NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Last night, my pedometer said that I had walked 23000 steps.
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This is such a great topic, thanks so much for taking the time to post it.

I can't even tell you how stoked I am, words just can't even describe this feeling. I just completed 12 consecutive days of working out to the 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals. Level 1 is completed and tomorrow I am moving on to level 2. This is a big deal because not since I have been a teenager have I consistently committed to exercising like I am now. I have had a horrible cold and yet still I set the alarm for 5:45AM each morning and get out of bed and push through it. Y'all don't understand what a huge accomplishment this is for me! I am not a morning person at all but it is the only time I can commit to exercise. Even my cat is surprised to see me so early in the morning.

I am currently chair dancing, maybe it is a good thing y'all can't see me...
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Did 5 miles on the treadmill two nights ago. I've never gone that far or that fast before. I had an awesome sweat going and i LOVED it. When I was cheerleading in highschool I didnt have nearly the stamina that I do now because I didnt eat this well and I certainly didnt drink this much water. But now water is my "go to" beverage! I love this post btw.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My NSV: I need a new belt to hold up the jeans I took out of the dryer (!) this morning.
  • shanellereena
    Options
    I just achieved a NSV of burning 3973 calories in a week! I actually set the goal at 3500 and went over.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    So, here are mine.........

1. Have not eatten any fast food burgers in over 2 months....had to eat out once...and had a grilled chicken sandwich, dry and the bun was not grilled either!!!!
    2. My favorite pants were too big on me this morning........felt like I have been wearing them for three days already..and they were fresh out of the dryer!!!
    3. I have worked out for 19 days in a row.........
    4. saved over $130 since November by not eatting out at breakfast and lunch!!!! * I think I need to go shopping for a new pair of favorite jeans!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love this topic. :)

My latest NSV-- I quit my job and started up my own business pet sitting and dog walking. Tromping around the woods with dogs is so much better for my health (physical and mental!) than my old job. :)

This is something I never would have done before I found this site and got myself in shape. I'm more confident than I have been in my entire life, and all those nagging fears of failure that used to keep me from doing something risky and crazy like quitting a steady job in the middle of a recession in order to do something that will make me happy seem smaller now.
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Mine would have to be that my friend bought me this sweater for Christmas and I just realized that the tag said SMALL! I don't think I've ever worn a small! So not only did I fit into it, but the fact that my friend thought I was small enough to fit into a small, was even more of a "victory". :)
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a person who never worked out to a person that has worked out the last 6 days. And when I don't feel like it I'm motivated enough to do it anyway. I've shocked myself at how well I've been doing.
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    My NSV today was that I was able to put on a pair of jeans that were way to tight in the past and they fit perfectly if not a little loose!!!! I am so excited!

Plus when going out to my favorite Mexican place at lunch today instead of ordering the chimichanga I ordered the carne asada, avoided the rice and beans and only had 8 chips with salsa!!!!
  • mrogus
    Options
    My NSV today was that I was able to put on a pair of jeans that were way to tight in the past and they fit perfectly if not a little loose!!!! I am so excited!

Plus when going out to my favorite Mexican place at lunch today instead of ordering the chimichanga I ordered the carne asada, avoided the rice and beans and only had 8 chips with salsa!!!!
  • mrogus
    Options

• mrogus
    Options
    YEah techinical difficulties!!! Sorry for posting 3 times :laugh:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    My NSV this week, I took the stairs instead of the elevator while taking my newborn to the DR. 4 flights, there and back twice. :smile:
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is the first holiday season ever where I enjoyed myself (in moderation) but didn't move into that mode of "I've gained a few pounds, I might as well give up". I knew I would lose the weight once I got back into my normal routine (which did happen). Never once did I feel guilty about eating holiday treats.
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    Today, I ate Kentucky Fried Chicken, and remembered to take off the skin/fat/dressing.
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Another NSV I have to mention is that I started doing the 30 day shred again to supplement my aerobics class and I have been KICKING BUTT! I'm starting with level 1 but am finding that I can do MORE than what they are doing and don't feel as if I'm going to die when I'm done! I love this new me! :bigsmile:
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a new NSV today...I am wearing a sweater that has been too small for about 2 years & a shirt that I have never been able to wear b/c it was too short, I have it on today & my hubby said - "WOW, where did this sexiness come from?" I am so excited to see these NSV's...always looking for more.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I went to the grocery store today hungry (I know, bad idea!) and bypassed the cookies, the brownie mix that was on sale and all of the samples! It was sooooo hard but I feel awesome that I did it.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My NSV, is that the ring that I am wearing is starting to fit me loose! I know it might not seem like much but it kind of made my day. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!