Why in the world would a guy wear jeans at the gym???

Options

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    2VZEvt6.jpg
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Walmart gym?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just can't imagine how some people are comfortable in what they wear to the gym. I see people in jeans/jeans shorts. Yesterday I saw a woman in a thick cotton button-down, collared shirt. There was a guy I used to see a lot years ago who wore khakis and loafers. I've seen men with belts (not weight belts, but belts one would wear to a wedding or to work) on.

My gym actually has a dress code that says not to wear those kinds of things, but they don't really enforce it. I'm not offended by it or anything, but I cringe when I see it because I imagine what it feels like to sweat and move in clothing like that and ick!

I also have regularly seen a guy running in a local park wearing jeans, a belt and a crisp, white, long-sleeved, collared, button-down shirt. In the summer in Florida.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just derby jargon... Sorry to use it in front of regular people.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    2VZEvt6.jpg

See if I was a REALLY good runner, I'd do that to mess with peoples heads!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    One day I want to run a marathon in jorts. One day...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I just can't imagine how some people are comfortable in what they wear to the gym. I see people in jeans/jeans shorts. Yesterday I saw a woman in a thick cotton button-down, collared shirt. There was a guy I used to see a lot years ago who wore khakis and loafers. I've seen men with belts (not weight belts, but belts one would wear to a wedding or to work) on.

My gym actually has a dress code that says not to wear those kinds of things, but they don't really enforce it. I'm not offended by it or anything, but I cringe when I see it because I imagine what it feels like to sweat and move in clothing like that and ick!

With what kind of classless schmucks are you associating who would wear a wedding belt to work?
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why you'd care? I saw moms mabley a few weeks ago. little old lady, white sweats and sweater, floral print skirt, knit cap.. adorable on the treadmill ..and that's not snarky, just an honest question...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    One of my friends wears jeans doing everything. Dude's a PhD. Skiing, snowmobiling, kayaking, biking, caving, climbing. Doesn't matter. When it's above 100 you might see him in jean shorts. Other than that, it's always jeans.

And you know what?

He's probably better than you at absolutely everything. He's amazing.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    You say his jeans were a bit tight? Perhaps he wore them because he wanted you to be looking... Vanity is very important to some people...
  • sjohnny
    Options
    One of my friends wears jeans doing everything. Dude's a PhD. Skiing, snowmobiling, kayaking, biking, caving, climbing. Doesn't matter. When it's above 100 you might see him in jean shorts. Other than that, it's always jeans.

And you know what?

Did he write his thesis in jeans?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

And you know what?

He defended it in jeans. No joke.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Each one should concentrate on their own workout and let people do what they want to do including let them wear what they want to wear.

OP is no different than Planet Fitness policy ....
  • rml_16
    Options

And you know what?

The better question is did he defend it in jeans?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Each one should concentrate on their own workout and let people do what they want to do including let them wear what they want to wear.

But what if they want to do is judge people in jeans?
  • sjohnny
    Options

And you know what?

The better question is did he defend it in jeans?

I don't think it's a better question.

And it's already been answered without it being asked.
  • rml_16
    Options

OK, seriously. None of you notice others at all in the gym? You walk around with your eyes closed? And you never think, "Well, that's unusual"? Ever?

I guess you're all better than the rest of us.

The OP isn't judging. She finds the attire unusual (and it is). That's all.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

But what if they want to do is judge people in jeans?

Sure if that's what they are paying the gym membership for.... LOL!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    my best guess is that he likes the attention/looks he gets from looking out of place lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

And you know what?

He's probably better than you at absolutely everything.

tumblr_inline_mzqdso0ye81snily5.gif