NSV - Non Scale Victories

Replies

• kar74
    kar74 Posts: 49
    Great idea! My NSV happened this week. I was able to pull my size 16 jeans off - without unbuttoning them!

I had that same experience just last week - awesome feeling! :happy: I will still wear my 16s when I'm feeling a little "fluffy," but I LOVE that I'm fitting back into the 14s that have been stashed away in my closet for well over a year.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Two holes down on my belt :-)
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Great idea!
    My NSV came the other day when I was able to keep up with one of my exercise DVD that I haven't been able to complete since BK - before kids - 7 years ago :bigsmile:
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    So Many NSV's - This is awesome!

Certainly a lot of motivation and inspiration here!

Can't wait till my jeans just "slip off" or moving the notches in my belt!

So much to look forward too, so much MORE to celebrate! Way to go everyone!!!!

Cheers
    WR
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    NSV - I actually look forward to my exercise time and feel so good for doing it. Before, I could never seem to find the time to do it and if did I was counting the seconds until it was over.
  • You're adorable! That is a really cute profile picture. :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    This morning I tried on jeans that I bought a few years ago, but never could fit. They fit this morning, but I can't wear jeans to work today!!!
  • WhiteRaven
    This morning I tried on jeans that I bought a few years ago, but never could fit. They fit this morning, but I can't wear jeans to work today!!!

Great Job! - Think about the next time that you can wear those jeans !

I am looking forward to fitting into what my BF calls my "Hot Pants" hahahaha getting there slowly!!!

Cheers.
  • I used to find a cardio machine far away from others, now I want to be around everyone else. It motivates me. :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I used to find a cardio machine far away from others, now I want to be around everyone else. It motivates me. :)

Tell me about it. Sometimes I get on the treadmill by the skinny chick that is jogging. That forces me to jog too!
  • Last night after dinner, the dishwasher was still running so our plates and cups, etc., were sitting on the table (don't you hate mis-timing dishwasher cycles??). The old me would have left it until tomorrow and just plopped into my favorite chair until bed, from sheer exhaustion. Instead, I busied myself with the pots, pans, serving dishes, made the school/work lunches for the next day, cleaned up the kitchen, unloaded the clean dishes and reloaded the dishwasher, so that I didn't have to come down to a dirty kitchen in the morning!
  • I have popped out of bed and gone to the gym first thing a couple times this week.
    I have not binged in a whole week (my friend asked me to a BUFFET last Wednesday)
    I have logged in and written down ALL my food for 40 days ... the longest by far that I have ever charted food.
    I am 48 seconds away from achieving my first "learning how to run" goal of run/walking a 5K in less than 37 minutes (5mph average pace).
    I raised my exercise goal last week to 225 minutes per week and I exceeded it. Two days into a new week and I am up to 120 minutes.
    I no longer have the delusion that I am overweight because there is something wrong with my body. It is clear to me that I am overweight because I consistantly overate. I would not have known that without honestly counting these calories for the past 40 days.
    My new school cafeteria meal is a big soup. It has about 600 calories -- my old staples were chinese food (~2500 cals.), burrito bowl (~1100 cals) or chili cheese fries (~1500).
    My boyfriend finally stopped bringing ice cream home, and I have been telling him to take his candy to his office. Our home is mostly filled with really healthy things. (I still eat junk -- but my intake goes down a lot when it is not in the house).
    I have hope that I am making changes that will allow my body to heal after years of yo yo dieting.
    HW: 243 MFPSW: 225 CW: 221 GW: 140 Height: 5'8"
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Mine are working out and feeling great even though I am worn out and my clothes getting looser and looser on me. :smile:
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Two holes down on my belt :-)

This is mine, too! I bought a 34 belt the other day and I'm on the second-to-last hole on it now. I was wearing 38 when I started.
  • WhiteRaven
    My latest NSV (NON - SCALE - VICTORY)

I forgot to put my belt on when going to work.

and ALL FREAKIN day I was pulling my pants up cause they kept falling down. It was just crazy. Finally I had to go the the back room and get some twine to use as a belt (Dollar store next door only had small kids belts) even then it didn't work to well, but helped a little.

So thats My NSV :)

Whats Yours?
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    I'm finding myself making better food choices...

BIG NSV yesterday was that my doctor said that I'd looked like I'd lost weight WITHOUT looking at my chart...and she saw me 6 wks ago. I even had on winter clothes (it was 33 at the time).

Shopping for smaller jeans and trying on smaller clothes that looked good versus "muffin top".

Having a cute guy at the gym say "hi" to me while on a treadmill after he picked the one next to me...with the whole row empty :smile:
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    One of mine is:

having the lady at the restaurant cantina asking me if I had my hair cut. I haven't changed hair length nor style for at least 3 weeks, so she must have seen a change in my head/face and didn't know where it comes from.

I smiled and enjoyed :-)

MM
  • PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Having the self-control to not eat late in the evening is making a definite difference for me! (I'm a natural night-time eater)
  • what a great post idea! My NSVs: I can run now. Actually run! And (gasp) I enjoy it. I run on Sundays with my suprt-skinny friend, and I coach her through the whole thing. I can't believe it's me doing that.

My sillouhette is really changing -- much more pulled in, less slouching. All my clothes feel comfortable if not loose.

My boos said the other day (in a nice way) 'your clothes are getting to big for you, Joy!' (and I looked down and realised they were:-))
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Thank you for coming up with this idea. I'm just starting, but my victory this morning was being up before my alarm went off so I could come here and seek motivation for the day. You have all given it to me. Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!