My 1st NSV :) What's yours??

Options

Replies

• FierceLisa
    FierceLisa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Went to my daughter's musical concert around the end of Dec. and trying to fit into the seat was TIGHT squeeze. It hurt and actually I got some bruises just from sitting there for an hour. I started my journey Jan 1 st I have lost 26.8 lbs & a lot of inches :) My daughter had another concert 2 nights ago and guess what I fit. I didn't have to squeeze in at all. I could actually just sit down. I was so happy.
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was able to pull out a pair of dress pants from before I was pregnant and wear them yesterday! Granted, they were loose before and they weren't loose yesterday, but it's still a victory to me!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing but my first major NSW was how easier to clean and wipe "back there" as before it was a sweating chore.
  • eschang99
    eschang99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Trying on old dresses that I thought I would have to give away because I would never be able to fit in them again...and totally fitting into them again!
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of shorts to walk/jog in - size SMALL! When I started 20 months ago, I wore 2X-22W. I didn't think it was even possible!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I saw some people last week who I hadn't seen since Christmas time. They commented on how much weight I had lost and how great I looked. I weigh exactly the same as then, but my BF% is down 2%. Apparently it makes a bigger difference than I thought.
  • shimmerNsparkle
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?
  • Penchant4Words
    Options
    This past weekend I wore shorts! Out in public! I haven't done that since I was in college, maybe even before! It's been all capris and maxis dresses during the summer. I was feeling a tad self conscious as I left the house but later on, saw a reflection of myself in a storefront window. My inital thought was "Oh what a cute outfit!" before it dawned on me that I was the one in the cute outfit! It was a very happy day!
  • BraidedKitteness
    BraidedKitteness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I finished the C25K program. Scale didn't really move but my clothes fit differently. I am pretty proud of myself that I completed it!

Great Job!!! I'm on Week Three and I'm kind of dreading next weeks five minute jogs. XD
  • cafeduus
    cafeduus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory :)
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Putting together a box of clothes to donate because they are now too BIG. So many times I donated clothing that was too small. Never again!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was at a play last night and bought a t-shirt - only a size L. I have been a 2XL for so long, it seems unreal to me to buy just a large!

I love this one, and I share it with you!! Even when I was a teenager I always needed XXL but most concert and event tees didn't come in 2-3X back then...so I would get an XL and endlessly wash and stretch them out. It was the only way they would not cling to every bit of my belly and chest. Now I wear a L t-shirt and one day might even need M. It seems unreal to me still. At the holidays we all got XL long sleeve t-shirts with our work logo and my boss (an average sized woman) warned me that it would be too big...she was correct, I gave it to my dad!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to have to buy a bunch of new clothes for my honeymoon in a few weeks, and I didn't really want to, I would rather wait until I was a size down. But the other day I got out my spring summer clothes and found that a bunch of stuff I had hung onto, even though it didn't fit (too small)... FITS!

Hello again, adorable sundresses and capris, I've missed you!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am getting to 'shop' in the back of my closet. Wearing things that have not fit in several years. Had to put my first two pairs in the donate pile because they will not even think of staying up. That feels so good!
  • serrazee
    serrazee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My NSV last week was at the doctor's actually! The nurse was taking my resting pulse and without any prompt, said "you must do cardio." And I asked how she knew and she told me that my resting pulse was 60.

Not much, but it made me feel awesome that she knew that, and that my cardio is doing something good for my health besides just my looks. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My NSV last week was at the doctor's actually! The nurse was taking my resting pulse and without any prompt, said "you must do cardio." And I asked how she knew and she told me that my resting pulse was 60.

Not much, but it made me feel awesome that she knew that, and that my cardio is doing something good for my health besides just my looks. :)

That is really, really cool!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I work at an animal hospital ....... we sell prescription food & some clients just aren't able to carry the cases & bags out to their cars ........ I'd have to hunt down another staff member to lift & carry ......

But no longer ....... after losing weight & working out, I'm more than capable of schlepping a 40# bag of dog food outside AND carry on a conversation with the client at the same time ..... it's all good !

Congrats on everyone's NSV's :drinker:
  • ktrain78
    ktrain78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all! Mine had to be pulling out the summer clothes this week...nothing fits! So a victory and a financial tragedy all at once! :ohwell:
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My NSV happened yesterday when I realized I have lost enough weight to NOT have to drive with my steering wheel tilted all the way up!! There was actually room for my legs with it tilted all the way down and they didn't stop the wheel when I made a turn! I do prefer to drive with it up now due to just being used to it that way but, the fact that I have the option to tilt up or down or not at all....thats a NSV to me!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am with the other poster above on the heart rate - I had a physical and my blood pressure is 96/60!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!