My 1st NSV :) What's yours??

Options

Replies

• daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I went to my first spin class a couple of months ago, and the spin instructor approached me after class and asked me if I was a runner, or gymnast, after i replied no, she said i looked great and had an athlete's body. Still keeps me motivated :-)
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm wearing my son's Star Wars shirt to work. He's 6'1" and 155 lbs. (such a bean-pole!), so the shirt is much smaller than anything I'd ever worn in recent history. It not only fits, but it's a bit loose!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was at a play last night and bought a t-shirt - only a size L. I have been a 2XL for so long, it seems unreal to me to buy just a large!

and I am enjoying seeing my cheekbones and jaw line again, as well as my re-emerging collar bones!
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Everybody's NSV's sound great! I had to buy new bras this weekend...primarily because the wire broke in my one good one, but I had to buy a size down! Woohoo! Plus I bought some workout pants and I actually bought XL instead of 1X that I've been wearing. Yay! I've crossed from plus size to regular sizes...at least in workout pants!
  • PamazonDreams
    PamazonDreams Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3 compliments from random strangers in 3 days:

1) A man walking passed flashed me a huge smile and said, "Hi, beauty! You are SO cute!"
    2) I walked past a man smoking a cigarette and he said, "You have fun tonight! You look great!"
    3) A guy actually pulled over and stopped me as I was walking home from work. I thought he wanted directions, but no, he wanted my phone number! Haha!

It's amazing how a complete stranger can completely make your day! I need to start doing that for others - I think it, I just need to say it.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this thread... it's so inspirational for me - it's really gotten me motivated... :flowerforyou:

I just got back from a 20 min power walk with my co-worker, and I am going to taken another 15 min walk in the afternoon :smile:
  • britt8808
    britt8808 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went to put on my workout pants and had to tie the draw string off in order to keep them up!!!! (They used to be tight)
  • JocelynElizabeth2014
    Options
    Last Halloween, I bought a dress as part of my costume. My sister turned 18 recently and her party (masquerade) is this month. I decided to re-use my dress to save money. Well, I got it out of the closet and put it on and it fell down! So now I GET to add straps and take it in!
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today I tried on a pair of size 12 pants and not only did they fit, I can put phone & keys in the pockets AND sit down comfortably!!! :bigsmile: Haven't been that size since the late '80s!! :dances happily:
  • djones209
    djones209 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Went to the blood drive and one lady mentioned giving doubles. The other lady looked at me and said that I did not look like I weighed enough!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread, awesome comments. My NSV is being able to exchange a new dress purchase for the next size....down!
  • 13georgia13
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't know what it meant either :)
  • Jessesbride
    Jessesbride Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've actually had 2 recently!!! My MIL told me I look really good & you can see the change especially in my face! (I'd been getting compliments for the past week but that one was my favorite!!! 2 ~ I've been able to squat down w/o falling over & then get right back up again WITHOUT using my hands to help steady myself OR push myself up!!! Haven't been able to do that in a LONG time! oh & 1 more... I can fit into my 2x shirts & my 1x-18/16 size pants!!! I started out at 3x-4x shirts & size 24 pants!!!! I'm still all kinds of cheesy grins & giggling!!! :blushing: :laugh: :happy:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My NSV was this past Sunday playing ball hockey... realized my panties are too big. They don't stay up anymore ;):blushing: :laugh:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The falling down pants is great, isn't it? (well, not without its problems but...) Posted this on my wall already but going to post here too: yet one more person in my jazzercise class came and asked me how much I have lost "I was standing behind you - your hips are smaller, your waist is smaller, even your arms are smaller". Made me beam.
  • lorocks61
    lorocks61 Posts: 15
    Options
    I've been putting my slacks in the dryer in hopes that they will shrink. Going to the restroom takes much less time since I no longer have to unzip or unbutton them.
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I can do Zumba for an hour without having to catch my breath :)))))
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had to wear a belt for the first time in YEARS! WhooHoo!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I've been putting my slacks in the dryer in hopes that they will shrink. Going to the restroom takes much less time since I no longer have to unzip or unbutton them.

Now THAT'S funny!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I also have been washing some clothes in hot water and tossing them in the dryer in hopes of shrinking them. The other day I was wearing this white button down blouse that looked really sharp when I bought it…20lbs ago. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, the only thing you can do with that is wear it to Macy’s to buy another shirt.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!