My 1st NSV :) What's yours??

Options
noor_v
noor_v Posts: 133 Member
I was at a dinner party this weekend, and I got my first "Have you lost some weight?" comment. It felt awesome :mile:

I was getting a little lazy and I've been slacking a little over the last couple of weeks, but this motivated me to get serious again...

What was your NSV this weekend? Last week? Last month??? What keeps you all going?

Replies

• _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's really great :D it's nice when people recognise your weight loss, I really appreciated the comments last time I lost weight, they kept me going!

My NSV is from this weekend, my fiancé took a photo of my back so I can see if my exercise regime starts to show any muscular changes, and I liked my back!! It was a big surprise as I've never liked my back in photos! Sounds silly, but it's made me happy and motivated to keep up my exercise!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I live for NSV's right now! Seriously, the scale moves verrrry s-l-o-w-l-y but it's the NSV's that help keep me going and show me things are happening.

Today I am wearing a brand new pair of pants, a size smaller than I've been in YEARS!

Last week my NSV's included:
    Getting a link taken out of my watch
    Sending leftover pizza home with SIL (!)
    Getting complimented on my weight loss by my doctor at my physical!
    Staying on my healthy plan and not eating the loads of junk food at work
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a silly one, but.... I got "honked" at by passing cars 3 days in a row while walking.... I'm sure all of you are totally used to that (and some, it probably happens so much you hate it ) but I'm not quite yet used to walking/honking and I have to admit, it made me grin. :wink:
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - that's awesome!!! :flowerforyou:

Yayyy!!!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    This weekend my knickers are falling down - need to go buy smaller ones :blushing: :happy:
  • atxgr8life
    atxgr8life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    please forgive me but what does NSV stand for?
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not sue if this even really counts but I was walking to the store the other day and someone in a car went by me and honked and waved pointing at my butt..felt pretty darn good. I couldn't stop laughing while I finished my walk to the store!
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    please forgive me but what does NSV stand for?

Non Scale Victory :D
  • FinnTheMonster
    FinnTheMonster Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wore a shirt to school that I haven't worn since I was two shirt sizes smaller!!

I screamed with joy so loud that I woke up my roomie c:
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    people asking me if i was a model
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just got back from seeing my parents, it had been more than a year since my last visit. My mother, who can be rather critical and has no issues voicing her opinion, said "wow, you look good." - I hadn't heard that in a while from her. :heart:

For me that was a big deposit in the NSV bank.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    people asking me if i was a model

@foodfitness

I can totally see that... you're a gorgeous young lady! :flowerforyou:
  • 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    All good ladies!! WTG!! :flowerforyou:
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The lady at my Dunkin Donuts by work said, "OH! (grabbed her co-worker, also an Indian woman) He used to be (making large hand gestures to show fatness) very big and now he look handsome!"

Haha I know it's not a car honking at my butt, but I'll take it!!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome y'all! :) I love these threads. :flowerforyou:
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    As I passed a group of girls on the beach yesterday while riding my bike, one of them hollered out "looking good". I gave them a thumbs up.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 40 lbs but haven't really been able to go down a pant size. I could get them up and button them but they were always way too tight with a lot of muffin top...
    I went shopping this weekend.... and I tried on those size 14's again... AND THEY FIT!!! no muffin top. They actually fit me! I was soooo excited. And to make it even better... They were from the regular girl section, not the big girl section! Yay! haven't really shopped in that section in years!
  • AreUjoking2
    AreUjoking2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I had to put on a belt to hold my pants up this weekend!
  • Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    I finished the C25K program. Scale didn't really move but my clothes fit differently. I am pretty proud of myself that I completed it!
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I was returning from the gym this morning, my neighbor who was out walking her dog stopped me and said, "you've lost weight!" I didn't think it was noticeable to casual observation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!