NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can now eat "junk" food in moderation, as a treat, instead of a staple. That's huge for me,

YES! Me too =D I'm always rushing, single & live alone - so fell into the habit of dinner "quick fixes"...no point in cooking for one right!? WRONG!!!!! Also doesn't help that I really REALLY like junk food :/ Anyway, I grabbed a popular chain's burger meal on the way home from work a couple of weeks back - when I sat down to have my dinner, I took one bite of the burger, decided it wasn't worth it, and promptly binned the whole lot! YAY FOR NSV's!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.

I can wear my wedding ring

My size 14 jeans are no longer to tight to be safely worn in public.:smile:
  • canieatnomore
    Options
    1)14 days without chocolate! That's a life record for me!

2)My hubby had a pizza delivered twice this week and I didn't have any! Not even a bite!

PS I love this thread!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Great thread!

I have lost 1.5 inches in my hips, 1 inch from each thigh, and 1 inch from waist.
    I turned down a root-beer float last night.
    My work pants are starting to feel a little bigger.

Yet notice that my ticker hasn't moved........ still no lbs. lost!!??

GoGo, Do not be discouraged by the scale not moving. You are most likley losing in inches and other measurements (really, 1.5 in the hips and also the thighs? thats HUGE and should definitely be celebrated) , you body is in the process of converting fat to muscle, which is a good thing :) makes you stronger and more able to keep going...

AWESOME.

Cheers
    WR

Do not fret at the scale

Thanks WR,

The inches lost is the only thing that has really kept me going! I am definitely celebrating!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I went to a wedding on Saturday night where they had bowls of Hershey's Kisses on every table. From 4pm until midnight, I only had 4 !!!!!! Definitely a NSV for me! Before I would have eaten one right after the other all night long!
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I have more energy, less pain, feel better. I don't like eating garbage high fat food anymore. (Other than M & Ms).

BMW6Series
  • dbrady102
    dbrady102 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great Thread! I have a few since I started:

1. I had gotten so big that getting in a booth at a restaurant was scary and I will never have to worry about that again! I felt so great the first time I got into a booth and I saw how far the table was from my stomach.

2. I can walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath when before just one flight and I would be winded.

3. I have normal blood pressure for the first time in over 3 years and my doctor is not going to put me on blood pressure medicine now! She had told me in August that I had to get it down or else it was time for meds. That's when I joined this website.

4. The best one is my daughter looks at me differently now. I think the better shape I get in the prouder she'll be and that makes all the difference in the world. I don't think she really ever believed me when I told her I was an athlete too when I was young because I had let myself go so much. Now I've shown her that the hard work she's doing now in sports will need to continue in different ways to stay healthy later in life and she doesn't seem to mind the work outs as much anymore.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am comfortably wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in over a year! woot!
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

-I can now do some of the really hard exercise DVD's that used to nearly kill me!
    -I stopped taking the elevator at work, and I work on the 7th floor! Used to wind me, now I barely breathe heavy at the top.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I just made a veggie casserole that I've never made before and actually got it into the oven without tasting:tongue:
  • marsbar_0789
    Options
    I used to be able to drink up to 4 cans of coke a day easily, today i took a sip of coke didn't really like the taste of it, put it back and picked up my bottle of water instead!!!! Hurray!!!!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I put on a bra that used to be to small around the band and now I am on the last hooks.

I turned down pizza and rocky road yesterday and I turned down brownies today.

I played outside with my son in the snow for 30 mins with out a hint of being winded

I can talk through an hour on the elliptical
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    A lady came up to me at the gym and asked if I was a trainer. I said no. She said i should be and asked if I would develop a workout plan for her. She even offered to pay, which I politely declined and said I would be happy to do it anyway.
  • michele0101
    Options
    Not feeling like a bug flipped over on it's back while getting out of bed.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Laying in bed with my honey & having him say, "I like this part of you": my hip bone. *cheers*
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    another one i thought of today!
    i can cross my legs now without leaning on a buttcheek, hahahha
  • dbrady102
    Options
    Not feeling like a bug flipped over on it's back while getting out of bed.

LOL!!!
  • dbrady102
    Options
    another one i thought of today!
    i can cross my legs now without leaning on a buttcheek, hahahha

Now this is one I am DEFINATELY looking forward to!
  • braindeadanne
    Options
    I went shopping for a dress for a ball and took six dresses into the changing room, and one by one as I tried them on my friends had to go out and change them for a smaller size. What a great feeling :smile:
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I can see my cheekbones again... they are coming back!!! :love: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!