Why in the world would a guy wear jeans at the gym???

Options

Replies

• sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym who is in wicked shape. He's about 45, bald with a goatee. The kind of guy who could be a bouncer at a bar. He wears JEANS (fairly tight!) and a tank top when he works out, and I can't figure it out at all.

I can somewhat understand it if he were just doing weights, but he will even get on the stepper or elliptical and work up a sweat! I can't imagine how that would be in any way comfortable!

The last few times I've seen him, however, he is wearing SHORTS!!! I sooooooo want to ask him WHY he wears jeans sometimes but of course I don't have the nerve.

Then just yesterday a different guy was running on the treadmill next to me in jeans.

Am I missing something?????????????????? Please guys, fill me in if you have any insights!!! I've even googled it with no success! Help me to sleep at night as I ponder this mystery...:wink:

I have a friend that is the same way.....jacked.....just likes to wear jeans at the gym and a tank top....I have asked him 20 times how he could and the answer is the same...I just like wearing jeans ...SMH
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I ran once in jeans on a treadmill cause I forgot my pants.. but was hoping the YMCA wouldn't notice cause they will actually ask you to change.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Maybe his daugter was in swim lessons and he decided to get a workout in while he waited...I did last week, in jeans.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I really don't think the OP was judging, just curious. I've seen a couple of guys at my gym as well in jeans and randomly wondered how that could be comfortable. They do stick out since everyone else is in typical workout wear.
  • shawmutt
    shawmutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym who is in wicked shape. He's about 45, bald with a goatee. The kind of guy who could be a bouncer at a bar...

Maybe I ought to start wearing jeans more...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread for the next time someone tells us no one is judging us when we are at the gym.

*Like*

While I don't think the OP was judging - I do feel more and more self conscious the more I read the forums here. When I go to the gym at 5am I don't brush my hair - i put it in a ponytail and wind it up however it will fit on my head. I probably sometimes have the previous day's make up on. I have two pink tanks I wear and always wonder if people think i always wear pink if I wear it to the gym once or twice a week - for some reason I'm really worried about this one?

I know nobody cares. And i don't care if they care.... or at least I didn't until I realized how much everyone pays attention.

FWIW I do think it would be terribly uncomfortable to work out in jeans.

It's okay. No one is paying attention to what anyone else is doing in the gym.

sigh...I do. I want to see if I can learn something. However...I couldn't tell you what anyone had on this morning.

The other thing I noticed...I was the only woman using the weight machines and the free weights. All the other women were on the cardio machines going 90 mph...so it seemed. I ashamedly passed judgment...it seemed mindless to me...as if they were in a daze.

I just went back to doing my strength training.

I am sorry women at my gym...

I also watched a guy using free weights...his form on bent rows...
  • Annie_01
    Options
    and this is why I don't go to the gym

I once thought that same way...now...I don't care...the gym has what I want...equipment to get me to where I want to be.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I once thought that same way...now...I don't care...the gym has what I want...equipment to get me to where I want to be.

And that includes the jacked guys in jeans, right? Amirite? :wink:
  • jessical_otoole
    Options
    Maybe it's for resistance? lol. :embarassed:
  • Annie_01
    Options

LOL I am 61...too old for jacked...LOL

Well...maybe after I lose another 25lbs...I'll look around and see if there are any jacked seniors around!
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh, jeez. Let him wear whatever he wants. You aren't the clothing police!:angry:

there was no nastiness in this thread so take your mood elsewhere.
  • sjohnny
    Options

LOL I am 61...too old for jacked...LOL

Well...maybe after I lose another 25lbs...I'll look around and see if there are any jacked seniors around!

I don't think there's a maximum age for jacked.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Maybe he forgot his workout clothes at home but is dedicated enough to make do with whatever he had on at the time, just to get in his workout.

^this (maybe)

I once lifted in swimming trunks because I didn't have any other shorts in my gym bag...

(...well, except for my shorty-short running shorts, but decided to go with the swimming trunks instead.)

BdaglvsCMAAEzv2.jpg

ETA:
    Maybe that information is classified and you should just mind your own business before you find yourself in the middle of something WAY over your head.

Carry on. Nothing to see here, people. Go back to your homes and places of businesses.

/thread

Uh oh.

I've already said too much.

:ohwell:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    One of my friends wears jeans doing everything. Dude's a PhD. Skiing, snowmobiling, kayaking, biking, caving, climbing. Doesn't matter. When it's above 100 you might see him in jean shorts. Other than that, it's always jeans.

And you know what?

He's probably better than you at absolutely everything. He's amazing.

Did he write his thesis in jeans?

He defended it in jeans. No joke.

LOL :laugh:

#Winning
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread for the next time someone tells us no one is judging us when we are at the gym.

Dammit!!!

:angry:

That's *my* line!

:grumble:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    (This thread is already dead and I missed it, isn't it.

*sigh*

I always miss all the good threads.

:kicks rocks:)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

I'm not aware of anyone making a thread about it.

Have you tried the search feature?

(LOLMFPforumsearchfeature :laugh:)
  • sjohnny
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

I'm not aware of anyone making a thread about it.

Have you tried the search feature?

(LOLMFPforumsearchfeature :laugh:)

LOL Joffed.

I don't think you're going to be able to breathe life into this one.

But I may be wrong.

Or it may be more effective to wait two or three years and then do some random response.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I once forgot my socks and so worked out in my black dress socks.

I've also worked out in my swim trunks because I forgot my shorts.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I once forgot my socks and so worked out in my black dress socks.

I've also worked out in my swim trunks because I forgot my shorts.

BRB I'm going to make a thread.