I want to cut gluten...

Options
1235»

Replies

• aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why gluten is so controversial, but I think it might have something to do with donuts and cake being so delicious.
  • momtoeric
    momtoeric Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is there more testing to ak for besides a blood test?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Is there more testing to ak for besides a blood test?

A colonoscopy and endoscopy. OP doesn't want to have the procedures done.

Other blood tests she should have done are SED rate (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), lipase, amylase, and bilirubin- just to name a few.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    When I eat I get extremely bloated, like I look 6 months pregnant. Today, for lunch, i ate a grilled chicken and roasted red peppers wrap. instant pregnancy look. So... not trying to jump on any band wagon, im trying to figure out what my digestive issues are from.

and i cut sugar because i was seriously addicted to sugar. Like twinkies and mountain dew for breakfast addicted.....
    What about a doctor's visit? They can test you for gluten intolerance and celiacs.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    To be tested for celiac you will need a blood test or and endoscope done by a dr that knows what is going on. A friend of mine couldn't afford the testing so she went GF and she felt wonderful after 6 weeks. After going GF her allergies to other foods decreased. It's a good way to see of you cannot have any gluten without the stress of testing.
  • StarvingInSuburbia
    Options
    I cut out gluten for health, and when it made an ENORMOUS difference, I was tested for celiac and found to have it. Going GF is SUPER difficult, but if you're intolerant, it makes an enormous difference.