My 1st NSV :) What's yours??

Options

Replies

• adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Loved reading everyone's comments. Mine would have been this weekend a friend I don't see often said something that she can totally tell I lost weight.

But for me it's actually having to wear a belt.
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am donating clothing as well! I've got a couple of tops I am milking for as much as I can get from them so I don't have to spend lots of money to replace them but they are soon to be gone!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 40 lbs but haven't really been able to go down a pant size. I could get them up and button them but they were always way too tight with a lot of muffin top...
    I went shopping this weekend.... and I tried on those size 14's again... AND THEY FIT!!! no muffin top. They actually fit me! I was soooo excited. And to make it even better... They were from the regular girl section, not the big girl section! Yay! haven't really shopped in that section in years!

^^Can totally relate. Just this past weekend I was able to go pick up a pair of shorts WITHOUT trying them on and knew they would fit. I have not done that in 11 years. It was still a size 14-16 but alot better from where I start at a tight busting out size 22.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love this one, and I share it with you!! Even when I was a teenager I always needed XXL but most concert and event tees didn't come in 2-3X back then...so I would get an XL and endlessly wash and stretch them out. It was the only way they would not cling to every bit of my belly and chest. Now I wear a L t-shirt and one day might even need M. It seems unreal to me still. At the holidays we all got XL long sleeve t-shirts with our work logo and my boss (an average sized woman) warned me that it would be too big...she was correct, I gave it to my dad!

That is so great! This made me think of something that happened to me. My daughter brought home a nice light-weight jacket with her company's logo on it last year thinking I could wear it since she didn't need another jacket. Well, I could get it on, but could never zip it so didn't feel like wearing it. Last month I put away my winter coat but needed something to wear that could be washed all the time (I drive school bus) and saw the jacket. I put it on and it zipped right up! plus, there is room around the waist. Unreal. I had to pull it up above my waist to even try to zip it last fall. Such a surprise.
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My jeans don't fit. I put them on and they fell down while I was walking around. That feels great. I have only lost 14.5 pounds but it seems to be centered around my waist.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yay for NSVs! I too have slacked a little the past few months off and on, but today my soon-to-be-stepdaughter found my old driver's license that I had copied for something, and she picked up the photocopy and her and her brother both said "wow, you look so different!" and she high-fived me. :)
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine is a two parter,

1. i bought some new workout tights and had to get a size smaller than the last pair :-)
    2. The reason i needed a new pair was that my current pair were falling apart due to over use! .. I dont think i have ever had gym stuff that had been used so much it feel apart especially not a good fitness brand like these.

Great NSV everyone
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I still need to get around to buying new jeans and adding a hole to my favorite belt! It's been 2 months! I need to do this!
  • mrsmomma1222
    mrsmomma1222 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time reading these forums but seldom post. Today when I was feeling discouraged I took my first photo since the "before" photo. It may not be much (20 of the 100 lbs I need to lose gone.). My NSV? I am on my way to a belly button & love handles! (You don't get excited about love handles unless you know what it's like for it to be a love roll(s)

Happy day! And congrats on all the NSV's. They are all so inspiring!!

5387q.jpg
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 today!
    1) I went for a jog tonight and literally had to hold the waistband of my pants with both hands so my pants wouldn't fall down.
    2) I'm on the smallest notch of my belt. Time to go rooting through my closet and find a belt in the next size down!
  • LilithLaquim
    LilithLaquim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So happy for everyone here! My 1st NSV was today at the gym. I set new PRs on 3 lifts, and while I was doing bent-over rows I could see a tiny bit of muscle definition in the mirror at the top of the lift. That's a first for me!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Went to a party at neighbours place and many of my neighbours couldn't recognize me :D Asked my mom whom she brought along .. :laugh:
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Had a brilliant week of nsv last week, on 2 separate occasions at 2 different classes (zumba and aerobics) was asked by the person behind if I'd lost weight, as look loads slimmer. Had the pants falling down so much had to hold on at aerobics despite adding some extra stitches to make smaller, my old work colleagues were shocked when saw then. One of which didn't recognise me from behind, parent evening even a teacher asked if I'd lost weight and I now fit in size 14 UK clothes comfortably. Have been on holiday but it felt like every day I had several "wow" comments. Also people keep asking me how I've done it and best friend is now decided to lose weight and said; "don't mean to be rude, but it's shocked me just how much better you look now you've lost weight"
  • dazza_098
    dazza_098 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ive had 2 this week :)
    the other day i was at my advanced diploma music course and i walked to the car with a friend in my class and he randomly said to me i have only know you for a year and i can see you have lost so much weight you are skinny now since going vegan

another was today i bought size small shirts and they fit better then perfect and i know im not far off an x small :)
  • telepneff
    telepneff Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple without realising.

I bought shorts last year without trying them on and when I got them home I couldn't do them up so put them away. I pulled them out for my holiday this year and they fit! Although I feel like this was cheating because it had nothing to do with my recent MFP commitment. I've only just started actively trying to lose weight. Same as when I came back on MFP, I hadn't logged on for over a year and when I updated my weight there was a massive drop (14lbs). I think I had been slowly shedding baby weight, I looked after my son in the day and worked as a waitress in the evenings so was pretty active compared to my office job now.

My second was when I was on holiday (the one where I wore the shorts), 2 of my friends said how good my arms looked on 2 separate occasions. I thank lifting for that one- I noticed it in myself this morning, they look quite strong!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Last night, I finish 5K jog without stopping for a walk. I never knew I have that kind of courage and motivation to exercise ever!!!
  • ajones1965
    ajones1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A couple recently
    1. Being able to just bend down and tie my shoes
    2. Being able to have a small helping of dark chocolate as a treat and not want more :)
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    #1 - I'm wearing a spring t-shirt today that I hadn't worn since October. It was a little tight then - it's really loose now. Even the hubby commented that it looks too big. I have lost very little weight in that time, but I keep shrinking!

#2 - I was helping with field day at my elementary school yesterday. I was manning the running high jump event. I got to demonstrate what to do for each group - AND I COULD BOTH RUN AND JUMP HIGH! It was so much fun!
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Had another one today that I just felt like sharing. I fit into a medium sized dress!!

1959393_10152382969585890_814938494095863380_n.jpg?oh=0e555620bbfebd06286eea68e3ca70a1&oe=53D688EA
  • TiffanyJole
    TiffanyJole Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Everybody's NSV's sound great! I had to buy new bras this weekend...primarily because the wire broke in my one good one, but I had to buy a size down! Woohoo! Plus I bought some workout pants and I actually bought XL instead of 1X that I've been wearing. Yay! I've crossed from plus size to regular sizes...at least in workout pants!

How exciting!!! I got to into my smallest pants last week, and this week I was able to tighten my bra! woohoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!