NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My NSV would have to be my total turn around when it comes to soda. I used to LOVE Dr. Pepper and drank at least 1 can (usually 2-3 cans) a day! I have now been "clean" for about 2 1/2 months! I don't even crave them anymore. In fact, had a sip of my brother's soda the other day and nearly gagged. Still love my sweet iced tea, but hey, no more soda required! Yeah!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've become a fan of water. I drink 8-8oz glasses a day. Before July 2010, I never ever drank water.
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today I tightened my belt to the tightest notch! Comfortably! Prior to losing any weight I would be at maybe the third notch. I also can button a pair of pants I had purchased too small so I can gauge my size reduction. These are really exciting, but I'm still becoming impatient to be at my goal :)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My brother chose a Mexican restaurant for our dinner out tonight, and I'm pleased that 1) I got a to-go box with my meal, and put half aside for tomorrow's dinner before I started eating, and 2) I ordered vegetable fajitas without tortillas, guac or sour cream...and it was lovely ( and will make tasty leftovers tomorrow!)
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 12 jeans... I use to wear 18!
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    I am down to a 36 inh waist froma 46 seven months ago
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For once I have nothing to wear, not because It's all to small, but everything I own is now to big!!!
  • blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get there! Thanks for sharing!
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I went to the gym today and did interval training on the elliptical for 15 minutes (and burned 150 calories!) then I decided to run on the track with my boyfriend. At first, we jogged a lap, then walked a lap, and alternated between that until we had jogged 5 laps and walked 5 laps. Then we took a 5 minute break and got up to run again and at the end of the first lap, I decided to try one more (even though I felt like I was going to die! lol) and at the end of the second lap I decided to go for another, and another, until I had finished 15 laps (1.25 miles)! I'm not a runner at all, so I was really proud of myself when I had finished 10 laps! I stayed at a very slow, but steady jog and pushed through the pain and it felt great to know that it really IS all mind over matter!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    When I was able to do some tough poses in yoga like a semi-headstand and balancing my whole body on the ball of one foot! Very cool!
  • antipholous
    Options
    Today my neighbor (who I barely know) came over to me as I was getting in my car to drive to my gym. He knocked on my window, startled me, and when I rolled down my window he said, "I thought that was you!"

After a moment of talking it turns out he'd been seeing me at the gym fairly frequently, but my apperance had changed so much he wasn't sure if I was me anymore. He'd wanted to talk to me at the gym, but he was too afraid that he'd be starting a conversation with a total stranger and embarrass himself.

Needless to say, I was thrilled ^_^
  • virginiaduty
    virginiaduty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WHEN I STARTED OUT I WAS A SIZE 22 PANTS 9 MONTHS LATER I AM A SIZE 14 I FEEL GREAT . I HAVE TO TELL YOU WHEN I WAS 38YRS OLD AND A SIZE 8 I HAD A CRUSH ON THIS PERSON I WENT THROUGH A DIVORCE AND MET MY NOW HUBBY BUT THIS PERSON REALLY WANTED TO DATE ME BUT NEVER TOLD ME THEN AND I WAS ALREADY DATING MY HUBBY AT THAT TIME ~~~~~OVER THE PAST I HAVE SEEN HIM ONCE AND I WAS VERY BIG AT THE TIME HE ALWAYS SMILED AND WAS VERY POLITE ~~~~WELL I WAS AT A FRIENDS HOUSE AND HE WALKED RIGHT BYE ME THE OTHER DAY AND STOPED AND TURNED AROUND AND SAID !!!~~~~~~OMG I DID NOT EVEN RECOGNIZE YOU WOW VIRGINIA YOU LOOK GREAT.ARE YOU STILL WITH HIM ~~~I SAID YES HE HUGGED ME AND WE TALKED .~~~~~YOU GUYS IT FELT GREAT TO HEAR HIM SAY I LOOKED GREAT!! JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT LITTLE STORY~~~HE WAS THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!
  • antipholous
    Options
    Bump
  • dustiemorris
    Options
    I would have to say, just sticking to this and not letting myself down, im going on 2 months and that is victory to me:happy:
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    Love this topic!

1. Haven't eaten a single bit of junkfood or candy in 7 days.
    2. Didn't eat fast food or pizza, despite serious temptations either.
    3. Stuck through it when I felt like I was starving to death, or made a healthy choice.
    4. Dusted off the Wii for the first time in over a year and actually did 36 minutes of light exercise.

3494940.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    Skipped out on oreos and milk at our welcome back building meeting (for my dorm) and didn't even think twice about it! I also did 60 minutes on the ellipticals today (even worked my way up to a resistance level of 18!) and then did level 2 of 30 Day Shred in the evening! I'm feeling really great!
  • DijanaN
    Options
    I work in retail and today at work a customer returned this little blazer. She said that it was too small on her and that it would look really nice on me. I looked at her and the size on the blazer (size small) and uncomfortably smiled thinking to myself there is no way a size small would fit me. I threw it into our pile of returns and my co-worker picked it up to hang it, turned to me and said "this would look great on you, try it on". I tried to avoid trying it on but shes ruthless. I got it on and could not believeeee that it fit. IT EVEN ZIPPED UP!!! What an amazing feeling especially because the scale hasn't budged much. I also have been feeling great about waking up in the morning and exercising and drinking only water (<---coca-cola addict). I love this topic because it is so much more than losing weight, its about feeling great about yourself and the little things you accomplish. Good luck to everyone on your journey!!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I work in retail and today at work a customer returned this little blazer. She said that it was too small on her and that it would look really nice on me. I looked at her and the size on the blazer (size small) and uncomfortably smiled thinking to myself there is no way a size small would fit me. I threw it into our pile of returns and my co-worker picked it up to hang it, turned to me and said "this would look great on you, try it on". I tried to avoid trying it on but shes ruthless. I got it on and could not believeeee that it fit. IT EVEN ZIPPED UP!!! What an amazing feeling especially because the scale hasn't budged much. I also have been feeling great about waking up in the morning and exercising and drinking only water (<---coca-cola addict). I love this topic because it is so much more than losing weight, its about feeling great about yourself and the little things you accomplish. Good luck to everyone on your journey!!

I LOVED this! Congratulations!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    These are so fun to read :)

I was out in tight yoga capris (definitely not the most concealing) and I totally had this guy giving me the "I've never seen a girl before" look. For winter that might as well been looking hot in a swimsuit. I almost burst out laughing, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings lol. The other is mid-conversation I was saying how my ribcage measurement is the same as my 14yo sister, but everywhere else I'm bigger and the other person said.."well I don't know really..." omgosh. My sister wears a size 14 in girl's jeans and my lovely friend thought we were about the same size! Totally wrong but I will certainly take it :D
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My latest non-scale victory is I have lost quite a few inches and now my breasts look huge :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!