Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • tessiebear40
    tessiebear40 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done :) Being polite about your family, they are just not used to the new you. If they had seen you every day while you were shaping up, nothing would have been said. You look so Happy and Healthy. Stay as you are going. :flowerforyou:
    Oh and my Mam's favourite saying (F**k the begrudgers)
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!! Nothing wrong with you at all, you look amazing from your weight loss. Maybe a bit of jealousy is playing in there with some of your family ?
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Families can be a total nightmare sometimes. Ignore them you look great, your face look great and I would kill for you flat tummy. My husband is the same as you. He has lost about 3 stone. His Dad used to always make comments about his weight but now he has lost weight and, like you, is exactly in the middle of a healthy BMI. They constantly tell him he is too thin, anorexic, needs to put on weight. I don't know if they just like being difficult, are jealous of his fitness and success or if it is because they live abroad and only see him every so often so notice the weight loss more. I'm not just saying it to be nice, but you look fantastic and I would pay good money for your figure so don't let them spoil you success :flowerforyou:
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Are your family looking at the same person we're looking at on here? I see a woman in great shape, who is happy with her body and how far she's come in her fitness journey.

This should all be about what YOU want to gain - you're at a healthy weight, a weight YOU aimed to be at and you seem determined to keep it up with your new healthy lifestyle.

I've always said that for me, MFP is about my body, my goals and my life. It should be the same for you - your body, your goals and your life.
    The only reason you should put on weight (as other posters have said) is if you were medically at risk or something. If not, keep up the good work and revel in the fact that you've reached your goal - don't let others pull you down.

Ok, I've rambled enough - well done!!:smile:
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. And that Desigual dress looks lovely on you.
  • Grumpyanon
    Grumpyanon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its because they have gotten used to seeing you when you were bigger. There are times when larger people lose a lot of weight and they look gaunt in the face because they went too far but you look fine.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You look great, but more importantly, this is about your health. It's weird, given their professions, that they are making this all about appearance and not about health. I also can't believe they told you you were too fat for ballet. Sounds pretty toxic. If any of my family were to say the word "ew" in relationship with my appearance, I think I'd be having a cry-fest. Please know that their opinions are totally without ground. Maybe if your dad had finished that PhD in Phys Ed, he would have gotten to the lesson that says, "don't bully people for being healthy."
  • princesswarrior1116
    princesswarrior1116 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with everyone else...you look amazing! Your family is probably just surprised at your new look and they made hurtful remarks in an attempt to get you to come to your senses and go back to what they are comfortable with. They'll get used to the new, gorgeous you eventually. If they don't come around? *kitten* 'em! Ignore the ridiculous criticisms and live your life the way you want to live it. Congratulations on your success!!!:flowerforyou:
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's natural to be upset by their comments. But it doesn't mean you have 'issues'; the 'issues' are all theirs. You look great, spot on!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, but you look AWESOME!!! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Great job!
  • reds_1
    reds_1 Posts: 59
    Options
    I think they are envious of your achievement... you look beautiful and healthy! And yes, I would have been hurt by my family commenting like that... hugs!

I agree with this!

It's important that you are happy in your own skin. Don't let other people take that away. Tell them that you have listened to what they have said, but right now you feel you're pretty kick *kitten* and so will be continuing to look this f*ucking good! Also, tell them that you have a few ideas about where they can shove their 'Ew'...
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    You look incredible and there are a lot of things I would love to say about your family but I'd rather not get a strike on MFP. How DARE they say stuff like that to you? Absolutely ridiculous! You really look great. I guess everyone has an opinion but they talk about you with everyone including your SIL?! Ummmm NO! I'm a smart *kitten* and would've said "but I have another 20 to go..." and then see what they say! Screw 'em! You look great and I can't wait until I'm in the healthy range right there with you!!!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Face, body and all!!

I even see ab muscles forming there! Stay where you are!! Your family will adjust. They may just need to get used to the new you.
  • Calamitycazza
    Calamitycazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look incredible now! Those things sound like they were said through jealousy. Of course it's easy to be put down by others about your weight when you've been dieting, especially family as they are supposed to be supportive towards you and your choices. Take no notice of what they say, you look great, all of us on here will agree to that and you feel great, don't let anyone tell you different! Congratulations on your weightloss! :) x
  • idatrvlr1
    idatrvlr1 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look amazing and it sounds like they have either some jealousy issue or an issue of they aren't doing what they need to be doing and you are putting that in their face , which they do not like. Keep up the good work, don't let others tell you what you need to feel or do. Follow your heart and be happy within yourself.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I was skyping my family the other night, and my Dad (an ex-OIympic and professional wrestler, and a former college and professional football player, who almost completed a Ph. D in Physical Education, so he knows a lot about fitness and diet), said to me, "We have all been talking about your weight. You look awful. You are too thin. Your sister in law Kim agrees, you look bad. We think you need to gain 15 lbs." And I said, "I have only lost 30 total - that would mean putting on half my weight back." And my sister, nurse with a Ph. D in nursing and long time Professor of nursing and medicine at various universities chimed in and said, "yah, you look awful - especially YOUR FACE! EW!"

I'm sorry, but that is a dreadful attitude to take. So much for supporting you to reach your goal (where you feel happy)?!

Well done you!
  • luvemso
    luvemso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You lookk absolutely FANTASTIC!
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey Voodoo! My wife and I agree - you look awesome!! Don't listen to the family; they clearly are envious / jealous of your accomplishment. Our families have said similar things to us at times and it's hard to figure where they are coming from, but we've learned to just ignore their ignorance. Again, you look great, so congratulations!!!!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    You are in no way too thin. You picked a great goal weight. They are just used to a heavier you, regardless of their education.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!