NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Another NSV. Yesterday when I got out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around my WHOLE body, and tucked it in! And then last night, my size 18 jeans fit. I know that 18s aren't good, but they are a LONG way from where I've come. Started out in 24w, then 22w, skipped right over the 20w. So glad I can wear my 18s and sit down, and cross my legs in them. Oh, and btw, it won't but much longer before I'm singing that song.....walking in a Winter Onederland! Hopefully by Christmas!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    NSV - I lost 2.4% body fat in the last two months!! I went from 27.2% down to 24.8%! Yay for me! Now that I am in the healthy range for women I am going to shoot for the low end of the range -- 20% here I come!
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

I would have to say that the best NSV I've experienced is how much more energy I have for my husband, children and my personal activities/responsibilities. I would hand out in my robe till 10am; then rush like a madman to get the basics done.

Now, working out at 6am, I'm bursting full of energy by the time I wake my hubby and kids at 7am and start tackling my day right away!! I get SOOO much more done, feel satisfaction for that, and am- in general, much more thankful for everything. The weight coming off is great; but how my family says I've changed makes it WORTH IT! :D
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I found myself running on the treadmill, yes running!! I've been racewalking now for about three months and felt like I wasn't getting good enough work out, felt like I wasn't doing enough to get my heart rate up. So...I started running and it felt so good. :smile:
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am wearing my two favorite belts on the tights hole now. Maybe soon I will fit in the smaller size belts I previously had grown out of.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great victories by all.

My latest NSV was having to tighten the chest strap for the HRM. :drinker:
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    There has been eggnog in my house for 2 full weeks and I haven't had a sip of it.
    I haven't touched my daughter's Halloween candy.
    I worked out 4 days this week, and am planning on doing it again tomorrow.
    I shrunk one of my favorite shirts and was devestated....till I put it on and realized it fit! It looks good on me too! YAY!
    I ran up the stairs at my house and didn't feel like I was going to die.
  • dmossett
    Options
    I managed to fit back into my skinny jeans this week. Granted they were still a bit snug but at least I didn't have to worry about the button flying across the room! When I first started I couldn't get them over my hips. Hopefully I can wear them comfortably in a couple of weeks.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Another NSV. Yesterday when I got out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around my WHOLE body, and tucked it in! And then last night, my size 18 jeans fit. I know that 18s aren't good, but they are a LONG way from where I've come. Started out in 24w, then 22w, skipped right over the 20w. So glad I can wear my 18s and sit down, and cross my legs in them. Oh, and btw, it won't but much longer before I'm singing that song.....walking in a Winter Onederland! Hopefully by Christmas!

I am right there with you on the verge of ONEderland, hopping to make it by Christmas too..
    Good luck!!!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Made a new hole to my belt today!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sharing my Lindt Advent calendar instead of having it all to myself :)
  • dopey1632
    Options
    Had my first NSV yesterday. A few months ago I was in a parking garage and had to take 4 flights of stairs up to get to my car. Needless to day I was really winded and had to stop at the top to catch my breath. Yesterday I was in the same parking garage and again had to take 4 flights of stairs to get to my car. I got to the top and kept walking to my car without stoping to catch my breat- and then it hit me! I was not winded at all - and I was carying on a converstation while taking the stairs!!!! I have only lost 17 pounds and still have a long way to go, but yesterday I realized how much every pound counts :) Thanks for letting me share!
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Found myself in a panic this morning coz suddenly none of my works pants fit and it was a struggle to find something to wear!!

I was sick for a large part of last week, so spent quite a bit of time off work, obviously not able to get to gym either and was really nervous that this might affect my weightloss...however, last week my pants still fit, albeit rather loosely - this morning, NOT SO!!! They were literally falling off me...

Evidently, I need to go shopping :laugh: What a chore.... :tongue: hahaha!!

YAYAYAY FOR NSV'S!!!!! :drinker:
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My NSV is stepping out of the bath or shower and having the towel actually wrap around my body! Might sound silly, but I was so happy when it actually wrapped all the way around and tucked in :) No more buying extra large towels or hoping that it will just reach around my body :)
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I put a last years bikini and board shorts on and they were miles too big.... and i didn't cringe when i looked in the mirror to see how the bikini fit. :drinker:
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    My NSV for today? I haven't quit doing this thing yet! And, as of yesterday it's been 8 months since my last cigarette!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    A non scale victory was today I put on a two piece bathing suit and loved what I saw in the mirror. My abs are slooooowwwwly beginning to return. I think I actually saw a "2 pack".....LOL. My girlfriends and I are heading to Jamaica in July and this is exactly the motivation I need to stay focused.
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My NSVs:

I ran a half-marathon in November (I like running events)
    Aside from running, I've actually felt motivated to work-out, including weight-lifting
    Less than 300 calories for my lunch today!
    I still have 800 calories to go today, and I haven't exercised yet!
    I'm starting P90X today or tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it.
    I didn't eat Panda Express for lunch, although that was all I could think of before lunch.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    NSV-- My hips don't have bruises any more from banging into counter tops and doorknobs! Ow, it used to be OW.
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    My favorite NSV was when I played racquetball for the first time and realized after a couple of hours I still wasn't exhausted. I was tired but I could have kept going!!!

My second favorite is going hiking and not having my knees hurt by the time I'm done.

Lastly I love the look on my co-workers faces (the are you nuts look) when I turn down free food, deserts and such at work. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!