You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

#1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking. #3, I have been arguing the way I was treated which was bad enough for an admin to remove. Not because of my topic, but because of how I was treated. I have several PM's from other MFP posters stating that you guys can be cruel. Why would I get 20+ of those if there was NO CRUELTY? No, you're way should not be how it works. And I'm not a victim, however a lot here are bullies. I'm too strong for all of your words to mean too much to me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the reason why the internet has become so dehumanized with blanketed quotes to make yourselves feel better about it.

VIle

You posted a bunch of misinformation, you posted terrible sources or sources that proved the opposite of what you were saying, then you called people names and created not one, but two threads calling more attention to the situation, then you enter this thread and make a million ridiculous comments trying to be funny --- if that is not calling attention to one's self in the worst possible way....

Making light hearted threads that contained jokes and even stated "I'm not 100% serious with this" meaning Its truth and I'm making a joke from it. I came in here joking because I assumed it was about me (and likely is because the timing and title just seems to fit just right), everyone else started belittling again, that turned back on my disgust. It's pathetic. And here you are still looking for a reason for any of it. NONE OF IT IS OKAY---EVER! PERIOD! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BEHAVIOR. None. Find evidence to prove me wrong here. Find psychological evidence that when one person is deemed to be wrong they should endure only the harshest criticisms and insults.

You think these are "only the harshest criticisms and insults"???

DYEbabycenter.com?*

(*or 98.44% of the rest of the internet?)
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to try to explain this as simply as I can.

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.

You have been arguing this whole time. I never really was talking about you. You have talked to me very reasonably. Although I do not agree with how you think I deserve it (as it is victim blaming), but I am talking about the people who were just complete as$holes. I am 32, and when a group makes a 32 year old woman who is tough as nails cry because I was thrown through a loop, there is something wrong there. Why was that necessary? It's not. It never was. You guys did it because you wanted to. Not because it was right or wrong.
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am persistent, I wont shut up, and I don't care if I was wrong with my well intentioned post that you guys attacked me for.

I have my own advocations and you will not see me stop until at least one person's view on how this situation was handled is changed. It's revolting that I have to call you humans too. Where the crap is the compassion? And all you can come back with is "oh she's a baby", "she can't let it go", "so sensitive", etc... which again are CLASSIC abuse excuses from mean beating their wives.

compassion1.gif
  • MissJenniLee
    Options

#1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking. #3, I have been arguing the way I was treated which was bad enough for an admin to remove. Not because of my topic, but because of how I was treated. I have several PM's from other MFP posters stating that you guys can be cruel. Why would I get 20+ of those if there was NO CRUELTY? No, you're way should not be how it works. And I'm not a victim, however a lot here are bullies. I'm too strong for all of your words to mean too much to me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the reason why the internet has become so dehumanized with blanketed quotes to make yourselves feel better about it.

VIle

You posted a bunch of misinformation, you posted terrible sources or sources that proved the opposite of what you were saying, then you called people names and created not one, but two threads calling more attention to the situation, then you enter this thread and make a million ridiculous comments trying to be funny --- if that is not calling attention to one's self in the worst possible way....

Making light hearted threads that contained jokes and even stated "I'm not 100% serious with this" meaning Its truth and I'm making a joke from it. I came in here joking because I assumed it was about me (and likely is because the timing and title just seems to fit just right), everyone else started belittling again, that turned back on my disgust. It's pathetic. And here you are still looking for a reason for any of it. NONE OF IT IS OKAY---EVER! PERIOD! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BEHAVIOR. None. Find evidence to prove me wrong here. Find psychological evidence that when one person is deemed to be wrong they should endure only the harshest criticisms and insults.

You think these are "only the harshest criticisms and insults"???

DYEbabycenter.com?*

(*or 98.44% of the rest of the internet?)

Nope, not on this topic... on the original topic where I just put my fat burning plan and what worked for me.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.

You have been arguing this whole time. I never really was talking about you. You have talked to me very reasonably. Although I do not agree with how you think I deserve it (as it is victim blaming), but I am talking about the people who were just complete as$holes. I am 32, and when a group makes a 32 year old woman who is tough as nails cry because I was thrown through a loop, there is something wrong there. Why was that necessary? It's not. It never was. You guys did it because you wanted to. Not because it was right or wrong.

Just walk away.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    4a3cf7b7b56947c59d9c1eecad52db4a.600x.jpg
  • likitisplit
    Options
    4a3cf7b7b56947c59d9c1eecad52db4a.600x.jpg

LOL.
  • MissJenniLee
    Options
    I am persistent, I wont shut up, and I don't care if I was wrong with my well intentioned post that you guys attacked me for.

I have my own advocations and you will not see me stop until at least one person's view on how this situation was handled is changed. It's revolting that I have to call you humans too. Where the crap is the compassion? And all you can come back with is "oh she's a baby", "she can't let it go", "so sensitive", etc... which again are CLASSIC abuse excuses from mean beating their wives.

compassion1.gif

No, it's to understand what that suffering would feel like.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No one "made" you do anything. This was all on you. Seriously. Several people told you maybe it was time to step away and stop posting. You continued.

By the way you keep going on trying to compare this to domestic abuse and such, I can only wonder if this is some sort of projection of issues you are facing.

There are several hotlines you can contact for help. Please stop posting and go and do that.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

No it was because it was right. The result of what was done got a thread that had a bunch of dangerous misinformation (ie 8 grams of protein a day) yanked quickly so that no one would read it and possibly think it was valid advice. That is the greater good. The point was to keep the forum clear of bunk, it had nothing to do with you. You are making something personal out of something impersonal. You posted some bullsh*t, that bullsh*t was mocked until it was pulled by the forum. Thats it. Not about you.

My advice would be to stop taking it personally. You posted some misinformation, it was called out. That honestly should have been the end of it.
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OK time for the best gif on the net!

Robert_Downey_Jr_lip_bite.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    popcorn_2.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

No one "made" you do anything. This was all on you. Seriously. Several people told you maybe it was time to step away and stop posting. You continued.

By the way you keep going on trying to compare this to domestic abuse and such, I can only wonder if this is some sort of projection of issues you are facing.

There are several hotlines you can contact for help. Please stop posting and go and do that.

This...x 1,000,000
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I think you need to ask yourself why you continued to come back if you found the response so upsetting to you.
  • likitisplit
    Options

No it was because it was right. The result of what was done got a thread that had a bunch of dangerous misinformation (ie 8 grams of protein a day) yanked quickly so that no one would read it and possibly think it was valid advice. That is the greater good. The point was to keep the forum clear of bunk, it had nothing to do with you. You are making something personal out of something impersonal. You posted some bullsh*t, that bullsh*t was mocked until it was pulled by the forum. Thats it. Not about you.

My advice would be to stop taking it personally. You posted some misinformation, it was called out. That honestly should have been the end of it.

Note that this thread is about to roll, regardless of the butt-hurt provided.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

compassion1.gif

ummmm. I feel like I do but you keep ignoring my posts.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    popcorn_gus.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

compassion1.gif

And this is where I have trouble sympathizing honestly. I am not sure how to "feel" hurt by someone on the internet telling me I am wrong about something. Why would I take that personally? I honestly don't get that. Either what I said is right and the person telling me I am wrong is wrong in which case I can choose to argue my position or not bother and walk away or alternatively the person who told me I was wrong is actually correct and it is up to me to try to defend. If I cannot defend then in attempting to do so I might see what in my position is weak and what I need to read more about to understand.

Getting emotional about it serves zero purpose.
  • MissJenniLee
    Options
    It is getting a little out of hand. As funny as the gifs are--it's not like she's selling Herbalife. Calm your roll people. And to the target, well, internet.

but see, I'm fighting common internet bullying acceptance all together. If we accept it, how will it ever get better? This is certainly not what I imagined the internet being. Where people get away with doing and saying things that would mean a real punch in the face in rl. People hide behind their computers and get bold but never get real about the problem.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I think you need to ask yourself why you continued to come back if you found the response so upsetting to you.

She can't. She doesn't know why. She is in anger mode. Someone abused her and now someone has to pay. The world is full of villains and victims right now. So she knows she is not the villain so she must be the victim. I fear she did not proceed far enough in her recovery from her abuse to have a real paradigm shift in how she sees the world. She really should call that hotline.