NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was able to fit into a size smaller jeans last night!! Well.. maybe 'fit' is a little kind... I was able to zip a size smaller jeans.. hahahaha
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1. Car seat belt isn't tight anymore
    2. wrist bones!
    3. Collar bones!
    4. Wore a jacket that I haven't fit in comfortably since college
  • IceFaith
    Options
    I reached up to scratch around my shoulder area and felt something. Upon further inspection, lol, I discovered my bones where showing. I looked at my bf and said, Since when did I get bones?? He laughed.

When falling asleep at night I have to adjust the way that I am accustomed to laying because my knee bones poke me, or my hip bones start getting uncomfortable.

I can move around easier.

My chair is kinda old and has a worn spot where I sit..well that spot is certainly not as comfortable as it used to be..lol
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Seeing 3 military members come and go while I am still running on the track the whole time.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    NSV #1: I lost an inch around my waist.

NSV #2: I pulled out a skirt that is a size 6 petite today. It didn't fit so great not so long ago, and today, it was fine. :-)

NSV #3: I haven't had a soda in weeks! I was so tempted to buy one at Target Saturday afternoon, but I put it back in the case.

NSV #4: I'm working out 6 days a week now.
  • Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My NSV is doing a 9:40 minute mile the other day! I started out with about an 11:45 just a couple weeks ago. It's crazy how much I've improved! Can't wait to see more improvement!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I was poking around on all my fat spots (don't ask) and i felt something strange on my side...really felt weird. THEN I realized it was my oblique. I have had such thick love handles I don't know if I ever felt them before. :laugh:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Today I did a walk that was twice as far as what I have been walking. When I first started I had been struggling to do that little walk. Today I felt amazing.
  • Jillian0708
    Options
    well i would say my nsv is buttoning my pants and crying in excitement and my 3 yr old she said mom its ok we can buy more :) she didnt know i was crying tears of happiness lmao i love her so much !!!!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    well i would say my nsv is buttoning my pants and crying in excitement and my 3 yr old she said mom its ok we can buy more :) she didnt know i was crying tears of happiness lmao i love her so much !!!!

Aww, how cute is your daughter? :-)
  • Amimiza
    Options
    I was looking for some jeans this morning, but couldn't find any clean ones. I was going to just find some loose sweatpants, but instead I tried a pair of jeans that hasn't fit in years - and it fit perfectly!

I don't hate seeing mirrors any more.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I was looking for some jeans this morning, but couldn't find any clean ones. I was going to just find some loose sweatpants, but instead I tried a pair of jeans that hasn't fit in years - and it fit perfectly!

I don't hate seeing mirrors any more.

That is GREAT!!!! keep up the good work!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    tonight my hubby handed me his sweatshirt to wear and I said it won't fit, please get mine. He said try it. I did and IT FIT!!!! Comfortably even, not even tight. I am so excited. He is still smaller than me, but I am getting there!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    tonight my hubby handed me his sweatshirt to wear and I said it won't fit, please get mine. He said try it. I did and IT FIT!!!! Comfortably even, not even tight. I am so excited. He is still smaller than me, but I am getting there!

Fantastic!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Tonight working out I was doing curls and I saw some veins. Mind you I don't want to look like a walking embolism, but the appearance means the fat is slowly melting away.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I run for 30 minutes before teaching my Zumba class! :drinker:
    When I was at the beginning, I was looking at my Zumba instructors working out before teaching the class and I thought they were aliens!:laugh:
  • Candypoetrygirl
    Candypoetrygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My NSV was hearing my daughter's say "I can't wait for mommy to get gym cards for us !" and I always used to hear people talk about a 'mind shift' and I HAD IT!
    I am ENJOYING exercising and thinking about calorie consumption which is a big NSV for me!
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today....so that is my NSV for now!!! I tracked my food for the day and have been busy reading posts and blogs and getting my profile done!! I'm excited about keeping on track and sending these extra pounds packing!!

I did WW several years ago and lost over 60 pounds---but they all found their way back again and brought friends!! I want to get back to where I was when I lost that weight....and I am determined to do it!!!!

Great topic!! Lots of things to celebrate!!!!
  • mamastuck
    Options
    I have sucessfully completed my 10 day no soda challenge!. And thats going from almost a case a day to zip zero nada!
  • canieatnomore
    Options
    I have NEVER exersised before in my life! Even during school (15 years ago!) I always found excuses to skip class! I ve been logging for 10 days and since day 2 I started exersising...6 days/week! I have never imagine I would ever do something like that...and it feels GREAT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!