where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Hi Just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I went to luluemon on the weekend and it cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants. Does anyone else find that expensive? It seem most people at my gym get their workout clothes there.
    It just seems expensive to me. Anyone have suggetions of where they shop that doesnt cost arm and leg and doesnot look cheap?

If you found it too expensive, why did you buy it?

FWIW - I don't base my workout clothes decisions on brand name or price in particular. I base it on whether it's comfortable and fits me properly, and is likely to last a reasonable amount of time.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the discount rack at sports authority. i usually go for sales and stuff like champion (non-nike/adidas/underarmor) and other non designer clothes.

however, some places i'll splurge on. i buy nike running pants because they're light and have zippered pockets. also, nike compression underwear (yes, it's underwear... fellas, they go UNDER your gym shorts).
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Old navy because its cheap
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I get my workout clothes from Lululemon, Athleta, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Old Navy, and ****'s Sporting Goods.

If you are looking for cheaper options, check out Target, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, JCPenny, Old Navy, and Walmart.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I usually get mine at Target. I have splurged on Victorias Secret gear- $166 for a pair of pants, a sports bra and a shirt- but didn't think they were any higher quality than Target's stuff. I also didn't look as sexy as the girls in the adverstisements. HA!

Also, TJmaxx, Marshalls and places like that have good deals on work out gear
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    That's mental, I wear old combats that are cut down and a vest, it's the trainers I'm more interested in gotta look after the body.

All about the training... If you look as cute as when you went into the gym u ain't trained hard enough lol:love::noway:

gurrrrl please.

there is not a direct coorelation to how hard you work to how good you look leaving the gym. Some of us look just as cute leaving as coming. - and I'm pretty sure I bust my *kitten* ...

although I can tell you- I climbed down off the stair master yesterday- I was a sweaty *kitten* mess LOL- I was 15 minutes later after a good mop up and my stretching- but it's not like I looked like a bag of smashed *kitten*.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Under Armour -- I can usually find this brand on sale and I like their quality
    REI Outlet -- good sales and if you're a member, you get a dividend at the end of the year
    TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross or any of the discount stores usually carry decent items -- I got a pair of capris and a sports bra for $22 total last time I was there
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Workout shorts straight off Amazon; there was a sale on Champion brand and I grabbed five pairs on the cheap.
    I have a plethora of t-shirts I've collected from the various IT conferences I attend every year. I usually wear these to the weight room.
    For cardio, I prefer Eastern Mouthpain Sports Techwick shirts - they pull the swap eat off my skin and help keep me cooler and drier as a result. They're too slippery for the weight room, especially for bench press work as my scapulae tend to slide on the bench.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'll spend money on is proper running shoes and good running bra's, everything else is cheap and cheerful, with 1 exception and that was my Gore Windstop running tights which cost me £99 but are honestly the best thing for running in winter and avoiding chill blains!!!
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    The only exercise clothes that I spend big on is shoes. Which I buy from footlocker America. It's cheaper to buy from there and import it to Australia, then to buy from Australian stores. Other then that I just wear track pants and hoodies, where I find them cheap.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    JCpenney. Marshalls. Target.

My big 3. :)
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Clearance rack at Sports Authority/Richard's Sporting goods
    Clearance rack at LRS
    Sale stuff at runningwarehouse.com
    Local outlet mall has Nike, UnderArmour, Reebok, etc.

I'm noticing a trend...
    The only thing I pay full price for is socks.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I know I am a guy, so things are easier for me... But I just use old T-Shirts with the sleeves cut off with junky gym shorts that I bought for like $5 at Walmart. :ohwell:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants

Holy Christ!

That could buy me 33 performance/wicking t-shirts. Ok, so I don't look like I could walk along a catwalk wearing them but I could certainly do farmers walks down a catwalk and that's what counts.
  • amydadeyrhodes
    amydadeyrhodes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love Land's End workout pants. A bit pricey, but they hold up a lot better than some of the other brands I have purchased. Also a brand from Nordstrom's. I can't remember the name, but it begins with a "Z".
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I always stick with Under Armour tech-t's due to the fact they don't shrink / fade and I can wear them to work since I'm office bound in the oil & gas industry.

Shorts wise I go with the Nike Fly's because of how they feel and the wild *kitten* color schemes which I like.

Shoes.... Nike Free 5.0, the OLD models, not 2014. Super soft, light, and flexible.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'll splurge on the sports bra......Moving Comfort (totally worth it)......all else Target.

Agreed. Proper sports bras are important. All else, just wherever you find something you like that fits. It doesn't have to be name brand.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I buy Champion bras and shorts at Target, and I get cute tops from Old Navy when they're on sale. I also go to Goodwill and get cool/funny t-shirts to cut up and make into workout tops. The things I'll splurge on are socks, which can make a HUGE difference during a workout blisters-wise, and I buy those on Amazon usually.
  • ambzdee94
    ambzdee94 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    anyone know of any websites in the UK?