Replies

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    *Edited to quote previous posts*
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Before I sold my HD Softail, when I rode out of my neighbourhood, it would set off car alarms, set dogs barking et al :) . I must admit that as loud as it was, it did save my life on several occasions. It is easier to dismiss motorcycles whilst in a car, but once you get into a sticky situation with one, one never forgets. At our rider's edge class, they brought in all kinds of vehicles and they would make us sit in there, while they placed a motorcycle at various points of lines of view - teaching blind and vantage spots and etc...that proved invaluable for me.

My CVO is not as loud as the Night Train, but it is loud nevertheless - as someone here said, "loud pipes save lives,"...I advocate for conspicuity...and I always have renewed appreciation/respect for other cyclists/pedestrians every time I am driving a car.

Loud pipes are great - it is those that rev up their engines constantly that irk me..or take off like they are on fire (if say, stopped at a light)
    Other miffs:
    1. Use of the word "like" (e.g., like come here... like I told him to, like, go away....like what are you looking for...)
    2. Answering in the form of a question (e.g., upon being asked to verify a date, "I believe it is on Wednesday?")
    3. The use of "uhm"..more-so, several times in a sentence
    4. People conversing/congregating in the hallways, leaving no room for others to pass, and one is then forced to pass in the middle of the group
    5. Drivers that cut one off, and those that do not use indicators
    6. Mobile phone use in the loo and while driving (no hands-free), texting while walking
    7. Littering
    8. Putting up feet on seats in the movie theater
    9. "Reply All" emails when unnecessary
    10. Humans being walked by their dogs (dogs pulling on the leash, way ahead of them, using flex leashes,, people talking to dogs/pets in annoying falsettos/baby voice, not securing their pet in their car yet claiming that is their baby...would you let your child run amok in the car while driving?)...worse still, while on their mobile phones - applying human psychology as opposed to dog psychology

Stepping off the soap box for now :drinker:
    I find people on those very very loud bikes absolutely annoying. I find it deafening and I think they just feel the need to compensate small reproductive organs with loud noise.

Loud pipes save lives, lady. It has nothing to do with genitalia.

Agree 100%! How many times have you not seen a motorcycle while driving? But if you hear one that is loud, you look twice. Heck, Loud pipes on a motorcycle should be mandatory on all street bikes.
    i absolutely agree with this. my boyfriend just got a bike, and i have a feeling i will end up being very grateful for how loud they are.

I am happy to report that I never had an "oh, ****" moment where I didn't notice a biker, someone on a bicycle or pedestrian.
    I also don't mind them so much when I am in my own car with the windows closed, but it is very annoying as a pedestrian. You as the rider have a helmet on and might not hear it as loud especially as the noise comes out behind you. I

By your theory if I have a quiet car I should drive around honking the whole time. i might try that. Or maybe I will honk when I pass you by. i bet you will thank me :)

Believe me, it's just as loud directly on top of the bike as it is next to it.

I'm glad that you have such excellent situational awareness that you've never not noticed a biker, but a lot of people don't. I'd rather mildly annoy pedestrians with loud pipes than have someone multitasking in their car not notice my bike in the lane that they decide to merge into without looking because they think it's clear.

As far as honking your horn goes, if you want to go around antagonizing bikers, then that's on you, madam.
    [/quote]
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    When you let someone in and they don't give you a "thank you wave".
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    BOREDOM!
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Count down time left on a microwave not in use. There's a clock on the darn thing for a reason. Clear the timer when your done.

OMG, I thought it was just me!

Ugghh This irks me too!!