having a rough 2010 - gained back all of my weight lost last year and then some. I want to look good for my first Christmas at home in 4 years!!

CW- 177
    GW - 137
    30BXmas - 147

Don't know if I can lose that much by Christmas, but I do know I can lose, so I'm ready to go!
  • LosingIt135
    LosingIt135 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I started my weight loss journey on Monday. I would love to join you guys and lose 30 by Christmas.

SW: 195
    CW: 195
    By Christmas: 165
    GW: 135

Hey, that would be halfway to my goal. I'm stoked. :happy:
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I just got back on MFP and need inspiration. MY weight this am on Wednedsay is 209lbs. I would love to lose 30 by christmas. You all have such enthusiam I need you. Hope I am not to late to join.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I just got back on MFP and need inspiration. MY weight this am on Wednedsay is 209lbs. I would love to lose 30 by christmas. You all have such enthusiam I need you. Hope I am not to late to join.