where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hi Just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I went to luluemon on the weekend and it cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants. Does anyone else find that expensive? It seem most people at my gym get their workout clothes there.
    It just seems expensive to me. Anyone have suggetions of where they shop that doesnt cost arm and leg and doesnot look cheap?

$165 for one shirt and a pair of pants makes me want to vomit.

Go to Old Navy, JCP, Target and TJ Maxx.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Target
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    What's the deal on Old Navy? All the exercise stuff is racerback. Maybe a dumb question, but what do you do with a regular bra? I don't do high impact, so I don't have a sports bra, let alone a racerback bra.

Maybe I am missing something, but why do you have to wear a racerback bra with it? My sports bra is shaped exactly like a regular bra and i wear it with racerback tanks... :huh:
    I know that many women do not mind if their bra straps show , but others do. If you have lager boobs, the good supportive bras have wider straps. I personally I do not like to show those.
  • dkemple1
    dkemple1 Posts: 65
    Options
    I love Marshall's for exercise wear, they have a good selection at the one I shop at and you can find good deals. I don't buy expensive workout clothing because it just doesn't make sense. I also like the Danskin sports bras that they carry at Wal-Mart. They're $11.94 and I find them to be comfortable and easy to get on and off. I don't like to wear a regular bra to the gym, because they don't often provide enough support even for light cardio and I hate it when the straps fall down over your shoulder.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    What's the deal on Old Navy? All the exercise stuff is racerback. Maybe a dumb question, but what do you do with a regular bra? I don't do high impact, so I don't have a sports bra, let alone a racerback bra.

Maybe I am missing something, but why do you have to wear a racerback bra with it? My sports bra is shaped exactly like a regular bra and i wear it with racerback tanks... :huh:
    I know that many women do not mind if their bra straps show , but others do. If you have lager boobs, the good supportive bras have wider straps. I personally I do not like to show those.

two shirts?
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of TJ Maxx and Marshalls, you can get name brands there for the cheap. I also love Old Navy stuff
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

One of those things I'd never think a bad thought about someone else for doing, but I just could NEVER...I would feel weird!
  • queenb39
    queenb39 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with Walmart.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of stuff either used, cheap or free; ebay, TJ Maxx, and coupons. I have TONS of exercise stuff !!!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just wear old t-shirts, shorts or leggings I already had.. i have bought a few shirts I found at Burlington Coat Factory that my have cost me about $30 for 3 of them... it's not a fashion show...
  • susanwair
    susanwair Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Gap -On Line- they are not super expensive-but an investment just the same- but you cannot kill them- I buy when they are having a sale...the black workout pants hold you in and never fade...genius:happy:
  • gav25091129
    gav25091129 Posts: 11
    Options
    That's mental, I wear old combats that are cut down and a vest, it's the trainers I'm more interested in gotta look after the body.

All about the training... If you look as cute as when you went into the gym u ain't trained hard enough lol:love::noway:
  • Hbhappygirl
    Hbhappygirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I purchase Lululemon for the workout clothes that I want to last forever ... they really do last forever so you get a great return on investment even though they are sooo expensive up front. I think it's worth every dime. I used to get Athleta but they are just as expensive as Lululemon and very poor quality in my experience.
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    bump
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i have some lulu pieces but also costco (that stuff is so cheap and decent quality) and nike and reebok outlets.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I went to luluemon on the weekend and it cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants.

I'll respond by quoting one of my running songs:
    "I call that getting swindled and pimped"

Just kidding. If that's what you are into, it makes you happy and it motivates you to workout, then by all means, treat yourself!

But I usually get my workout clothes at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's. I got some running shorts recently at Nordstrom Rack (cheaper than Ross!) and also the UA, Nike and Puma outlets nearby.

The only things that I will pay full price for are my running shoes and my UA high impact sports bra (not available at the outlet)

I workout at home (but run outside), no gym--so I am sure that makes a big difference because I don't feel any status pressure.

But honestly, when I workout I look like total crap. I am dripping sweat, my face is beet red and my hair is like a dandelion.
    Sometimes, I scare myself when I look in the mirror after a workout, so I don't think cute clothes would make a difference to me.
    But the shoes and the sports bras affect my performance, so I am OK shelling out the cash for those.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with Walmart.

Nothing. I buy athletic wear from there all the time and haven't had a problem with anything. :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I went to luluemon on the weekend and it cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants. Does anyone else find that expensive? It seem most people at my gym get their workout clothes there.
    It just seems expensive to me. Anyone have suggetions of where they shop that doesnt cost arm and leg and doesnot look cheap?

If you need consensus for justifying $160 on a t shirt and workout pants, I'll play along and say yes…you got a great deal.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My shirt and pants are from walmart, target, and Costco since those items are fine if they are cheap. . The bras are from bounce.com and I am willing to spend quite a bit on those.