Freelee the Banana Girl

Options

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I know this is really immature, but every time I see the name "Freelee" it reminds me of that episode in the Simpsons where Bart prank calls Moe and gets him to yell for "I.P. Freely"
    I'm immature sometime's too. This is FUNNY!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    "moving around" burns way less calories than you think.

Its interesting to me that you took "You move more" to mean "moving around", which isn't what I meant.

Going for a 36 mile bike ride is moving more than an 18 mile bike ride. I've got 3 rides over 30 miles in the last 2 weeks. Last year I hadn't done any over 20 by this time (I keep a log). When I go out I feel compelled to go longer. And my recovery is way faster.

The one thing I'm working on is cutting out the alcohol. I've cut back, but need to eliminate. We'll see.
    I think you're drunk right now
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    So you bike ride that much a week.

I remember a guy who did the same thing you did. Ate the same way. Preached the same stuff. He hasn't been seen in almost a month.
    I was thinking just this.

Comes in with the "I do 80/10/10 and it's great" thing and fails to mention his lifestyle involves what most people would see as a need for a *lot* of carbs as 'fuel'.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    So you bike ride that much a week.

I remember a guy who did the same thing you did. Ate the same way. Preached the same stuff. He hasn't been seen in almost a month.
    I was thinking just this.

Comes in with the "I do 80/10/10 and it's great" thing and fails to mention his lifestyle involves what most people would see as a need for a *lot* of carbs as 'fuel'.
    Same as durianrider really. Telling people eating thousands and thousands of calories is completely fine and won't make you gain weight as long as it's fruit... while riding bike for hours on end every day.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    She's a riot to watch, but I'm not going to eat 30 bananas a day.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat
    and animal products don´t make you fat either.

What makes you fat is eating either one or all of them in an uncontrolled way. You can get fat from everything you eat out of control! If she eats like 1kg strawberries for breakfast, 4 bananas for lunch and a entire water melon for dinner she will be filled up and won't get fit because she is not overeating calorie wise....

I´m not too sure if cutting out so many things of your diet is healthy for most of us people. there are people only eating meat anymore, and people like banana girl... Maybe it´s good for their body. That doesn´t nessessarily mean that a diet like this is good for your body as well. I know it would make me feel really sick and poopy!

I personally need a lot of carbs. Otherwise my low blood pressure is going to kill me. I´d feel dizzy all day on a low carb diet. What is good for me might make you sick though. So I think you should try a diet that consists everything in regulation. Make sure that the meat you get is organic from animals that didn´t get fed that soy crap and you will be fine. Than make small changes and see how it makes you feel, Try and error....:flowerforyou:

It's good to restrict (or eliminate) cholesterol and saturated fat. That's proven science.

But cholesterol turns into testosterone, which give you more strength and muscle mass.

I eat 100g of fat a day and I think Im learner than you lol
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Any science for the claims? Or just opinions from youtube gurus?
    <
    Eats animal products daily makes one jacked and strong, science be damned!

I don't take advice from 20-30 year old guys who have abs. I was you 20 years ago dude. I'm more interested in thriving for another 30 years.

I listen to the 70-80 year old guys: T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Ellsworth Wareham. At least they are Doctors who've authored research papers.
    I am pretty sure that Campbell and the rest don’t subscribe to the view that a calorie isn’t a calorie and that only fat makes you fat. If you can point to their research that makes this point I will reconsider.The majority of their research is on causes of heart disease, cancers etc etc. I read the china study and don’t recall anything about only fat making you fat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,991 Member
    Options
    Any science for the claims? Or just opinions from youtube gurus?
    <
    Eats animal products daily makes one jacked and strong, science be damned!

I don't take advice from 20-30 year old guys who have abs. I was you 20 years ago dude. I'm more interested in thriving for another 30 years.

I listen to the 70-80 year old guys: T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Ellsworth Wareham. At least they are Doctors who've authored research papers.
    I am pretty sure that Campbell and the rest don’t subscribe to the view that a calorie isn’t a calorie and that only fat makes you fat. If you can point to their research that makes this point I will reconsider.The majority of their research is on causes of heart disease, cancers etc etc. I read the china study and don’t recall anything about only fat making you fat.
    Kool-aid makes the difference.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 80/10/10 for at least 6 months now, and recently started adding in calories. I eat about 3,000 per day; I'm a 55 year old male.
    I ride my bike about 75-100 miles (4-6 hours) per week on average.
    As Freelee says carbs don't make you fat. It's a big fallacy. Fat makes you fat. Animal products make you fat.
    A calorie is not a calorie. Fiber is essential. Also look at John McDougall's work.
    Another YouTube person to watch that will better explain is Jay at PlantbasedAthlete.

animal products make you fat.... .right....

because these hunter-gatherers are really, really, really fat, aren't they? :noway:

wokjvbtnxwdjdtuu4e92c68a162e4.jpg

I just want to say: I love your posts. :flowerforyou:
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

LOL .. I think you mean you listen to vegan propagandists who are funded by PETA, don't you? Nice try.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's good to restrict (or eliminate) cholesterol and saturated fat. That's proven science.
    Actually, it's not proven science. It never has been. It's two hypotheses (the lipid hypothesis and the diet-heart hypothesis) which, as-of yet, remain unproven.

Not only do they remain unproven, but the bulk of research done (over a billion dollars worth now) has, as point of fact, come to the OPPOSITE conclusion.

Dietary cholesterol has little-to-no effect on total serum cholesterol. Total serum cholesterol actually has no correlation to heart disease. Higher cholesterol numbers are related to LESS all-cause mortality.

As for fat, research is concluding now that meat and saturated fat are actually GOOD for you, especially if one also reduces refined carbohydrate. Replacing refined oils (such as margarine, corn oil, etc.) with saturated fat improves biomarkers for CVD, in point of fact.

Perhaps you should listen to research from unbiased sources instead of listening to old hypotheses repeated by PETA activists.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Come on people!

Carbs don't make you fat
    Fat doesn´t make you fat
    and animal products don´t make you fat either.

What makes you fat is eating either one or all of them in an uncontrolled way. You can get fat from everything you eat out of control! If she eats like 1kg strawberries for breakfast, 4 bananas for lunch and a entire water melon for dinner she will be filled up and won't get fit because she is not overeating calorie wise....

I´m not too sure if cutting out so many things of your diet is healthy for most of us people. there are people only eating meat anymore, and people like banana girl... Maybe it´s good for their body. That doesn´t nessessarily mean that a diet like this is good for your body as well. I know it would make me feel really sick and poopy!

I personally need a lot of carbs. Otherwise my low blood pressure is going to kill me. I´d feel dizzy all day on a low carb diet. What is good for me might make you sick though. So I think you should try a diet that consists everything in regulation. Make sure that the meat you get is organic from animals that didn´t get fed that soy crap and you will be fine. Than make small changes and see how it makes you feel, Try and error....:flowerforyou:

I'll just leave this here:
    The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease. Newer science, not from some random youtube guru
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303678404579533760760481486

That is not in conflict with anything I wrote... the Magic word is still MODERATION. If you live in the south and shovel corn muffins in your body every day.... even though it might fit in your macros it might be still not good for you, because depending on where you get them they contain so much butter that the butter still comes out even after baking!
    If you are eating food that lowers your cholesterol level for the rest of the day you still might be fine with the corn muffins... Or your genetic disposition makes your body handle cholesterol better than other ones...

I live in Germany and even with my diet BEFORE joining MFP I had no issues with anything beside low iron. So my non moderated diet was still keeping me healthy (just not thin :laugh: )

You cannot just take one principle that worked for one individual and copy it to the rest of the population. That´s not how this works. That´s not how our bodies work.
    I eat everything I want in moderation to make it fit in my macros and I just got my bloodwork back. My doc said it looks fabulous!

What the banana girl and so many other people do is missionizing. This is first of all dangerous for younger people that can be easier manipulated :devil: and second it is SO FREAKING DAMN BAD ANNOYING! :explode: They don´t say "hey this worked for me you might wanna try this and see how it affects your body" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO They want everybody to live exactly like they do.... Those people are exhausting....:huh:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

They all look like they could use a good turkey sammich.

:huh: I disagree. They all look fit and healthy to me.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

They all look like they could use a good turkey sammich.

:huh: I disagree. They all look fit and healthy to me.

I agree.. fit, lean and heatlhy on a diet that's rich in meat (including eating the whole animal, i.e. the fatty parts too) and also in vegetables. If it's the tribe I think it is then they also eat a lot of nuts, which are high in fat. Thus disproving the assertion that animal products and fat make people fat. (made by someone earlier in the thread which I posted the pic in response to)

The fact that they have to catch their food helps them stay lean - obesity in the west is caused by a combination of inactivity and being able to eat food in unlimited quantities.... it's not caused by any specific food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Unless we are monitoring that person 24/7, we really have no idea what she's eating. She may not be eating at all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    was this freelee chick fat before? what is the novelty? that she eats bananas? or lets us watch her mundane life?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    was this freelee chick fat before? what is the novelty? that she eats bananas? or lets us watch her mundane life?

I think she was slightly chubby at the most, then 'skinny fat'. The novelty is its an extreme diet that totes you can eat as much as you want and not get fat, given that you only eat raw fruit (and some vege?). The cost of food alone must be horrific...