You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif

Why are you even in the roll then?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJJ59aWG4HIWvzGchAktC32-2TKmQjR5N9OI4fxIXN-4ryLWV0qA
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Dear sweet babby jebus I can't believe this rolled.

Its zumba time. Please still be here in a hour

Shake dat *kitten*.

In for this. :love:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Your definition of abuse would mean that at my job we do nothing but abuse each other day in and day out. Being verbally critical of other adults stated claims is not abuse, its my job and the job of my co-workers.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I honestly just don't know how to feel about this thread anymore. Every time I think I've caught up and get ready to comment, the entire tone of the thread changes....
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an accident that I got to roll this. There are no accidents. OP I can really relate to where you are right now. Would you consider getting off this ugly thread and going into a PM convo for like 5 minutes with me?

I think this would be a great idea.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It's turned into a total GIF fest.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif

Her first post in the original thread was full of misinformation. Her second post was "lol" in response to the cool starry bra pic. In her third post, she called everyone condescending *kitten*. This all happened by page 2. I can assure you, the only reason this is still going on is because she went from zero to losing it in….well, by page 2.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Your definition of abuse would mean that at my job we do nothing but abuse each other day in and day out. Being verbally critical of other adults stated claims is not abuse, its my job and the job of my co-workers.

I've made comments about this before. I'd be interested in getting some numbers on the "mean" people versus unicorn sunshine people and their professional and academic backgrounds.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    but see, I'm fighting common internet bullying acceptance all together. If we accept it, how will it ever get better? This is certainly not what I imagined the internet being. Where people get away with doing and saying things that would mean a real punch in the face in rl. People hide behind their computers and get bold but never get real about the problem.

When people correct something incorrect that you've said, you punch them in the face?!? Your logic has clearly gone off the rails. I hope a good night's rest will give you more clarity tomorrow.

And for what it's worth, I am a lot edgier IRL than I am online (because I can judge my recipient/audience more clearly).

I don't believe in violence, just saying that people wouldn't do this stuff to peoples face because it would mean a bigger threat.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to try to explain this as simply as I can.

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.

You have been arguing this whole time. I never really was talking about you. You have talked to me very reasonably. Although I do not agree with how you think I deserve it (as it is victim blaming), but I am talking about the people who were just complete as$holes. I am 32, and when a group makes a 32 year old woman who is tough as nails cry because I was thrown through a loop, there is something wrong there. Why was that necessary? It's not. It never was. You guys did it because you wanted to. Not because it was right or wrong.

I think you need to ask yourself why you continued to come back if you found the response so upsetting to you.

I already made it obvious why. I'm an advocate against abuse. This is a form of abuse. Therefore I will fight it. It's hard to fight reason and logic to the ignorant and in denial.

You claim to be advocating against abuse because you perceive responses to be hostile but then make posts referencing slapping me upside of my head.

Do you really not see the hypocrisy?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Dear sweet babby jebus I can't believe this rolled.

Its zumba time. Please still be here in a hour

Shake dat *kitten*.

In for this. :love:

It's settled then, this thread it making a detour to Bootytown.

dog-dancing-to-eminems-shake-that-*kitten*-song.gif
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

I've made comments about this before. I'd be interested in getting some numbers on the "mean" people versus unicorn sunshine people and their professional and academic backgrounds.

In January there are more 'mean' people; by Spring the unicorns start showing up and become the majority, and early fall snowflakes start to appear with "How I gained 9 pounds of muscle eating a deficit" MFP is sort of like the seasons....sort of.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    You guys are far too frustrating and incredibly SLOW.... you are the weakest links. Goodbye

(This is how I win)

squidward_twerkin.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You guys are far too frustrating and incredibly SLOW.... you are the weakest links. Goodbye

(This is how I win)

Finally.

In for the gifs

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25961-1385055442-5.gif
  • likitisplit
    Options

That would be interesting. I work with various internal groups. I find IT and Human Resource Managers to offer the most direct critique. Customer Service soft-pedals things.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Funny-cartoon-network-gifs-adventure-time-butt.gif
  • likitisplit
    Options

In January there are more 'mean' people; by Spring the unicorns start showing up and become the majority, and early fall snowflakes start to appear with "How I gained 9 pounds of muscle eating a deficit" MFP is sort of like the seasons....sort of.

I find it to be more like a seasonal resort town.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Why are you even in the roll then?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJJ59aWG4HIWvzGchAktC32-2TKmQjR5N9OI4fxIXN-4ryLWV0qA

It started off kind of amusing, and I was in it for the gifs. And now it just won't stop. You can say it's not bullying, but there's definitely a mob mentality going on here. Shouldn't we all go work out or something?
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Checkin in
  • likitisplit
    Options
    tumblr_mrdia4lzju1sz2d4zo1_500.gif