What is your maintenance range?

Options
124»

Replies

• Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mine is 98 - 102. As i am so short those few extra lbs make all the difference so try not to go over 102.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I do not know my weight range because I have never been fit in a long time. I also have more weight than the average person. I guessing around 160-180 depends on how much muscle I lose during this journey.
  • BlackDaisy85
    BlackDaisy85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got down to my goal weight of 50kg (110lbs) but since then have gained a couple lbs, I weigh in always between 50kg-55kg (110lbs-121kg) Is this an okay maintenance range? I'm 5'1 tall as well.

11 lbs seems like a dangerous amount of wiggle room. id keep a maintenance range to about 5 lbs at most in order to ensure you are not gaining too much.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Once at maintenance you should rely far less on the scale and mostly on how you look in the mirror and how your clothes fit.

If you are also maintaining a more healthy and active lifestyle, keep moving, and exercising, your body will continue to change for the good. Since hitting my weight goal, I've gained five or so pounds back but also dropped another inch on my waist. Should I set a 500 calorie deficit to try and lose those extra pounds while I'm trying to gain muscle lifting weights? I don't think so. My clothes will definitely let me know when I need to make any adjustments. Use a pair of your snuggest but well fitting pants as your guide.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I got down to my goal weight of 50kg (110lbs) but since then have gained a couple lbs, I weigh in always between 50kg-55kg (110lbs-121kg) Is this an okay maintenance range? I'm 5'1 tall as well.

As a female your body can store upwards of 10lbs in water weight around your menstrual cycle.

Personally when I maintained I did 5lbs up or down of where I wanted to be