Options
    addams_zpsb8f8af61.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    lens1858413_1284918930toilet-paper-roll-debate_.jpg
    A or GTFO!

download-5.jpg

That's when it's time to abandon the house.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I think cyberbullying is a legitimate concern when it comes to young children in an era of online social media. I think that is legitimate both because children are by their nature socially fragile and impressionable and they are also unable to leave their environment, they are essentially trapped in their social group by circumstance outside of their control.

But, if you are an adult complaining about cyberbullying my response is to get this mental picture of you going on and on about what a victim you are while I start bouncing a small ball or eraser off your forehead as you talk and giving you my best "Really?" face because come on. Time to toughen up a bit or take a little personal responsibility.

It's also predicated on being in a situation you can't walk away from. It's not like we're stalking someone on MFP or posting to a FB wall. We are responding directly to posts made on a public forum.

Honestly, by her definition, is she not just as guilty of "cyber-bullying"?

Her definition was very, very broad.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Seriously, at my job there was a point at which I was feeling really beat down and a bit emotionally flustered and I expressed this to my PI and their response was to tell me I was "being precious". At the time I didn't think much of that but in retrospect...yeah, actually...and I appreciate that kind of bluntness. One reason I love the scientific community.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    A or GTFO!
    SO>>>>>>>>you are left handed???
    Nope, a rightie. The husband is a leftie and prefers B. A however is LOGICALLY the better choice because it allows one to pull and tear the necessary amount single-handed, while position B frequently requires the use of two hands or results in the accidental removal of too many sheets.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I think cyberbullying is a legitimate concern when it comes to young children in an era of online social media. I think that is legitimate both because children are by their nature socially fragile and impressionable and they are also unable to leave their environment, they are essentially trapped in their social group by circumstance outside of their control.

But, if you are an adult complaining about cyberbullying my response is to get this mental picture of you going on and on about what a victim you are while I start bouncing a small ball or eraser off your forehead as you talk and giving you my best "Really?" face because come on. Time to toughen up a bit or take a little personal responsibility.

It's also predicated on being in a situation you can't walk away from. It's not like we're stalking someone on MFP or posting to a FB wall. We are responding directly to posts made on a public forum.

Honestly, by her definition, is she not just as guilty of "cyber-bullying"?

Her definition was very, very broad.

So yeah, since it was so broad...
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sigh dam I missed a good one didn't I :grumble:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    So whats everyone having for dinner?
  • onecatleadstoanother
    onecatleadstoanother Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    is the original thread still around? the link isn't working for me, and now I'm curious
  • likitisplit
    Options

It was actually pretty sad at the end.
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    Joined in too late on this one, now the first thread is gone =[. What was she wrong about to begin with?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    is the original thread still around? the link isn't working for me, and now I'm curious

Nope poofed.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Alright racked my brains and I guess there is one situation in which I would think someone had gone too far on a public forum and that is if they did some stalking, found personal information about a person NOT found on the website on which the posting was occurring and posted that up as a form of attack. I think its wrong to doc drop someone because it is a personal attack and it is an invasion of someones privacy for no legit reason.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You guys are far too frustrating and incredibly SLOW.... you are the weakest links. Goodbye

(This is how I win)
    4a345622-3d43-459b-9dd1-6245c2787829_zpsd9925996.jpg
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Joined in too late on this one, now the first thread is gone =[. What was she wrong about to begin with?

Well it isn't just about her thread its about any thread like that.

One of her claims off the top of my head though was that it had been "medically proven" that everyone eats to much protein intake is resonsible for lots of diseases and really everyone just needs 8 grams of protein a day. 8.

When begged to provide a citation she finally eventually provided one (after spending a lot of time calling people r*tarded, condescending a**holes and monsters, and provided a link to a study that said the exact opposite of what she had been saying.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A or GTFO!
    Nope, a rightie. The husband is a leftie and prefers B. A however is LOGICALLY the better choice because it allows one to pull and tear the necessary amount single-handed, while position B frequently requires the use of two hands or results in the accidental removal of too many sheets.
    But B is more aesthetically pleasing. Therefore, B.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Someone in the original thread said something about google cache for finding the pages that poofed. Do a search for the thread title?

My internet-fu isn't nearly as advanced as my @sshole-fu.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

It was actually pretty sad at the end.

Yeah it sort of went from amusing to train wreck of a mentally unstable variety.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    A or GTFO!
    But B is more aesthetically pleasing. Therefore, B.

Psh... aesthetically pleasing, clearly predicated on an emotional response.