Cows milk vs almond milk

Options

Replies

• amykr93
    amykr93 Posts: 65
    Options

I'm talking basic nature, not habitats and environments designed, and controlled, by humans.

I'm sorry could you define "basic nature" for me?

If you are saying that as soon as a you put a pig and a goat in close proximity to one another it is no longer "natural" then yes obviously a goat would never "naturally" suckle from a pig by that definition because they have to be within the same locality to do so.

Really I'm just not sure what you are trying to say here.

I meant the natural habitat of those animals.

In their natural habitat, without any interference from humans.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Bone is made up primarily of protein and calcium. Protein foods contain amino acids which are the building blocks for bone repair and maintenance. Many studies have shown that a diet low in protein can adversely affect bone and animal protein sources do contribute to body acidity to a greater extent than plant proteins.

When protein intake is high, this causes an excess of acid production in the body; an excess protein intake is considered “acid-forming.” The body’s chemistry cannot work well unless the pH balance is maintained. This means that if something you eat is acidic or generates acidity, then your body has to neutralize the blood to keep the pH balance stable.

Calcium is used to neutralize any extra acid that is formed in the body. This specific calcium is coming out of your bones.

Okay even if this was true...which it isn't by the way...why does only animal derived milk cause this?

Isn't almond milk just as high in protein as cow milk?

LOL. I find it funny how you're trying to say that science isn't true.

1 cup of Almond Breeze original almond milk has 1 g of protein. So no, absolutely not.
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Were we meant to consume twinkies or hershey chocolate bars? Because I ain't gonna stop consuming those!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I go with almond or soy milk now, because I have started reading 801010 and it made a great point.

Humans are the only animals in nature who will, on their own, seek out the milk of another animal to drink, which is true. Other people have made posts about how they fed cows milk to cats, or goats milk to pigs; but in nature that wouldn't happen. A cat wouldn't go and suckle a cow, and a pig wouldn't suckle a goat. We are the only species that choose to do so.
    Other species know that the best milk they can receive is from their mothers, as it is designed to provide them with all the nutrients that they need; hence the benefits of breast feeding a child until a certain stage in development.

Why?
    Why would we willingly seek out something designed by animals to feed their young?

Why would you eat something designed by animals to move it from one place to another (muscles/meat).

I don't any more.

Oh and humans aren't carnivores based on their basic design, and which parts of other animals we eat/how we eat them.

Yeah. We're omnivores. That's why we have canine teeth and why we still have a spleen, though now vestigle, that once helped us process raw flesh.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Bone is made up primarily of protein and calcium. Protein foods contain amino acids which are the building blocks for bone repair and maintenance. Many studies have shown that a diet low in protein can adversely affect bone and animal protein sources do contribute to body acidity to a greater extent than plant proteins.

When protein intake is high, this causes an excess of acid production in the body; an excess protein intake is considered “acid-forming.” The body’s chemistry cannot work well unless the pH balance is maintained. This means that if something you eat is acidic or generates acidity, then your body has to neutralize the blood to keep the pH balance stable.

Calcium is used to neutralize any extra acid that is formed in the body. This specific calcium is coming out of your bones.

Okay even if this was true...which it isn't by the way...why does only animal derived milk cause this?

1 cup of Almond Breeze original almond milk has 1 g of protein. So no, absolutely not.

So you are saying that a high protein diet causes blood acidification because the word "acid" is in the word amino acids. So people with high protein diets suffer from acidic conditions that lead to osteoperosis.

You know that is total malarkey right? Honestly...where did you get this from?
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I am most certainly not saying science isn't true I am saying that whatever you read on the internet isn't true.

Can you link to a single study supporting your claim that high protein diets cause osteoperosis via acidification of the blood?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i enjoy many milks.

i like to dunk oreos in whole milk.
    i like to use almond milk on my cereal.

sometimes i care about the calories, sometimes i dont.

that is my reasoning.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I really wish you could appreciate the irony of telling me that I don't know anything about science with regards to proteins but I am going to leave that to people who know me enough to know what I do to chuckle at that.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Think of all the hormones which are given to cows to make them Mass produce Milk!
    Think of Factory Farming...
    Think of the fact that Humans are the Only species which continue to Drink Milk as ADULTS -
    We do not need Cows milk !
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Seriously FatFreeFrolic could you just link to where you got this information from? I really want to read it. Don't worry if its a study from a journal that doesn't have public access, I have full access to most scientifically published journals and will have no problems pulling the article to read.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Think of all the hormones which are given to cows to make them Mass produce Milk!
    Think of the fact that Humans are the Only species which continue to Drink Milk as ADULTS -

We don't need kale either and that stuff is pretty healthy...
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know it's a bit of a gross-factor thing, but if you look at what's in milk (... pus) it can be rather nice to switch to non-dairy alternatives.

This is 100% true, but people don't want to know about it lol. I personally won't drink breast milk from an animal. Plant based milks are a healthier option overall.

Lol that is such a vivid picture! I'm imagining myself lying under a cow sucking on the udder. Adds a whole new perspective to cows milk!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

All I can think of is requiring licenses to use the internet.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Seriously FatFreeFrolic could you just link to where you got this information from? I really want to read it. Don't worry if its a study from a journal that doesn't have public access, I have full access to most scientifically published journals and will have no problems pulling the article to read.
    I have a feeling the information is from some "blog" post....... just a hunch
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's been said already, but unsweetened almond milk has a fraction of the calories and twice the calcium as cow's milk. I also generally find it tastier.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

CATS WENRT MENT 2 B DUMESTIKATED!

LIVE BY UR WERDZ!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I am most certainly not saying science isn't true I am saying that whatever you read on the internet isn't true.

Can you link to a single study supporting your claim that high protein diets cause osteoperosis via acidification of the blood?

Read on the internet? :laugh:

I study public health. Everything I've learned has come from textbooks and peer-reviewed studies.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

Here's a meta analysis on the acid ash hypothesis...

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/8/1/41
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Acid-base balance in the body is primarily achieved through the respiratory system and the kidneys.

Not sure where you are getting your scientific facts from.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's been said already, but unsweetened almond milk has a fraction of the calories and twice the calcium as cow's milk. I also generally find it tastier.

I think your first two points are worth mention. I do, however, disagree with your opinion that it tastes better. Speaking for my personal preference, of course.